Anyone over 50 on here?

Options

Replies

• patcaak
    patcaak Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    Hi Patty - My name is Pat also - I am 67 and have ben a fitness pal for about 30 days and have lost 11 pounds. I am very excited about program and find it very easy to follow. Imagine that, at my age - nothing is usually easy!! lol Feel free to friend me if you want - would enjoy the support we could give to each other.:smile:
  • bonnie163
    Options
    Hi Patty

I am 58, and fairly new to MFP as well. I love it!
  • tangocm
    Options
    Yep, 58 and counting.
  • c3js80
    c3js80 Posts: 82 Member
    Options
    55 here! Just joined a few weeks ago. Trying to maintain, drop a few and tone up. Lost 50 lbs. 2 years ago and which i would have known about MFP then.
  • stroken96
    stroken96 Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:
    Hello, my name is Sally,I will be 53 in March,I live in Oregon, I started MFP in June 2011, In Sept my body has been up/down the same 5 pounds, here is where I get the support, feel free to add me!
  • nyclady419
    Options
    Hi Patty, I'm going to be 79 in April which, I guess, makes me the oldest person on this message board. I just started the nprogram this week and like they say, it's never too late. Good luck to everyone.
  • wtnmel
    Options
    Hi .. my name is Mel. I live in the UK and am 59 (until April) and have just started using MFP again. I've been tracking my weight for quite a few years - despite running regularly the weight just keeps creeping up. So I decided it was about time I did something about it. I'm hoping to find some friends on here so feel free to add me (same goes for anyone else reading this!).
  • kitkat4141
    kitkat4141 Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP. I turn 55 next month. I have lost over 50 pounds and have been in maintenance almost one year. Working on getting super fit and strong. Feeling wonderful and.......younger! Would love to be your friend.
  • debbiemccaffrey
    Options
    Hi i turned 50 in Jan, add me as you can never have enough friends on here :)
  • sportster1955
    Options
    Hi, I just turned 56, and joined this week. I have +50 to lose, but just knowing there are other people out there doing the same thing really motivates me.
  • dubw
    dubw Posts: 429
    Options
    Hi, will be 64 in two weeks.
  • jmart53
    Options
    Hello, I'm 53 been doing MFP for a month now. Friend me. Good luck to you.
  • janfranbell
    janfranbell Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello,

I am 52 and have really been working on this for a week. Have used the program on and off for a year but now I got to get serious. Good Luck to you!
  • Butterfly3730
    Options
    51 here! Waves hand!
  • mreko2005
    Options
    Hi, I'm Helen and I'm a 58 (chronically, not emotionally , physically or mentally), and I reside in Virginia. I need all the support I can get if I'm going to meet my goal of losing 150 lbs. Started seriously measuring ounces, and counting calories, carbs, fats and proteins 8 days ago and, for my first weigh-in I had GAINED 4 pounds. Any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong?
  • semisweetchick
    semisweetchick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm 50 and a half. (wink) I'm a bit discouraged with MFP because I've been on it since last October but haven't lost a pound. Obviously the problem is ME, not the program. I'd love some MFP friends to help keep me motivated, especially on the exercise end. Thanks!

Beth
  • hankadl
    Options
    Hi, I'm Hank and I'm 57. Started the Optifast system last May and have lost over 60 lbs. I need to transition back to food and this website might help, so I thought I would give it a try. Still need to lose 20 lbs to reach my goal of 210 lbs. Hopefully I can bust through this 230 lb plateau and get to my goal.
  • semisweetchick
    semisweetchick Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Helen: Try not to get discouraged. That 4 pounds you gained came from calories you ate well before the past 8 days when you got serious. So hang in there.

Also, you have a very large goal. Do you have a plan to reward yourself for the small victories? After you lose the first 10 pounds, how will you celebrate? And what about when you reach the first 25 lost? I know, personally, I stay more motivated if I have a concrete reward to strive for. :smile:

Best wishes on your journey! You're doing all the right things.
    Beth
  • Vernswifevickie
    Vernswifevickie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    I'm 53 and new here. I'm doing Weight Watchers and I've lost 33 pounds so far. I've been sort of stuck and not so motivated for a while. I feel like seeing the calorie as well as the WW points is going to be the thing to get me going in the right direction again. I've also started running recently and have purchased a set of kettle bells and a Kettle Bell Workout DVD to start using on the days I don't run. I'd love to be friends with some women in my age group!
  • FlyByJuly
    FlyByJuly Posts: 564 Member
    Options
    53 here. Joined toward the very end of December. Used to be active and thinner, and I want that all back! Have lost 13 lbs since being here. Recently discovered (and LOVE) kettlebells! One of my goals to get back into running. I work out almost daily, giving myself a rest day about every 10 days, or sooner if needed. Friend me if you like; I'm open to new friends in my age group.