Anyone over 50 on here?

Options

Replies

• Lesa52
    Lesa52 Posts: 21
    Options
    Hi, I'll be 53 in a couple of months. Have been on MFP since Jan. 1 and have lost 4 lbs. I love my "friends" and the accountability and support.
  • baycat107
    baycat107 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    Welcome ! I am 53, please add me as a friend, if you want. In fact I would welcome any "50 +" new friends.
  • janjtaylor
    Options
    57 today and loving my life in my 50's. Add me...anyone! Plenty of motivation!
  • wickedcricket
    wickedcricket Posts: 1,246 Member
    Options
    hi! welcome to MFP. Today is the first day of the rest of your life- I'm 55 (& 1/2) can friend me if you like
    you're gonna love it here
  • wilprosper
    wilprosper Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Fabulous 50 plus here, Have been playing around with this site. However I'm committed to tracking the food daily and pray for the strength to get moving.
  • LadyOverturf
    Options
    Hi Everyone! I'm 56! Just joined this evening. Sounds like a plan! Let's do this! : )
  • tnfphelan
    Options
    I'm going to be 53 in May. I started on mfp November 2011 and lost 38 lbs by June 2011. I slacked off from June 2011 until December 27, 2011. From the time I stopped I never went on the scale. I had everything I learned from this site in my head which I continued to watch how I ate. I was going to the gym 5x a week at that time I was actively using mvp but slacked to 2x a week. After coming back on this site I finally went on the scale and only put on 6lbs which I'm working to get it off. I'm back at the gym 5x a week and want to lose another 12lbs which includes the 6 I gained. Anyone who wants to add me I'm a great motivator.
  • cathak
    cathak Posts: 13
    Options
    I'm nearly 50 !
    48 to be exact but 49 in April ... happy for you to add me
  • catcassetta
    catcassetta Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Wow! What an inspiration...great job!:bigsmile: I am looking for support & motivation, can I add you as a friend ?

Yours in better health,

Cathy
  • kangakev
    kangakev Posts: 2,430 Member
    Options
    Yeah. 53 and flabby. Lifelong fatty trying to lose it.
  • kbmnurse
    kbmnurse Posts: 2,484 Member
    Options
    Hi Karen here. 52 years old. Love this site.
  • alekam
    Options
    Hello all! I'm 58. Joined myfitnesspal.com last week and am really into it! Though I don't have alot of weight to lose...at this stage of the game...I want to keep things in control. I look forward to all of your motivations and great stories! Brenda....:happy:
  • txladybug41
    txladybug41 Posts: 105 Member
    Options
    Hi there. I'm 52 and MFP isn't new to me, but I love this site for being accountable to myself and for getting great support. Add friends to be your cheerleading section, because that is what we do, we sympathisize when you have weak moments and keep motivating you to do your best- and that way you can get the results you seek. Anyone can add me. the more the merrier. I am determined to get under 200 and stay there and then go down as far as I can in my weight by summer.. and then by Christmas. I want to be leaner and fitter this year. That's the goal. :)
  • GlassslippersAndFairyDust
    Options
    I'm in my golden years......hehehe and better than ever! :flowerforyou:
  • abirdy
    abirdy Posts: 36
    Options
    I'm afraid I am ovber 50. You can add me if you want....
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
  • lindaarose
    Options
    my husband and i have been doing this together. just was diagnosed pre diabetic. need to lose some lbs
  • bluebird321
    bluebird321 Posts: 732 Member
    Options
    Just turned 50 in december. Good luck. Keep logging and you will be fine.
  • brechingirl
    brechingirl Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    Hi I'm 52. I have been on here for 1 month and have lost 11lbs. Friend me
  • sae1316
    sae1316 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Hi, Patty! I'm 52 and have been using MFP for about a year. I have lost about 30 pounds in the process. I would love to be your friend, I will add you :smile: