Looking like a gym horror!!!

Options

Replies

• Cait_Sidhe
    Cait_Sidhe Posts: 3,150 Member
    Options
    I'm not at the gym to look pretty. I'm there to lose the fat and keep it off. That requires sweating and hard work which leads to temporarily not looking so pretty.
  • VeggieKelli
    VeggieKelli Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    hahaha, I ALWAYS look like a gym horror (minus the red face/bangs). I literally am dripping sweat by the time I leave... but then again, I'm usually kicking my butt for at least 80 minutes running, spinning, or intense elliptically. It used to bother me because I'm a little prone to sweating a bit heavier, but now I see it as a mark of merit.

So learn to wear your sweat proudly would be my advice! Oddly enough, I get hit on more when I'm sweaty, gross and working hard, then when I used to just dilly dally about on low intensity equipment!
  • _Bob_
    _Bob_ Posts: 1,487 Member
    Options
    You don't. That's what you look like when you do it right.

yeah you're doing it right, just remember to spray off you machine and it all good
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm, I dont want to look all pretty and lovely. Its just i've been working hard to improve my fitness, but my face always looks like i havent exercised in years!!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    That means you're doing it right.
  • emmalene1984
    emmalene1984 Posts: 137 Member
    Options
    there is no way to work out hard and look cute doing it, but if you want to minimise the mess you look, plenty of deadorant and sweat absorbing clothing, one that wicks away the sweat is good. i think i have nike top or two that do that pretty well and hair pins or headband or both for the fringe, and hair tied up is always a must, my hair is only shoulder length or shorter, but i always put mine up in a bun with a million hair ties around it to keep it in place. as for the red face, nothing can stop that, but taking a towel and patting your face dry in between exercises helps keep the sweat off your face. good luck and well done you for using a gym, not that ive done a proper work out in ages but when i do, i do it in the safety of my lounge, i don't get on with gyms at all. :-( x
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Hahah I don't. No point in looking pretty when your at the gym to sweat. XD
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    When I see a woman, all sweaty and looking a mess, I'm impressed she is working out so hard. I've seen some woman who come into the gym with their hair all brushed and makeup on, and they workout to preserve the look they came in with. Not impressed at all.

I go into the gym looking a mess, waiting for the sweat to make my hair look less messy.
  • clarkmom3
    clarkmom3 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    It just shows how hard we have worked!! Let the sweat be your friend, not your enemy :smile:
  • scubachic77
    scubachic77 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    This is funny, because I had the exact same feeling today! I don't have bangs and I pull my hair back, but when I left it was sticking up everywhere and dripping with sweat! I just think to myself that if people are looking at me...then they think "WOW, she was really pushing it!"
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    ...I just think to myself that if people are looking at me...then they think "WOW, she was really pushing it!"
    EXACTLY!
  • SteveHunt113
    Options
    ... but my face always looks like i havent exercised in years!!
    Not according to your profile picture! If you have to spend a few minutes a day looking a mess, knowing that you cleanup better because of the workout you do, be happy with it! :)
  • Trinity1982
    Options
    i haven't been to the gym in about 10 years but i'm prone to a little excess sweat but i find that the more i work out, the less i sweat when i'm not! If you're single, some guys actually go for that... really... i had a bf and i still got asked on dates! it just shows you're committed and you just don't care what you look like when you want something badly enough (in a good way). we've all looked like something that's been dragged up from the rear end of a horror movie but it's a badge of honour - we survived a kick *kitten* work out!!!
  • PoeRaven
    PoeRaven Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Who cares what you look like during and after a workout? Honestly...?
  • cln714
    cln714 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    LOL!! I love when I look like that. I want people to look at me and think - wow, she really worked it!!!
  • DataBased
    DataBased Posts: 513 Member
    Options
    Just to confirm, I dont want to look all pretty and lovely. Its just i've been working hard to improve my fitness, but my face always looks like i havent exercised in years!!

I have that kind of reaction also - I think some people call it "high color" and it just means that the rush of blood that happens when your heart rate is accelerated is easier to see through your skin than other people experience. You probably have a "hot" metabolism, sleep with few covers, and need to drink more water than other people seem to.

Question - when you cry, do you get a "mottled" color to your face? I do and everybody I know who has high color does, too.

Keep hydrated and keep up the great workouts!
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    After a hard workout in the gym today, I looked at myself in the changing room mirror, and was horrified!! I had sweat everywhere, my face for bright red and my fringe (bangs) was plastered to my head. Girls - how do you stay looking at least half decent in the gym whilst working really hard???????

If you don't look like this at the end of your workout, you didn't workout. That's all I have to say. Exercise isn't about looking pretty, it's about pushing your body to its limits and then pushing a little further.
  • melbellkid
    Options
    If it makes you feel any better I have naturally curly hair...and I pull it up into a ponytail to work out-I sweat so bad my hair starts to frizz all over my head even in the ponytail-I come out looking like a lion on the top and sides with a ponytail coming out the back...trust me that its not cute-lol
  • Lydiabee_4
    Lydiabee_4 Posts: 13 Member
    Options
    I french braid my bangs back into my ponytail so I don't have to worry about them. I've tried every single type of headband imaginable but they always always always fall off when I'm running, So I learned a different method.

However, my face does get red when I workout....It used to bother me, but at this point I just shrug it off. =)
  • Nicola0000
    Nicola0000 Posts: 531 Member
    Options

I have that kind of reaction also - I think some people call it "high color" and it just means that the rush of blood that happens when your heart rate is accelerated is easier to see through your skin than other people experience. You probably have a "hot" metabolism, sleep with few covers, and need to drink more water than other people seem to.

Question - when you cry, do you get a "mottled" color to your face? I do and everybody I know who has high color does, too.

Keep hydrated and keep up the great workouts!

Well Im usually freezing with a thick blanket on (I have a throw over me now!) so dont know if thats it. It takes so long for my face to go down, even when Im changed and left the gym. I do get really over heated when exercising though, so will try to drink more water.