Do you workout at home?

Options
124»

Replies

• ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I tried the gym, but it just wasn't for me. Now I work out with Kinect at home. I also have a couple of DVDs, 5 and 7 pound handweights and a park across the street for walking when weather permits. I live in an apartment so as soon as the pool opens up for the summer, I'll be out there too. Last summer, I did water walking and a lot of resistance exercises in the pool.

OMG I didn't even use my pool last year at my apartment complex, but now that you mention it, that's going to be GREAT exercise this summer! SWEET!
  • tinkerpuppet
    tinkerpuppet Posts: 40 Member
    Options
    I haven't gone through all the replies, but I have an elliptical that I enjoy. Also, I wanted to try Zumba, but I wasn't finding many good reviews of DVD's. So i went on youtube and found tons of videos and made my own playlist and play on shuffle. I get to choose the instructors and songs that I like that way. I've done the 30day shred which I liked, but I hate the repetitiveness of. Also, Bodyrock is supposed to be good too (if you go to their site, they have their workouts available)!
  • SilverStrychnine
    SilverStrychnine Posts: 413 Member
    Options
    I do, for a couple of reasons: A) I can't afford the gym at the moment, and b) I'm too embarrassed to go walking out in public. I have no special equipment, I just jog laps of the back yard. I do step ups on the back stairs. I lift cans of tomatoes. I'm also going to look up workouts on youtube.
  • StrugglingtoMove
    StrugglingtoMove Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    A video game system has great options, also Youtube has lots of workouts on it, i bought an appleTV so i can get youtube right on my tv, im not doing much still though but little by little
  • Katie3784
    Options
    I do pilates DVDs, have dumbells ranging in weight from 2lbs to 20lbs, and I have an elliptical machine. With those things, I've been able to maintain my goal weight and am very happy with my body.
  • AmyRhubarb
    AmyRhubarb Posts: 6,890 Member
    Options
    I do - can't afford the gym, plus it's nice to not have to go anywhere, I just get up, get dressed, and workout. I have a stack of Jillian Michaels DVDs, and an assortment of dumbbells. To change things up and to preview workouts before buying new ones, I check out other workout DVDs from my library. Usually I have to request them from another library, but easy to do online. I've been through two Bob Harper workouts (they are KILLER! Ouch! LOL) and have a TaeBo workout waiting for me tomorrow - Bob goes back, Billy comes home. :laugh: Also started C25K last week, lots of free smart phone apps for that one.
  • FionaAnne22
    FionaAnne22 Posts: 178 Member
    Options
    I workout at home to a mix of

Wii - Zumba Fitness 2, Wii fit, Xbox - Dance Central, Dvvd's - Tae Bo and Pump it up, also have some dumbells which I do strength training with three times a week. On top of that I've got a rowing machine in the cupboard which Im going to pull out soon, and I walk a lot :) I couldnt afford the gym, so try to make the most of it at home by changing it up with exercise a lot so I don't get bored, and so far so good...I've done the most exercise in the last month than I have done in years! :D
  • mrleepiano
    Options
    pull up bar, jump rope, insanity!
  • Trinketona
    Options
    I have a lot of working out DVDs because I get bored with the same one. Also hiking its free!!!
  • i_like_snow
    i_like_snow Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    I workout at home with the 30 Day Shred DVD and the Treadmill.
  • Danpellizzari
    Options
    You can do body weight exercises and add a resistance band. In these situations you're limited only by creativity. If you have Facebook, Kim Dolan Leto has a number of articles and videos that offer a number of ideas.
  • Shanphichloe
    Options
    It is just as effective to work out at home for me. Before my last 2 babies (I have 3 kids) I used to go to the gym. My schedule was flexible at work so it was very convenient for me. Now, with 3 kids, a husband that works close to 70hrs per week, my full time job that I need to leave home by 7:30am and I'm back at 5:00pm, there is no way I can make it to the gym.

I have a treadmill, Turbo Jam, Chalean Extreme, Turbo Fire and I do very well with these! I also run when the snow starts to melt. I kinda prefer working out from home now. I guess it's what you put in it!
  • liog
    liog Posts: 347 Member
    Options
    I have a treadmill, a mini stepper, a recumbent bike, free weights. I use netflix for my yoga and aerobics. I have the 30 day shred but I'm waiting for a month to try that.

I got my treadmill for $75 on craiglist. It isn't super fancy but does the job when I can't get outside. I see a lot of exercise equipment on there.
  • MusicKeepsMeSane
    Options
    I just walk up and down the stairs. I also use the Wii to keep my body active when I can't get to the gym.
  • zoedallas
    zoedallas Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    I workout at home. At first I tried to do it entirely on my own, just picking out various exercises from the net, jumping rope, walking, etc. That didn't work all that well. I then bought one of Jillian Michaels DVDs and that has made a huge improvement!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    I went to Target and got several Jillian Michaels DVDs (Ripped in 30 is my fave, followed by 30DS). I also bought 5, 8, and 10 lb. weights for the strength training parts of the DVDs. I'm all set and spent less than $100!
  • jjennyb4
    jjennyb4 Posts: 1,581 Member
    Options
    I do P90X, Tae Bo, X-Box 360: zumba, dance central, WII: Wii Fit, Jillian michaels, etc. Theres plenty to keep you moving at home!!!! Good luck :smile:
  • dhencel
    dhencel Posts: 244 Member
    Options
    if you get Fit tv on your cable/satellite, I recommend Gilad.. He is on at 6 am--of course I DVR it---Has 2 programs on in a row...Bodies in motion and Total sculpt. They give you a good workout...It's taped in Hawaii in the 1980's or 90's but exercise is all the same.... By DVR, I can do the workout when I want and can keep the good ones.....I sometimes just do my own workout using some of his stuff that I have learned...Good luck to you.....And if you have satellite, there is a few dance music stations that is good for your own workout....
  • BaDaSsBrUnEtTe
    BaDaSsBrUnEtTe Posts: 518 Member
    Options
    Yes I work out from home. I have a few of jillian micheals dvd's and when the weather is nice I go for walks or jogs. I have some small 3lb weights, a mat, and a stability ball also.