5"8-5"9 goal weights??

Options

Replies

• mariewithers
    Options
    I am 5'8and a half too and my goal weight is 154, because I started at 303lb I think I will have about 10lb excess skin too, so may revise that target when I get nearer.
  • moopachoo
    moopachoo Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    I'm 5' 9 and a half and my ultimate weight right now is about 155-160. I'd really like to get a nice tone going on as opposed to being skin and bones, and I have a pretty thick frame to begin with so I think that's a reasonable weight :)
  • Fit2befitZ
    Fit2befitZ Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    I am 5'8 and my goal weight is 138. Previously I was at 132 but I have difficulty maintaining but I did well at 138. I am about 15 pounds away. Getting there one day at a time, one workout at a time. :-)
  • geenabug
    geenabug Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and I remember being 168 when I met my husband in 1991. I guess I was still considered 'thick' then so I think I'd like to eventually get to 150, but we'll see. Got to get to 250 first! :)
  • airlily
    airlily Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    Well, for a healthy BMI, the weight range for me (I'm 5'8" 1/2, but i just put in 5'8") is anywhere from 121 to 165 lbs. So, I placed my goal weight at 175. I mean, most people complain about those last 10 pounds, right? So, for now, the goal is 175; then, I can remake the goal for 160 and focus on weight training and losing maybe .5 a week. I think. XD

Ideal Weight Calculator: http://www.calculator.net/ideal-weight-calculator.html?ctype=standard&cage=36&csex=f&cheightfeet=5&cheightinch=8&cheightmeter=180&x=84&y=10
  • ZumbaBeast86
    Options
    Wow, I'm 5'8" and my goal weight is more than what you guys weigh now, it's 180 for me. I have a large frame though and lots of muscle.

Ditto to this! I'm 5'8 and my current weight is more than what most of the posts on here have for their current/goal weight. My goal, though, is 180-190 pounds. I think that for my frame, which is a bit larger than most 5'8ers, that would be a good weight to maintain for awhile. I can always lose more when I get to that point, but for now that's my goal.

I'm glad I'm not the only one who feels like I have a higher goal than most people on this forum :)
  • daisydieter
    Options
    I'm 5'9" and shooting to land around 150... making 145 my low and 155 the number I start dieting again!
  • rudegyal_b
    rudegyal_b Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    im 5'8, currently 141-143lb but would love to be 133 or so
  • warmachinejt
    warmachinejt Posts: 2,167 Member
    Options
    I don't have goal weights (more like goal waist circumference) but I'm 5'9" and am currently weighin 145lbs. I have been 133lbs but that's when i had no muscle at all. For a guy 140lbs should be the lowest healthy weight to me in my opinion.
  • gotnells
    gotnells Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I am doing cardio daily and strength training 3x a week...it's really toning my trouble areas...I'm aiming for eventually 150, my high school weight. I highly recommend Pilates if your at/or near your goal weight to target your core, not just your abs, to tighten it up! :)
  • kittyneutron
    kittyneutron Posts: 160 Member
    Options
    I'm 5'9"...145 on me is a size 8. Pretty small, for sure. My first goal is 175 which is a size 12. I will definitely re-evaluate when I get there though. I have an hourglass shape which I would like to preserve, I like my curves and I'm not trying to get rid of them by any means. I also hope that I am able to strengthen and tone as best I can as I lose the weight.

Currently I weigh 237 and wear a size 16/18.
  • annshh
    Options
    I'm 5'9 and my goal weight is 150. I have a big frame- broad shoulders/hips... I've been in the mid 160's for 2 years, while eating right and working out 5-6 days a week (sometimes 2x a day). Gained weight over Christmas break and was up to 171 when I got back to school. Today I weighed in at 167... so we'll see. Right now I'm a size 9. Honestly I don't think it would be/look healthy for me to get below 150, even though a lower number does sound nice.
  • odonogc
    odonogc Posts: 223 Member
    Options
    I'm 5 foot 8, 142 today, and really to get to 137 so I can stay below 140, even on a bad day.
  • dezedeze
    dezedeze Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    5' 8" here too and my ultra goal is about 140. Although...when I weighed 150 I was in really good shape (I was wearing a size 6), so I'd take that too!
  • laurenthomas91
    Options
    I'm 5'8 as well! my starting weight was around 135 (give or take a couple of pounds) but I had a 30% body fat.
    Currently down to 129lbs, my goal weight is 124lbs however i'm more focused on toning and decreasing my body fat, rather than focusing on weight loss.
  • Symphony6
    Symphony6 Posts: 116 Member
    Options
    5'8.5" with a large frame here. My first goal is 165. I honestly think I'll be happy there, but I may slim down to 150. I have been both weights when I was younger.
  • visiri
    visiri Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    First - let me say I'm blown away by some of these high numbers - I'm currently 187 (started at 196) and my goal is about 145. I was 125 in my early 20's and too thin but at 135 I was a 36C and curvy. I don't want to be a stick, and I know with 140-145 I'll still be curvy.

I really hope that those of you with goals that are still in the overweight range do a reevaluation once you reach your goal and invest in getting your fat% tested and concentrate on getting that number to a healthy range.

I know it's hard to imagine yourself thinner especially if you have family telling you to stop. You need to listen to your doctor and the numbers (BP, Body Fat, blood glucose, etc) that indicate that you are a healthy weight - not to someone that maybe secretly upset or jealous that you are losing weight
  • dianehemingson1
    Options
    I am just starting today. I am 5 foot 8.5 inches too. My start weight is 140 and I am thinking 135 is where I would like to be. This leads me to believe that for you maybe 135 will be okay? I feel that the weight is not really my issue as much as the toning of my figure. I would like less fat on my body. Often when going through thesediet situations, and the increase of exercise, your body builds more muscle (less fate hopefully) and muscle weighs more that fat. So, if I lose inches and a few pounds.....I will be totally happy.
  • snowbab
    snowbab Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8. Starting weight was 140.6 and I'm currently 134.6 (or 134.2 after a cheat look this morning lol) after a looong plateau. Aiming for around 122-124 :)
  • davinci21
    davinci21 Posts: 60 Member
    Options
    I'm 5"8 starting weight 191lbs i would like to go down to 150lbs. I'm working on losing fat and gaining muscle, so if i end up a little heavy with muscle thats fine with me.