Any breakfast cereal recommendations?

Options

Replies

• hperowl
    hperowl Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    Kashi go lean is good. High in protein, fiber, potassium.

Kashi is my favorite choice with Multi-Grain Cheerios a close second.
  • robin820
    robin820 Posts: 150 Member
    Options
    Multgrain cheerioes are awesome, mmm!
  • myltlisa24
    myltlisa24 Posts: 242 Member
    Options

I also eat Kashi Go Lean, keeps me full and satsified....But I also have spinach and egg white omelet with it :)
  • WhitneyAnnabelle
    WhitneyAnnabelle Posts: 724 Member
    Options
    I just bought Kashi's organic Indigo Morning. It's 100 calories a serving, and I think it's really great. It's a bit pricey, though.
  • xaniza
    xaniza Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    I really like Kashi Go Lean Crunch too, sometimes I put some cinnamon on it :)
  • signgrrrl
    signgrrrl Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Total raisin bran...packed with vitimins and nutrients and comparitivly lower in calories than most for what you get.
  • McKristy
    Options
    Nature's Path Optimum Slim. http://shop.naturespath.com/
  • tritt86
    Options
    Special K red berry is one of my favorites. 110 cals. 27 carb. 190mg sodium. Serving size is one cup.
  • delilah47
    delilah47 Posts: 1,658
    Options
    i use cheerios, rice chex, corn chex. years ago when I was a WW member, they suggested any cereal with a listing under "sugars" in the "carbohydrate" section, should be less than 8 grams per serving. i've found it's an easy way to look for cereal.
  • tinacc1
    tinacc1 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    I manage on two Shredded Wheat for breakfast; lots of fibre and no sugar. The own label types are identical to the Brand so save money as well!

My Favorite as well!
  • colochel
    colochel Posts: 263 Member
    Options
    I have multigrain cheerios with a cup of blueberries and a sprinkle of truvia pretty much every other morning! Yummm....
  • Flixie00
    Flixie00 Posts: 1,195 Member
    Options
    Porridge (oatmeal if you are American) which is a great carrier for other flavours (i.e. maple syrup, cinnemon, banana etc)
    All Bran
    Wheetabix
    Dorset Cereal
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options

This one is really good. Try the granola honey one.
  • CoryIda
    CoryIda Posts: 7,887 Member
    Options
    I developed a gluten intolerance so I can't have this anymore, but I used to *love* Kashi GoLean (the original kind). 13 grams of protein and 10 grams of fiber per serving meant that I was full and fueled for quite a while.

ETA - if you think it's too bland, try sprinkling some cinnamon on it.
  • LeenaRuns
    LeenaRuns Posts: 1,309 Member
    Options
    Multigrain Cheerios.
  • trijoe
    trijoe Posts: 729 Member
    Options
    Have you considered making your own? There are lots of good cereal recipes out there (mostly granola) where you can control what goes in to your cereal box. It can take a little time assembling ingredients and/or making it at home, but on a good note you can make huge portions of it. My 9yo daughter has a go-to granola recipe that she loves, but she likes to tweak the dried fruits in it. (Less blueberries, more mangoes.)
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I like Fiber One Cereal and Quaker High Fiber oatmeal.:love:
  • ineedhelp18
    ineedhelp18 Posts: 37 Member
    Options
    eating cheerios right now. 100cal/percup
  • zoeengland2000
    Options
    I have either weetabix (2 biscuits) & semi skimmed milk or plain oat so simple again itch semi skimmed milk no sugar! Quick & filling till about 11.30am
  • krystinaarlene
    krystinaarlene Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    I've been hooked on Cinnamon Burst Cheerios. 110 cals per cup, 125mg sodium. The best part though is the 5g fiber it has! And it's so so good, especially with a banana.

As far as special K cereals which a lot of people have recommended, they have pretty much the exact same nutritional value as coco pebbles or other cereals like that. I think Special K is a joke, tricking people into thinking the actual product will help them lose weight when its really the moderation and portion control.