Any other HCG users out there???

Options

Replies

• hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    and votes for how many pages this one will get too? 25? :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :grumble: :explode: :angry: :mad: :sick:
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    You know I started writing this wholeeeee explanation down here why and how and so on, but wait a minute, I dont have to explain myself to anybody, YOU do what you think is best for you , and I do what I think is best for me , case closed
  • Erika1962
    Erika1962 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    Oh no there is rachel !!!!!!!!!!!! the MFP stalker !!!!!!!!
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    You know I started writing this wholeeeee explanation down here why and how and so on, but wait a minute, I dont have to explain myself to anybody, YOU do what you think is best for you , and I do what I think is best for me , case closed

Long story short: "I didn't have a valid argument so I'm taking my ball and going home."
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    You should leave with your HCG nonsense and find a group of people as gullible and misinformed as yourself.

What you are doing is stupid and damaging. You should realize this now and stop. There is a lot of good advice and inspirational, intelligent people here. Listen to them and lose weight the healthy, right way.

Do you really intend on following HCG for your entire life? How do you plan on keeping the weight off when you're done?
  • Saruman_w
    Saruman_w Posts: 1,531 Member
    Options
    whats there to read ? 30 year old reports ? dear God in heaven I hope science has evolved since then

The FDA article I provided was from 3 months ago. The information is still quite very relevant.

The only reason people are losing weight on those drops is due mainly to the very restrictive diet that it is coupled with. If you're able to willingly starve yourself, then you should have no problem following a more balanced diet and just leave out the HCG altogether as it is nothing more than a useless placebo.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

We haven't proven the world is round in the last 30 years either. Careful not to fall off the next time you travel overseas.

hahahahahahahaha.
  • Elizabeth_C34
    Elizabeth_C34 Posts: 6,376 Member
    Options

Way to back down from your argument so you don't actually have to prove your claims. If you are going to make a claim that HCG diets are safe and that perfectly valid research done 30 years ago is junk because it's old, be prepared to support that claim with evidence. If you aren't, don't post it.
  • beach_chelle
    Options

Long story short: "I didn't have a valid argument so I'm taking my ball and going home."

Usually what happens when you poke holes in arguments not based on fact. But emotional reasons
  • livinginwoods
    livinginwoods Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    Have you updated your will recently?
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I know people who are walking time bombs (obese) and went on a very low calorie diet under a doctor's care. While on the diet they went to the doctor once a week and weekly meetings to learn how to eat better, cook, read labels, exercise, etc. Some were very successful and kept the weight off and others did not succeed.
    So give them the information and resources you know and don't slam people its not very respectful.
    Treat people as you would want to be treated!!
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would kick off anyone that gets on the message boards and tries to make people think the HCG diet works. I know people that did that diet, and guess what -- they gained back more weight than they lost! And they did it by the "rules" too. It's nothing more than a scam yo yo diet, and HCG does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help you lose weight or make it safe to eat so few calories. The Simeons guy that came up with that theory was a CRAZY QUACK DOCTOR, and it's too bad his "work" on telling people to starve like that was ever even published.

Any diet that tells you to eat less than 1,200 calories a day is dangerous. Any doctor that encourages or helps patients do the HCG diet should be turned into the state medical board for malpractice.
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    I know people who are walking time bombs (obese) and went on a very low calorie diet under a doctor's care. While on the diet they went to the doctor once a week and weekly meetings to learn how to eat better, cook, read labels, exercise, etc. Some were very successful and kept the weight off and others did not succeed.
    So give them the information and resources you know and don't slam people its not very respectful.

Yet the majority of people doing the HCG diet are not in that category and actually using some homeopathic garbage they found at Wal-Mart or GNC or some other retail store.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    Pro-HCG threads are discouraged in the main forums. This diet is unhealthy, unsustainable, and not promoted by MFP.

Like I said everyone is entilited to their opnion

It's not opinion, so much as it's hard scientific *fact*. HCG has no posiitve effect on weightloss. Three decades of scientific research support this conclusion. You will lose weight by radically constricting your calories. But this has nothing to do with the HCG. Further, very low calorie diets are generally only recommended under extreme circumstances, and when supported by a medic.

Of course if you feel your opinion weighs more heavily than several decades of scientific evidence, I guess you're free to pursue this diet. Who are we to suggest it's a bad idea? But I do hope you'll think again about it. You could very seriously damage your health.
  • Darlene4prayers
    Darlene4prayers Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I wish MFP would kick off anyone that gets on the message boards and tries to make people think the HCG diet works. I know people that did that diet, and guess what -- they gained back more weight than they lost! And they did it by the "rules" too. It's nothing more than a scam yo yo diet, and HCG does ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to help you lose weight or make it safe to eat so few calories. The Simeons guy that came up with that theory was a CRAZY QUACK DOCTOR, and it's too bad his "work" on telling people to starve like that was ever even published.

Any diet that tells you to eat less than 1,200 calories a day is dangerous. Any doctor that encourages or helps patients do the HCG diet should be turned into the state medical board for malpractice.

My mother-in-law was on a 800 caloried diet. I think it was called Optifast and you have to be under a doctor's care and go to weekly meetings at the hospital. To qualified you have to be 100 pounds overweight. This program does work just look it up.
  • leanmachinedream
    Options

And this has absolutely nothing to do with people who decide to use HCG. Any doctor who would even consider the HCG diet to be healthy and sustainable needs to have their license revoked immediately.
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Oh and the websites slandering hcg...have you looked at those dates ?? tststs..... kinda outdated huh

I'm not even sure what this means?
  • meerkat70
    Options
    I clicked on 2 of the links, one report was from 1990 the other from 1973...

Yes. That's because two or three decades ago it was convincingly demonstrated that this stuff had no better effect than placebo. This isn't rocket science. Scientists tend not to continue to flog dead horses. The stuff doesn't work. It didn't work in 73. It still doesn't work. You really think we need an up to date trial to demonstrate that the same substance that had no effect in 73 and 90 has no effect now?

I'm not sure that you understand how science works...
  • jenlb99
    jenlb99 Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I know nothing of the HCG diet, but I have had several friends and family members who have done Dr. Bernstein. It seems the same thing -- roughly 500 calories (except I want to say Bernstein was 800), no carbs, injections of some kind, etc.

Everyone lost weight FAST. All but one gained it all back even faster, plus more. The one person who DID maintain her weight loss changed her diet VERY slowly afterward, but encountered so many problems.

For starters, she had no muscle. On only 800 or so calories a day, any lean muscle mass she had was metabolized by her body. She was skinny, sure, but she looked like she had a terminal illness (she was asked if she had cancer all the time.). Muscle mass is HUGELY important for maintaining long-term health and fitness. The more lean muscle mass you have, the more calories your body burns naturally -- even while sleeping. It also LOOKS faaaaar more attractive than "terminal illness skinny."

One year of absolute starvation meant her hair was falling out, her skin was dry and cracked (not enough fat), she was lethargic all the time, etc. Basically, it was controlled anorexia. It took her over a year to put muscle back on her body, hours in the gym, watching every single thing she ate, etc.

She said she'd NEVER do something as strict and limited as Bernstein again. Had she done the healthier, albeit slower method, she would have reached her goals within that one year without suffering, without the hair loss, dizziness, etc. and without having to rebuild her body after totally screwing over her metabolism.

To each their own, but I hate to see good people set themselves up for certain failure.
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Its not entened for your whole life it is just a jump start to your diet!
    You should leave with your HCG nonsense and find a group of people as gullible and misinformed as yourself.

What you are doing is stupid and damaging. You should realize this now and stop. There is a lot of good advice and inspirational, intelligent people here. Listen to them and lose weight the healthy, right way.

Do you really intend on following HCG for your entire life? How do you plan on keeping the weight off when you're done?
This discussion has been closed.