Do you ever feel like giving up?

Options
I have SO much weight to lose and sometimes I just feel like giving up, pigging out, and forgetting about it. When you feel like this, how do you keep going? What motivates you?

Replies

• carrieebg
    carrieebg Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    I can understand. It runs around in my mind everyday to just give up. This journey is so frustrating, and the weight loss tips/advise are so many and they all say something different. Blah......:(

But don't give up!!!!! After all the tears and frustration I am much happier, thinner then I was with the frustrations of carrying around extra weight.

Stick with this for you. For how amazing your body will feel as you move throughout your day!! For how great it feels to do ordinary things with little to no effort:)

I struggle every minute of each day and I do it because there is no way I want to go back to being heavy. You will find your motivational "thing", I believe in you, you can do this:) One day at a time....
  • Lona728
    Lona728 Posts: 105
    Options
    I get like this all the time. That's why this time around I made a bet with a friend of mine. First one to lose 100lbs gets a prize from the other one. And on the 1st of every month we weigh in for a mini challenge. The one who loses the most % gets a $15 Gift Card to Cato's. It has really been helping me. I put my money where my mouth is :wink:
  • jaks97
    jaks97 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I look at the small goals, the 5 lbs first, exercising for more than 10 min at a time, baby steps, drink your water and move. Something I didn't do today move. Tomorrow is another day :) take your measurments and don't trust that darn scale, I was discouraged with the scale but I took my measurements and said WHAT? but the tape doesn't lie.

Keep up the good work we are all here for you
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. It's just so hard knowing I have almost 200 pounds to lose! @Lona-- Cato is my favorite store EVER!
  • HealthyHappy120
    Options
    All the time! But I remember when I didn't care I felt so depressed. Being healthy and skinnier is for you! To make yourself happier and confident. And plus I really wanna look good in a bikini this summer. Trust me I wanna eat pizza everyday but those 5 minutes aren't worth the sadness that comes with it..
  • Elf_Princess1210
    Elf_Princess1210 Posts: 895 Member
    Options
    Quite a bit, but my friends on here give me the strength to persevere.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Yes!

Sometimes I get bogged down with how long it is taking and how far I still have to go.

Keep Pushing through. That feeling will PASS.

A year from now you will be glad that you kept trying.
  • hiker282
    hiker282 Posts: 983 Member
    Options
    You have to motivate yourself more than anything. Others can support and encourage, but determinatino ultimately comes from within. As my friend Max usually says, You have to remember all the negative emotions and associate them with being overweight and eating gross amounts of food. Then you have to think of your motivation and the good feelings that come every time you see the pounds coming off. Don't focus on how far you have to go, but focus on putting one foot in front of the other one day at a time. You can do this, but it is going to take time and a lot of effort. You can do this if you really don't want to.

Don't be consumed by the times you slip, but pick yourself up and start over. Don't wait until tomorrow to get back on track. Once you catch yourself, get back to a healthy place, go for a walk or something so you can reset your sights on the goal.
  • khambrown
    Options
    i completely understand i have lost 11lbs and you would think that this would be great motivation to stay on track, yet i find myself picking up old habits and over eating or eating just for fun, it sucks
  • yoouperh
    yoouperh Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Not sure if anyone else does this, but, I have days where I think, SO WHAT! I'm fat, I'm going to live this way because no one cares...so I think about what I would eat if I didn't care, I track it and hit complete on my diary and look at the number it tells me I would be in 5 weeks. Is that food worth it? It hasn't been yet! And I doubt it ever will be! I clear out my dairy after that and plan my day like normal! When I go to bed at night I think about the choices I made and I'm proud and sleep well! :)
  • khambrown
    Options
    this is great advice
  • lynnhuss
    Options
    :happy: Of course, everyday I want to eat all the things that I love. But, I have to keep that end result in mind.....how darn good I'm gonna look and feel in my clothes and social situations when all this weight is gone. I do wish it would come off faster and I especially get discouraged when friends are loosing 3-5 pounds per week and I am loosing 2 pounds per week, but I have to pick myself up out of that thought pattern before it gets the best of me. Keep up the good work, it will pay off for you.
  • fitforlife34
    fitforlife34 Posts: 331 Member
    Options
    191 lbs to lose? Is that more like 19? I think that could be a typo. YOu definitely don't look like you need to lose 191 lbs. heehee. I would give up too.
  • clarkeje1
    clarkeje1 Posts: 1,638 Member
    Options
    You might fall off the wagon like I have and go over on your calories 3 days in a row but guess what. Tomorrow is another opportunity to make positive choices. So you can fall off and get right back on again :)
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I'm going to be very honest....

No, I never feel that way (anymore) because I've eliminated giving up as an option. Eating healthy and living a fit life is a now a non-negotiable part of every single day for the rest of my time on this planet. YOU can do that, too. Try not to think of your choices regarding food and exercise as a means to an end, but as a lifestyle. You are now going to treat your body (and yourself) how you were always meant to be treated. What you are doing is out of self-love, and to give up would be unloving. Giving up would be an act of self-hate.

Never ever give up--you'll miss the miracle.
  • garlic7girl
    garlic7girl Posts: 2,236 Member
    Options
    Of course, when I started my journey I felt like it but I said to myself, "ok do you want to keep feeling like you are 60 and only 30 y/o??" My health and health risks were worth fighting for! I would complain, "why is it so easy for some people? They can eat whatever and not gain" But guess what?! I had to learn not to compare my body to anyone elses because my body ismine and unique to me! I have to work it for me!!!!!! What works for you may not work for me. Plus, my goals may not be the same as yours. Why making mini goals and long term goals so important! Keeps you focused and grounded. The mini goals also help you see the light...if you only make long term ones you will get discouraged and give in. Maybe focus on adding one extra serving of veggies per day...change slowly but weekly with new attitudes!
  • MenaMena
    MenaMena Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    After the 3rd week, I wasn't losing weight and didn't lose anything for about 3 weeks. I actually gained a pound even though I was being faithful to workout and staying within my calorie limits. What helped me not give up was the information and encouragement I receive on this site. The success stories and pictures are so encouraging and reassuring. The information that others share helped me to look at what I could consider changing to get things moving in the right direction.

Onward and downward!
  • saxnviolin
    saxnviolin Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    DOn't give up! We all feel that way once in awhile. You are absolutely gorgeous and you can do this!
  • beckylawrence70
    beckylawrence70 Posts: 752 Member
    Options
    In one word, NEVER, hang in there!
  • paisley2288
    paisley2288 Posts: 913 Member
    Options
    No, it's not a typo. 191 pounds. I am at 324 right now. lol not very helpful to say you'd give up too! but thanks for saying i dont look like i need to lose that much and thank you for the support everybody.