Looking like a gym horror!!!

Options

Replies

• saverys_gal
    saverys_gal Posts: 808 Member
    Options
    Use some sort of hair accessory to deal with the bangs...about the sweat? Not much to do other than drip and use your shirt to wipe it off. Red face? I don't wanna talk about it...I get as red as a tomato no matter what I do-let's me know I'm kicking *kitten* and taking names. Be proud of it. Own it.
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    my guy says its hot when I look like a gym horror, lol.
  • Amberelise40
    Amberelise40 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    My face turns red, too. It just happens to some people, unfortunately. I bobby pin my hair back that doesn't stay in the ponytail. I grab a gym towel for the sweat, and bring water. Otherwise, nothing you can do about the red face. :(
  • kelsully
    kelsully Posts: 1,008 Member
    Options
    I am pretty certain that I think looking a hot mess is a sign of greatness!
  • StrongandTender
    StrongandTender Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    You don't. That's what you look like when you do it right.

Yeah. That.
  • tmm01
    tmm01 Posts: 137
    Options
    Twist your bangs back and clip on sides, if headband slides off. Pull hair back into tight pony tail and wear some tinted moisturizer and waterproof mascara! Invest in some good quality workout clothing, like Lululemon or Lucy and you'll look great and burn calories!

Personally I'm there to work out. Cheap gym clothes - I really do look a sight, but I'd rather spend the money on some decent clothes when I'm at the size I want to be. Go to the gym, sweat, stink & look awful, but your goal will be that one step closer.
  • desirae500
    desirae500 Posts: 146 Member
    Options
    Don't worry about it! Actually, be proud of it! I look the same way. Of course, add the disheveled "pebbles" type pony tail on the top of my head!
  • badgerbadger1
    badgerbadger1 Posts: 954 Member
    Options
    Twist your bangs back and clip on sides, if headband slides off. Pull hair back into tight pony tail and wear some tinted moisturizer and waterproof mascara! Invest in some good quality workout clothing, like Lululemon or Lucy and you'll look great and burn calories!

I like makeup more than the average girl but there is no way in h*ll I'm wearing tinted moisturiser and mascara to a gym. You're there to work like an ox and sweat. Wearing makeup while doing this will make you look like a hot mess. Lip balm and go.
  • VegGrrl
    VegGrrl Posts: 336 Member
    Options
    ! I had sweat everywhere, my face for bright red and my fringe (bangs) was plastered to my head.

Bet if you looked in the mirror after sex you'd look the same way...if you're doing it right. :wink:

You don't look horrible, you look like you exerted yourself at the proper level for the activity (whether it's working out, or sex!). Anyone worth their salt will look at you and think likewise in the gym.
  • dad106
    dad106 Posts: 4,868 Member
    Options
    My top 3 tips:
    Bangs pinned back/Hair pulled up
    Moisture Wicking Clothing(It's all I wear!)
    Towel to wipe the sweat off( I hate to sweat when working out.. so I'm constantly wiping my face off!)

I don't look perfect coming out of the gym, but I don't look like a horror either.
  • ohpilot
    ohpilot Posts: 73 Member
    Options
    90% of the time I just say to hell with it and accept the fact that I look like a beast when I walk out of the gym.

The other 10% of the time, when I wake up feeling really low, I put on my "pretty" workout clothes and then I at least feel like a girly beast.

I find now that a headband does absolute wonders as well.
  • knittnponder
    knittnponder Posts: 1,954 Member
    Options
    I don't. I do taekwondo in a studio that's on a busy corner in my town. Two sides of our studio are nothing but windows and the blinds are kept open (free advertising!) I always look like a hot mess when we're done. Just part of the gig. I'm not there to look purty anyway so no biggie. Most of the time I go without makeup so I don't look to great to begin with. :)
  • gtwin
    gtwin Posts: 290 Member
    Options
    I usually wear a hat with a ponytail pulled through. Keeps the sweat my dripping down my face and hair out of my way. Otherwise my whole head of hair would be drenched and wet hair while I'm working out is annoying....
  • krea4
    krea4 Posts: 1,814 Member
    Options
    All of us in the gym at the same time... now that might be a gym horror.
    Don't do the gym but run the streets. Takes about 1 hour for my face to get back to normal.
    While staying with my sister last week, went for a run, on my way out she said how good I looked, upon my return she commented that now I didn't look so cool. Sisters ... luv 'em!
  • Pohudet
    Pohudet Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    That's a good question! I also seem to be sweating more than anyone else in my group classes. And my bangs do get all sweaty, and I cannot even use a headband because it makes me feel even hotter.
    But it is very important for me to look good. So I always look for flattering athletic clothes, and buy lots of them. I also put on some very minimal makeup. Nothing heavy, no foundation of course, because it would be bad to sweat through my foundation.
    And of course, at the end of the class, I feel all the endorphine, my face is sweaty and red, but it is HAPPY, so even after the minimal clean up I look better than before the class.
  • cansmith80
    Options
    Haha! I thought I was the only one with this problem. After a good spin class, I am the reddest, sweatiest chic in the room lol. I'm in pretty decent shape too. I don't care though. If I don't sweat, I don't feel like I've had a good workout.
  • jody664
    jody664 Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    I looked an absolute wreck when I left the gym today. AND I decided to stop by Walmart on my way home. I thought, "Eh, I've seen worse than this at Walmart......no one will even bat an eye at me." :laugh:
  • abbykgibson
    Options
    Don't worry about how you look. You are going to do work :) I go in there looking not so great cause I know the way I end up looking. Keep at it!
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I leave the gym a red faced, drippy sweaty stinky MESS.

I use a Gypsymama head wrap to keep my hair out of my face, but other than that?

If you're still pretty when you're done - YOU DIDN'T DO IT RIGHT!
  • cmjsarmywife
    Options
    I TOTALLY do... My face is bright red, but I'm white around my eyes, nose and mouth. Super sexy look. LOL!
    I just gave up being concerned with it. I run for an hour while some people walk for 10 minutes. Of course I'm going to be a hot sweaty mess when they look amazing! LOL
    Just to confirm, I dont want to look all pretty and lovely. Its just i've been working hard to improve my fitness, but my face always looks like i havent exercised in years!!

I have that kind of reaction also - I think some people call it "high color" and it just means that the rush of blood that happens when your heart rate is accelerated is easier to see through your skin than other people experience. You probably have a "hot" metabolism, sleep with few covers, and need to drink more water than other people seem to.

Question - when you cry, do you get a "mottled" color to your face? I do and everybody I know who has high color does, too.

Keep hydrated and keep up the great workouts!