Anybody doing keto/low carb and want to be friends?

Options

Replies

• Dragongrl
    Dragongrl Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Gonna try this...

www.ketomist.com
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    I just joined myfitnesspal thanks to r/keto :)

I would love people to add me!
  • Dundreggen
    Dundreggen Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Just to add - my ticker says 23 lbs - that's because in the previous 3 months I lost 5 lbs (yes, 5 whole lbs!) on a calorie controlled low fat diet, despite working out HARD 5-6 days a week. Low carb seems to work for me.

I hear you. I took up running. Ran 3-4 times a week 5-8k Even did a 5k race. I ate 'healthy' low fat low calorie and lost almost nothing. I have lost as much cutting carbs with no added exercise in a month as I had running for 4.5 months.
  • Mikaylarae27
    Mikaylarae27 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    Keto Challenge Anyone? We could all turn our bodies from sugar burners to fat burners by 2012! What do you think?
  • hannahb0614
    hannahb0614 Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    i am trying for low carb but i find it hard to find a lot of recipes. i would love to be your buddy! maybe you can help me find food lol!
  • Dawne57
    Options
    I Just started Keto Last Saturday after reading about it and lurking r/keto on Reddit. I would love to connect with other people following the diet.
  • dennydifferent
    dennydifferent Posts: 135 Member
    Options
    I wonder about the calorie deficit thing, because my calorie intake shot up when I started induction-level carbs, and my weightloss increased. I mean going from like 1300 a day to 1800 a day and beyond. I still lose weight at around 3lb a week, sometimes more. I know I probably wouldn't if I had less to lose, but still. Lots of people saying "watch the calories", and I just haven't had to. Some days I feel sure I won't lose anything, I've eaten so much and moved so little, but I always do, waaaay more than MFP calculates I should for my calorie intake.

All I can think is that it's something to do with the fact that I've never been a yo-yo dieter. For years I just piled on the pounds and never tried to stop. Maybe that makes it easier to lose on a low carb diet even with high calorie intake. A "normal" carb, low calorie diet didn't work very well, in contrast.

I realise I sound like a show-off, I don't mean to. I'm genuinely curious about it, and if I'm honest, worried. I worry I'm doing something wrong even if everything's going fine! ;)
  • sunitha004
    Options
    I joined Myfitnesspal last week, could you please help me in low carb and low fat recipes, i am a vegetarian.
  • sunitha004
    Options
    i don't know about keto, can u join me?
  • sunitha004
    Options
    i don't know about keto, can u join me?
  • AmeChops
    AmeChops Posts: 744 Member
    Options
    Hello. I'm low carbing...always good to have some friends doing the same. Feel free to add me :-))
  • Beths8705
    Options
    Hi there I just made a low carb group on face book great recipes and amazing friends feel free to join.. its just getting started!!!!
    https://www.facebook.com/?ref=logo#!/groups/299885123379827/?notif_t=group_activity
  • RenoDaret
    Options
    please add me as a fellow keto-er
  • 54m0n6
    Options
    i also started doing keto a few days ago. plz be my friends :)
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I'm a low carb, E.S.E. primal girl!!
  • kelly81082
    kelly81082 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    I'm trying it!
  • mummyzena
    mummyzena Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    Hi, if anyone wants to add me that would be great, am doing a low carb, high fat.and loving it. Love to have more friends.x
  • Sarean
    Sarean Posts: 77
    Options
    I'm starting keto next week and would love to have some friends doing the same. Recipe ideas are also welcomed...there's only so much baked chicken a girl can take. :happy:
  • PaleoPath4Lyfe
    PaleoPath4Lyfe Posts: 3,161 Member
    Options
    Been doing keto (<20g carbs per day) for a few weeks now and I'm wondering if anyone else out there is on a similar, low carb path, looking for a buddy? I always do better with someone to hold myself accountable to.

You can add me if you want. I have gotten keto adapted now so I am able to float in and out of ketosis pretty easily now.
  • _persephone_
    _persephone_ Posts: 138 Member
    Options
    I'm going for a more Primal style of eating, and I'm dithering a bit over where my 'sweet spot' for carb consumption is (currently I've left my macro goals alone, and am experimenting)

I'd be very happy for people on this thread to add me, if you'd like...especially people with open diaries, so I can steal your food choices lol!