what your toilet paper says about you

Options

Replies

• Ginger4real
    Options
    Don't be ashamed ..you are correct ~be proud ~:drinker:.....errrr it wont post as a quote lol
  • KimmyEB
    KimmyEB Posts: 1,208 Member
    Options
    My OCD helps prevent anything but the first from happening. Picture 2... WHO DOES THAT OMG :laugh:

I stab people if they put the roll on backward. (Yes, the first picture is the only proper toilet paper alignment)

LOL yes. I agree. I haven't stabbed someone...yet. But I will fix it and put it on the proper way.

My boyfriend usually goes for option #3, and I just don't understand it.
  • jereibold
    jereibold Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    OVER!!! I evencgo to friends house and change it!! lol:bigsmile:
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    My OCD helps prevent anything but the first from happening. Picture 2... WHO DOES THAT OMG :laugh:

I do that LOL! Drives everybody nuts but I don't get a long tail of paper hanging off the roll when you pull and tear.:blushing:

Don't be ashamed ..you are correct ~be proud ~ :drinker:
  • AggieLu
    AggieLu Posts: 873 Member
    Options
    #1 = describes me very well :)
  • ThePhoenixRose
    ThePhoenixRose Posts: 1,985 Member
    Options

I stab people if they put the roll on backward. (Yes, the first picture is the only proper toilet paper alignment)

Remind me to never come to your house, nor invite you to mine... #2 is the ONLY way to put toilet paper on the roll if you have kids who enjoy slapping the roll so it all comes off into a pile on the floor. Sure, they can make it happen when it's "backwards," but it's much trickier for little hands and brains to figure out. So, in my house, it's #2 ALL DAY LONG! :laugh:
  • heresmyinsidevoice
    heresmyinsidevoice Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    mexican-restaurants-mexican-restaurant-understanding-our-nee-demotivational-poster-1264037684.jpg
  • WifeNMama
    WifeNMama Posts: 2,876 Member
    Options
    My friend was living with her inlaws briefly and she put the roll on in the #1 position, and her father in law talked to her about it, "we are people who put it on going behind."
    Really? She cleans your house and you don't do jack all, and you complain about the tp?
  • frugalmomsrock
    Options
    I may or may not change other people's rolls to match #1....

my husband refers to people who like #2 as bottom feeders. :-x
  • 11Jayme11
    11Jayme11 Posts: 194 Member
    Options
    :blushing: I'm usually the first, and usually very anal about it.. BUT currentally...... IM THE THIRD... my 3 year old broke the middle holder, and need to get one soon!
  • lombrica
    lombrica Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options

Remind me to never come to your house, nor invite you to mine... #2 is the ONLY way to put toilet paper on the roll if you have kids who enjoy slapping the roll so it all comes off into a pile on the floor. Sure, they can make it happen when it's "backwards," but it's much trickier for little hands and brains to figure out. So, in my house, it's #2 ALL DAY LONG! :laugh:

^^^^ I agree whole-heartedly... and I voted in the Cottonell search for the "proper" way. I have changed it in other people's houses to #2... usually only if I know that they are obsessive about being #1. I figure that it's my job to help them convert to the smarter way! LOL. I do find that it IS harder to get the long piece that hangs down and touches the floor if it's UNDER versus over.
  • Rhea30
    Rhea30 Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    I need to add to my pet peeve in the pet peeve thread - People who are guest in someone's house and changes the toilet paper roll! I've had guest do that here and I always found it so rude. If its not your house leave the toilet paper in the position it is.
  • StevLL
    StevLL Posts: 921 Member
    Options
    Don't use it! Ha!

Just kidding! 6 cats in the house Tp sits in the cabinet next to the toilet, it's the only way.
  • parys1
    parys1 Posts: 2,069 Member
    Options
    My friend was living with her inlaws briefly and she put the roll on in the #1 position, and her father in law talked to her about it, "we are people who put it on going behind."
    Really? She cleans your house and you don't do jack all, and you complain about the tp?

Hence the brevity of the stay.

Personally, I vote for option #2 as I find it much tidier with the end of the roll tucked neatly against the wall, not sloppily "out there" to be bumped about.
  • Ginger4real
    Options
    I need to add to my pet peeve in the pet peeve thread - People who are guest in someone's house and changes the toilet paper roll! I've had guest do that here and I always found it so rude. If its not your house leave the toilet paper in the position it is.

LOL...True enough ...In my defense (can't speak for the others) I wouldn't go it in a random persons house and do it (atleast I hope not :blushing: ) I do it to family and friends ...just to see if they notice ...because some notice mine or say I should turn it facing out ....plus we always do little things to see if it bugs each other...I got in my car last night and my two little mirror lights were on ..someone turned them on (I never touch them) while I went in the store...someday someone will mention it .... I swear I really am lower spectrum OCD though..I do somethings that are really just nit picky and don't even think about it til I start to annoy myself and have to tell myself to stop.
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    My husband is #2, I am #1 - I have no freaking clue why he keeps putting it under! It drives me crazy!!! Lately we've both been changing it back and forth, but we haven't said a word to each other, lol.

But seriously, why put it under? Then you have to search for the ending of it, it's hanging against the holder/wall. If it's over, its' right there for you to use!

Seriously a pet peeve.
  • Katbaran
    Katbaran Posts: 605 Member
    Options
    We don't even have a toilet paper hanger in our bathroom! It sits on the edge of the counter. I wonder what THAT says about us!:laugh:
  • FitSid
    FitSid Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    slightly ocd haha, I'll change it if someone gets to it first (see fig. 2).
  • Elizabeth_M
    Elizabeth_M Posts: 562 Member
    Options

LOL...True enough ...In my defense (can't speak for the others) I wouldn't go it in a random persons house and do it (atleast I hope not :blushing: ) I do it to family and friends ...just to see if they notice ...because some notice mine or say I should turn it facing out ....plus we always do little things to see if it bugs each other...I got in my car last night and my two little mirror lights were on ..someone turned them on (I never touch them) while I went in the store...someday someone will mention it .... I swear I really am lower spectrum OCD though..I do somethings that are really just nit picky and don't even think about it til I start to annoy myself and have to tell myself to stop.

I only change it when it's empty, because that would be rude to leave an empty roll!
  • bigbugboo
    Options
    Ha ha. Funny! My husband always does the first with the roll, and I always do the second. He was privately educated in a well known school in London, and I went to the local school with all the other rabble...............says it all really :wink: