MFP Runner's Club

Options

Replies

• christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    Getting out of bed was much easier this morning!:smile: It's gonna be so hard not to run at all this week though.:grumble:
    Great job on 8 miles and great job on everyone's achievements! God Bless!

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • Tiddle
    Tiddle Posts: 762 Member
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I ran my first 1/2 marathon today...my time was 1:52:37 (an 8:36 pace!!!!) My goal was to run it in under 2 hours, so I'm SUPER happy with how I did.

:drinker:
  • runnerdad
    runnerdad Posts: 2,081 Member
    Options
    No run today. After a 7 miler yesterday followed by P90X leg workout, my butt is still sore! So - did Kenpo X and some Wii Fit with the kids.

Shuntae, if you can already run 4 miles, you have enough 'base' to be plenty strong enough to train for a 1/2 Marathon by October. Kechie has already given you some good advice. Go for it!!
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Awesome runs everyone!
    Today is my rest day.
    I'm getting stuff together to start P90X tomorrow!
    Question for those of you with P90X and running experience....
    Do you adjust your running days to better coincide with the other workout for the day?
    ie~ not running on the same day you do plyometrics or the leg routine?
    Or can you flip flop the P90X workouts...ie~reverse chest/back with legs/back to better fit with running?
    Thanks as always for the advice!
    Becky
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Awesome runs everyone!
    Today is my rest day.
    Do you adjust your running days to better coincide with the other workout for the day?
    Or can you flip flop the P90X workouts...ie~reverse chest/back with legs/back to better fit with running?
    Becky
    On my first round, I did the 'classic' routine, and fit my running in whenever, usually on a stretch or yoga day. This time I am doing the 'doubles' schedule, substituting the cardio X work out with my running. When you do that, you do leg work outs on running days. Seems to be working well so far (it is easier doing the legs after the run then having a 'down day' than it is to do legs one day and try to run the next).
    FWIW
  • runnerdad
    Options
    Good Morning everyone!

I ran my first 1/2 marathon today...my time was 1:52:37 (an 8:36 pace!!!!) My goal was to run it in under 2 hours, so I'm SUPER happy with how I did.

:drinker:
    Great job!!:drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou: :drinker:
  • christine918
    christine918 Posts: 261
    Options
    Tiddle: Thats an amazing time!! You should be so proud of yourself!:flowerforyou: :drinker: :flowerforyou:

146230.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Online Calorie Counter
  • beckyi88
    beckyi88 Posts: 604
    Options
    Thanks Tom! :smile:

:drinker: Tiddle...that is awesome! :drinker:

You speed runners are so inspiring to me! :bigsmile:
    and you mega distance runners as well! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    jessmomof3 Posts: 4,590 Member
    Options
    Awesome runs everyone!
    Today is my rest day.
    Becky

When I am training for a half or long race, I typically just cut out Plyo and Kenpo and sub in a run and then run on Yoga days. It's up to you, if you want to do a double or not. I am also biking/ swimming so I just have to watch that I don't overtrain. HTH!
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    That is awesome that your girls ran with you! I want to get my kids involved with it more!

It was so fun! I'm so glad that they really enjoyed themselves. I added a pic of me w/ my 10yo and our medals! :bigsmile:
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Well, I ended up doing sort of a tri today. I am really working at fitting in my swimming for the Olympic tri. I swam 2,000 yds, my longest swim yet! (that's over a mile!) Then came home, hopped on the bike and biked out to the park where my dh had taken the girls (about 8.5 miles). I couldn't find them so I ran the trail there, I think it's around 2 miles. So... there was my tri! Then did some fishing. :wink: Fun times!
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Dang Jess, I don't think you work out enough, I'm going to ask you to tone it down... haha yea that was definitely sarcasm. Thats awesome... I'm moving to sacramento soon and I can't wait to be able to start biking, I'm going to become a hard core biker/runner, I could never give up running! I don't think I can become a swimmer though, I'd seriously drown, I took swimming class for my major and I was the one in the shallow end haha

I've been getting grad gifts together today so I'm going to run this evening, why do I keep posting BEFORE I run?!! I don't know, I'm weird I guess but yea I'm just going to do 6 or so. Happy Running all!

~Leash :heart:
  • jodi0117
    jodi0117 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am not new to MFP, but I am new to this blogging thing. I have been reading this topic lately and really love all the encouragement and advice going around. Ya'll are awesome!
    I have been running for 4 years now and have 2 half-marathons under my belt, several 10 and 5 ks. My heart wants me to move up to the marathon, my head won't let me sign up--I'm too scared to commit!

Right now I am working on my speed--I've been consistently a 10-minute miler forever except in my 5ks. I am also slowly adding miles every month, just in case I talk myself into that November marathon.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the group!

Jodi
  • VballLeash
    VballLeash Posts: 2,456 Member
    Options
    Hello! I am not new to MFP, but I am new to this blogging thing. I have been reading this topic lately and really love all the encouragement and advice going around. Ya'll are awesome!
    I have been running for 4 years now and have 2 half-marathons under my belt, several 10 and 5 ks. My heart wants me to move up to the marathon, my head won't let me sign up--I'm too scared to commit!

Right now I am working on my speed--I've been consistently a 10-minute miler forever except in my 5ks. I am also slowly adding miles every month, just in case I talk myself into that November marathon.

I'm looking forward to being a part of the group!

Jodi

Welcome to the group Jodi! And you should definitely sign up for the marathon, I ran my first one a couple of weeks ago and it was GREAT! You can do it, it is very mental but it sounds like you have ran enough to be able to do it. Welcome! :happy:

• ctmom1
    ctmom1 Posts: 189
    Options
    duffyzmom~I also did a Relay for Life this weekend! Did you run during it? I tried but the track was very crowded, so I just walked...a lot! I estimate I walked a total of about 15-20 miles in the 14 hours we were there...All for a great cause!

It is funny, my calves have been really sore all week, but after all the walking yesterday/this morning, they feel good now!

Congrats to all on the various races this weekend! You guys rock!:bigsmile:
  • annaliza
    annaliza Posts: 809
    Options
    Good evening everyone!!!

Today was supposed to be my long day but it just didn't work out. I was able to run 3 miles before it got too dark so I'm glad with that. I think I'm getting my first signs of shin splints anyways so I'm not all that upset that I didnt go longer.

Congrats to everyone's run this weekend and Happy Running!
  • rozzee
    rozzee Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I would like to join this thread. I did my first run walk tonight.
    I use to run about 6 years ago. I started out with the couch to 5 K and I am doing something similar to it this time.
    I love running and always wanted to get back to it but I have gained a lot of weight. It is a vicious circle you have to run to lose the weight and you can't run because your carrying too much weight around. I have tried to get back into running several times over the years but I think I take things too quickly and I get burned out. I am going to build my endurance and not push myself too much this time.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Take care
    Diane
  • jessmomof3
    Options
    Dang Jess, I don't think you work out enough, I'm going to ask you to tone it down... haha yea that was definitely sarcasm. Thats awesome... I'm moving to sacramento soon and I can't wait to be able to start biking, I'm going to become a hard core biker/runner, I could never give up running! I don't think I can become a swimmer though, I'd seriously drown, I took swimming class for my major and I was the one in the shallow end haha

I've been getting grad gifts together today so I'm going to run this evening, why do I keep posting BEFORE I run?!! I don't know, I'm weird I guess but yea I'm just going to do 6 or so. Happy Running all!

Haha, that cracked me up! :laugh: I know, I get called the Energizer bunny often. I'm really getting in to the swimming now that I'm feeling more confident in the pool. It took a while though, I used to be just a runner, then started biking, and figured I may as well swim too. :bigsmile: I love the triathlons though, they are so fun! :wink: Hope you had a good run!

Jess
  • 515TeachNRun
    515TeachNRun Posts: 6,398 Member
    Options
    Hi Everyone

I would like to join this thread. I did my first run walk tonight.
    I use to run about 6 years ago. I started out with the couch to 5 K and I am doing something similar to it this time.
    I love running and always wanted to get back to it but I have gained a lot of weight. It is a vicious circle you have to run to lose the weight and you can't run because your carrying too much weight around. I have tried to get back into running several times over the years but I think I take things too quickly and I get burned out. I am going to build my endurance and not push myself too much this time.

Thanks for letting me ramble.

Take care
    Diane
    [/quote

Good for you! Welcome back to running. And it certainly sounds like you have the right idea. Don't worry about pushing too quickly. Take your time and do it right!
  • kechiemc
    kechiemc Posts: 1,355 Member
    Options
    Welcome Jodi and Rozee!:flowerforyou: