Any other HCG users out there???

Options

Replies

• mes1119
    mes1119 Posts: 1,082 Member
    Options
    Why not do things the normal way? You know, healthy balanced diet and exercise. Something that will last once the "diet" is over. I think it is a cop out to use gimmicks like this to lose weight.

Frankly, it shows that you are lazy.
  • meerkat70
    meerkat70 Posts: 4,616 Member
    Options
    whats there to read ? 30 year old reports ? dear God in heaven I hope science has evolved since then

Well, science doesn't 'evolve' (I guess your knowledge of evolutionary theory is a bit limited too?)

And while science may have moved on, the snake oil product you so desperately want to believe in has not....
  • Nopedotjpeg
    Nopedotjpeg Posts: 1,806 Member
    Options
    Why not do things the normal way? You know, healthy balanced diet and exercise. Something that will last once the "diet" is over. I think it is a cop out to use gimmicks like this to lose weight.

Frankly, it shows that you are lazy.

More impatience than laziness I'd say.
  • Emilia6909
    Emilia6909 Posts: 309 Member
    Options
    Life's too short..... Have pudding first! :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    Its not entened for your whole life it is just a jump start to your diet!
    You should leave with your HCG nonsense and find a group of people as gullible and misinformed as yourself.

What you are doing is stupid and damaging. You should realize this now and stop. There is a lot of good advice and inspirational, intelligent people here. Listen to them and lose weight the healthy, right way.

Do you really intend on following HCG for your entire life? How do you plan on keeping the weight off when you're done?

And what exactly do you think is going to happen when up go from 500 calories to whatever? Why would you want to ever consider eating only 500 calories a day? That's a jump start on stupidity, not weight loss.
  • lovecrystaljoy
    lovecrystaljoy Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    This is not even a year of a diet!
  • leanmachinedream
    Options
    This is not even a year of a diet!

Clearly you don't care. This is your prerogative. Have fun. Let us know how successful you are, we'll be so anxious.
  • Dzuniga87
    Options
    me and 3 friends did HCG last year and I lost a ton of weight- I followed that crazy diet to a TEE. sadly, all of us gained it back plus some. I tried to do a second round but I didn't feel good the second time so I quit. You will get weight loss- you just need to be VERY careful afterwards because as soon as you start to eat something different then it all comes back.

On a different note- the HCG diet focuses on protein, fruit and veggies. This is actually a very healthy diet and you can eat the same food on it, just MORE and still lose a lot of weight. the only thing you could add in is some healthy carbs (brown rice, whole wheat toast, etc.)

If you do decide to keep with it- good luck! I know when your seeing results so quick- it's hard to be discouraged (I was going to do it no matter what!) just be very cautious and the second you don't feel well- please stop!

Good luck!!
  • ShyGirly
    Options
    I've used it before, the results were pretty impressive for me, but after using I just gained back most of the weight I lost, which sucked. Also it made my hair fall out in handfulls which was scary as hell for me, I was afriad I'd end up bald. I dont ever plan on using it again, right now a healthy diet and excercise is working for me! Hope it goes well for you though!
  • hikeout470
    hikeout470 Posts: 628 Member
    Options
    I know people who are walking time bombs (obese) and went on a very low calorie diet under a doctor's care. While on the diet they went to the doctor once a week and weekly meetings to learn how to eat better, cook, read labels, exercise, etc. Some were very successful and kept the weight off and others did not succeed.
    So give them the information and resources you know and don't slam people its not very respectful.
    Treat people as you would want to be treated!!

Yet the majority of people doing the HCG diet are not in that category and actually using some homeopathic garbage they found at Wal-Mart or GNC or some other retail store.

and why are you trashing homeopathy? which has nothing to do with pregnant ladies pee.
  • 2hungariangirls
    Options
    If you really want an answer to your question OP. Try this link.

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/content/

You will be welcomed. MFP not welcomed with HCG.

****I'm not promoting HCG, but offering a place of resource for HCG info****
  • ranman1515
    ranman1515 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    My wife and I just got off the drops and also impressed with the wt. loss, we are on the 60 day phase where we maintain our loss and can't wait to get back on the drops again. Best wishes on your journey...
  • meerkat70
    Options
    If you really want an answer to your question OP. Try this link.

http://hcgdietinfo.com/hcgdietforums/content/

You will be welcomed. MFP not welcomed with HCG.

****I'm not promoting HCG, but offering a place of resource for HCG info****

Sorry, but how is that *not* promoting this snake oil nonsense?

Seriously, you think it's helpful to direct someone to a 'resource' that you know (if you have any common sense at all) will be potentially damaging to their health?

Hey, OP, shall I save you a bit of time and pass you some hair clippers, so you can take the hair off before it falls out in clumps? And if you're really unlucky, hey you could do some permanent damage to your metabolism as a friend of mine did on this kind of ridiculous 'diet' plan? It's great. Really! Go to that nice forum and all the ostriches there will share with you how fantabulous it is to starve yourself while taking drops or shots that have been demonstrated over and over to have no impact whatsoever on weightloss....
  • meerkat70
    Options
    Hey, and it will be nifty too, cause you could probably count the hair loss as another pound gone!!!! It's genius!
  • ionamorgana
    ionamorgana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    HCG is the hormone produced while pregnant. It causes the body to use fat storage to feed a BABY. Not having said baby in the body only recirculates the fat in your body. The reason you lose weight is ONLY due to the fact that you eat 500 calories a day. In essence your body thinks you are a starving pregnant woman??!! SO not safe on many levels. This diet causes fertility issues and other reproductive health issues!! They are so dangerous the FDA has made them illegal.

http://rebeccascritchfield.wordpress.com/2009/09/16/thinking-about-hcg-diet-look-elsewhere-for-weight-loss/

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm
  • ionamorgana
    ionamorgana Posts: 30 Member
    Options
    I am pretty sure the FDA is up to date on their info.

http://www.fda.gov/ForConsumers/ConsumerUpdates/ucm281333.htm
  • gigiangelique
    gigiangelique Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Pro-HCG threads are discouraged in the main forums. This diet is unhealthy, unsustainable, and not promoted by MFP.

Like I said everyone is entilited to their opnion

I would rather hear about HCG than read some dumb thread that has nothing to do with diets or working out. HCG is a legit diet even if its not the healthy.
  • WandaVonDunajew
    WandaVonDunajew Posts: 184 Member
    Options
    I have friends who arent very active to use it that have lost 40lbs so I guess its effects are different for everyone. If it works for you go for it .....

So does crystal meth but it's not healthy either...
  • angel_north
    angel_north Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    What is odd about this angle is that if it uses the hormones in the diet if any of you have been in the motherly way remember loosing calicum in your teeth, cavities having to take more of all vitamins. Lets say you use this and you get a fast loss of weight, what then? You are not in practice to eat right, no true workout plan. What's the rush?
This discussion has been closed.