MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I rode a stationary bike for about 40 min today. BORING! This no running for a week is going to killl me!!:grumble:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Todays a rest day for me BUT I have amazing news....

I signed up for TEAM IN TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be running for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at the ING Distance Run in Philly on Sept 20!! It will be a 1/2 Marathon and I am super excited!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :smile: :drinker:
  • SatelliteCrush80
    SatelliteCrush80 Posts: 3,575 Member
    Options

I signed up for TEAM IN TRAINING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I will be running for the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society at the ING Distance Run in Philly on Sept 20!! It will be a 1/2 Marathon and I am super excited!!:bigsmile: :drinker: :happy: :smile: :drinker:

Yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That sounds like a really awesome program; I was looking into it last week. Good luck on your half!!!!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Thats great gustergirl! I'm going to look into that once I move in a couple of weeks.

Did 5 tonight, sprinted all the chorus' of my songs. What a fun way to do speedwork! :happy:

~Leash :heart:
  • RunRideRay
    RunRideRay Posts: 1,536 Member
    Options
    Way to go Gustergirl. That will be an awesome goal.

Welcome all the newbies to the board too.

Unless I get booted off for not running in about 5-days... But the skies are clear, calm winds, open roads, and have my new Garmin bike computer. It's impossible for me to pick running shoes over biking shoes. Sorry everyone.... I'll come back to running soon, I promise. :huh: :huh:

Keep going forward everyone
    Raymond
  • duffyzmom
    duffyzmom Posts: 644 Member
    Options
    Easy 2 miles for me this morning - Although I am questioning this runner's world training schedule for the half. It seems a little easier than the one I last used from the running room. I may have to tweek it a little. I probably would hav anyway because both the 10 miler and half I am running are quite hilly so I had planned to do more hill training and less speed work.

Sherry - Sorry you are still in pain but hopefully the shin splints will heal more quickly than a stress fracture. Never asked before have you been professionally fitted for shoes? You may need to look into that. Definitely head over to runner's world. I always take all my ailments there and haven't been steered wrong yet.

Gustergirl - So cool! I have heard great things about that race. My old training coach used to do it yearly. I always hear the Rocky theme whenever someone mentions the Philly Run.:drinker:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    I'm going to the gym this morning to do some legs and abs strength training and try to find some type of low impact cardio to do! Can't wait to run again!:happy:

Glustergirl: Congrats on signing up for the half!

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Easy Calorie Counting
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    5 mile run at 5AM for me today. :bigsmile: Ran w/ a different friend who is training for a fall marathon, and wanting to BQ. Our first mile was a 7:58, so I knew it was going to be a fast 5!! :drinker:
  • SherryRH
    SherryRH Posts: 810 Member
    Options

Yay gustergirl!!!! I may see ya down there. It was the 1/2 I was planning on doing but that is up in the air but my running group is still doing it so if I don't run it I may go to support them. Also, I believe Heather (hessied) is running it as well. We could have an MFP meeting of sorts. :flowerforyou:
    Sherry - Sorry you are still in pain but hopefully the shin splints will heal more quickly than a stress fracture. Never asked before have you been professionally fitted for shoes? You may need to look into that. Definitely head over to runner's world. I always take all my ailments there and haven't been steered wrong yet.

By professional do you mean someone who owns the running shoe store or a doctor? I have been to running world.com and that is how I thought I had a stress fracture. (see self diagnosis. :laugh: ) I am going to see a sports medicine doctor on Friday and I will take my running shoes with me so he can look them over and tell me if I am wearing the right shoes and also tell me how to get back into running without pain.
  • vrdz3215
    vrdz3215 Posts: 493
    Options
    Didn't get my run in yesterday:mad: :grumble: But I have scheduled 3 more 5K's for the next 2 months... I am so addicted! :bigsmile:
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options
    Ran 5k last night. We went to a local park that actually has a path with the distance marked off. First time I ever ran that far... figured that with me finishing c25k this week I'll just run the 5k and care less about the time I ran. I ended up running it slowly which kind of sucks, but at least I finished. Took me approximately 33 minutes. Very slow, but considering I had a bunch of energy when we finished I know I can speed it up next time.
  • chrissyh
    chrissyh Posts: 8,235 Member
    Options
    33 minutes is not bad - remember you're new at this...I only hope to be at 33 minutes when I do the first actual 5k

yesterday was a strength day for me ( I did sneak in a 1.25 mile jog/.75 mile walk at lunch) will jog this evening with my hubby - he's jumped on my coat tails after he realized that I can jog further without stopping (of course my pace is slower than when he runs - my steps are smaller) I am just so excited to go together!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Good morning:flowerforyou:

Maintenance run for me today, 5K. It rained this morning so it was cloudy here. Great weather for a run. Too bad I couldn't run longer. Reality was calling.:laugh: Off to start the day. Have a good one everyone!

-Kechie.
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Ran 5k last night. We went to a local park that actually has a path with the distance marked off. First time I ever ran that far... figured that with me finishing c25k this week I'll just run the 5k and care less about the time I ran. I ended up running it slowly which kind of sucks, but at least I finished. Took me approximately 33 minutes. Very slow, but considering I had a bunch of energy when we finished I know I can speed it up next time.

Way to go msarro! 33 minutes is nothing to be upset about. That is a very good time. Way to go!
  • kechiemc
    Options
    Unless I get booted off for not running in about 5-days... But the skies are clear, calm winds, open roads, and have my new Garmin bike computer. It's impossible for me to pick running shoes over biking shoes. Sorry everyone.... I'll come back to running soon, I promise. :huh: :huh:

Keep going forward everyone
    Raymond

I look forward to seeing you post Raymond. Post how your biking is going. I'd love to hear about it.
  • msarro
    msarro Posts: 2,748 Member
    Options

Way to go msarro! 33 minutes is nothing to be upset about. That is a very good time. Way to go!

Thanks!!
    I kind of want to go longer now, but I know this is the most dangerous time to do that according to every training article I've seen... something about muscles being stronger but the bones and tendons aren't?

Any idea how to tell when the bones and tendons have gotten stronger so that I can safely start to run longer distances again? Or should I focus on speed for awhile?
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Ran 5k last night. I ended up running it slowly which kind of sucks, but at least I finished. Took me approximately 33 minutes. Very slow, but considering I had a bunch of energy when we finished I know I can speed it up next time.

Quick, I need one of those little smileys that bonks someone over the head!

Very slow my *kitten*!!! I did 5k in 45 mins so I would take your 33 mins any day!

Gustergirl, WTG!!!! I'm glad you took the plunge. Good luck to you!

A running friend of mine told me to quit speed/tempo work and just concentrate on my pace. He said that I will pick up speed later and that I should do speed work just before my 5k in August. Is he right?

No running for me today. I have to work 14 hours today so there's no time for running. I did strength training this morning, though. I really needed it. I've been slacking a little in the strength training lately.

Hope everyone has a great day!
  • hessied
    hessied Posts: 460 Member
    Options

Yeah, Gustergirl!! Congrats! I didn't realize you were a fellow Pennsyltuckian! :wink: Sherry was right - I'm all signed up for the Distance Run. How great would it be to meet you both there!
  • jabdye
    jabdye Posts: 4,059 Member
    Options
    Happy Tuesday to you all!

I got in 5.5 at an easy pace -- very enjoyable since I didn't get to run yesterday. I need to find something to do on my non-running days -- cause even my kids noticed that I was a little grumpy:grumble: . Don't handle stress very well on non-running days....hmmmm....maybe I need to do more wine drinking on my off days :drinker: hehehehe
  • gustergirl
    gustergirl Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    Heather thats great! I would love to meet up with you and anyone else. I am so excited--Best of luck!