AB Challenge!

Options
Anyone want to join me with an ab challenge? I find my mid-section responds quickly, and it make me feel better all around in terms of feeling slimmer, better posture, better digestion, etc....

Here's a list of daily ab exercises to do in succession.... anyone up for the challenge? I just did it - it doesn't take long at all- you can do it during the tv commercials at night! :tongue:

Regular plank (hold for 30 seconds)
Side plank - right side (hold for 30 seconds)
Side plank - left side (hold for 30 seconds)
100 regular crunches
50 obliques - right
50 obliques - left
50 reverse crunches (I need to do this in two parts with a 20 second rest in between!)
50 alternating bicycles

Anyone have some to add to the list????
:flowerforyou:

Replies

• vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    Options
    Ooohh, I want to do this! My abs, however, don't respond quickly, but I want to get rid of my tire, so this will be fun. How often are we doing this, every day?

I think we should ad the leg lifts ( when you lie on your back and lift your legs up) maybe 50? My trouble areas are by sides on this bottom of my bell sticks out too :grumble:

Maybe if I do this, my abs can look like yours! :glasses:
  • megancolleen123
    Options
    I will try it! Not sure my abs will respond quickly.. but I am going to give it a shot. How long is the challenge?
  • dixon04
    dixon04 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I am up for the challenge! I am also not sure that my abs will respond quickly and will probably never look like yours, but I need to get rid of my baby belly!! Are we doing these once a day?

186055.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • 135gratitude
    135gratitude Posts: 364
    Options
    Yay! We will do GREAT! My stomach is coming along - I had two babies back to back, so in the past year, it's come a long way!

Welcome everyone!

I think we should do it once everyday - or more than once!! - (as Jillian Michaels says, unless you are lifting heavy, you can do it everyday!), but if they are really sore, take a day of rest. Let's check in with each other and see how we are doing. Shall we say we will do it for a week and see where we are? Maybe up it?

Sure, let's add 50 left lifts - the only concern with those is lower back strain, but hands flat on the floor, under your bum should help with that.

Love it!
  • dixon04
    Options
    Hey does anyone have a tip for doing the side planks, my feet always want to slip! I am usually wearing tennis shoes and on carpet, with my feet stacked and my bottom foot always wants to slip out from under me, any ideas? Also which is better for doing the crunches-flat on the floor or on an exercise ball?
  • vanimami
    Options
    Hey does anyone have a tip for doing the side planks, my feet always want to slip! I am usually wearing tennis shoes and on carpet, with my feet stacked and my bottom foot always wants to slip out from under me, any ideas? Also which is better for doing the crunches-flat on the floor or on an exercise ball?

I'm trying to think of how I do it, but somehow, I have one foot on top of the other, but I think both of my toes are touching the ground :huh: I usually dont' have that problem, it's usually my hands...
  • vanimami
    Options
    Yay! We will do GREAT! My stomach is coming along - I had two babies back to back, so in the past year, it's come a long way!

Welcome everyone!

I think we should do it once everyday - or more than once!! - (as Jillian Michaels says, unless you are lifting heavy, you can do it everyday!), but if they are really sore, take a day of rest. Let's check in with each other and see how we are doing. Shall we say we will do it for a week and see where we are? Maybe up it?

Sure, let's add 50 left lifts - the only concern with those is lower back strain, but hands flat on the floor, under your bum should help with that.

Love it!

Ok, yay! I'm printing off the plan and making sure I do them everyday. BTW, you had two kids back to back?! :noway: YOu look AMAZING! So, I had no kids, so why am I all pudgy :embarassed: there's no excuse for it now! Yes, let's do it for a week and see how we're coming along. Let's make a new thread every week. I'm going to measure myself tomorrow morning and see what kind of results I get...ooo I'm so excited, if I can get some good abs, I would be ecstatic! :bigsmile:
  • 135gratitude
    Options

I'm baffled by the feet thing.... hmmm....

Oh - ball all the way!!! While the floor stabalizes you, on the ball, all your small core muscles have to do it for you!!! I had a ball, and my son popped it, so that was that!
  • 135gratitude
    Options

Welcome everyone!

Love it!

Ok, yay! I'm printing off the plan and making sure I do them everyday. BTW, you had two kids back to back?! :noway: YOu look AMAZING! So, I had no kids, so why am I all pudgy :embarassed: there's no excuse for it now! Yes, let's do it for a week and see how we're coming along. Let's make a new thread every week. I'm going to measure myself tomorrow morning and see what kind of results I get...ooo I'm so excited, if I can get some good abs, I would be ecstatic! :bigsmile:

Oh - you WILL get great abs!

Ab work plus body fat loss, and you will be rockin!!! Oh dear lord my tummy was a MESS - cellulite, stretch marks, rolls.... it's still not back to where it was before kids, but I've lost most of my baby weight, and am using MFP to lose my last 17.

Let me know how it goes for you!
  • lynnie25
    lynnie25 Posts: 93
    Options
    i ok i did it!!!!!

100 regular crunches
    50 obliques - right
    50 obliques - left
    50 reverse crunches (I need to do this in two parts with a 20 second rest in between!)
    50 alternating bicycles

this one i had a hard time doing but i did do 20 (50 reverse crunches )
    and added on some sit up about 30 and some ab machine that has some weights..did about 30 of them..
  • vanimami
    Options
    i ok i did it!!!!!

100 regular crunches
    50 obliques - right
    50 obliques - left
    50 alternating bicycles

this one i had a hard time doing but i did do 20 (50 reverse crunches )
    and added on some sit up about 30 and some ab machine that has some weights..did about 30 of them..

WOW YOU ALREADY DID IT!? :noway: I'm going to do it when I get home. Let me know how you feel tomorrow :smile:
  • dixon04
    Options
    I did part of them over my lunch (along with 30min on the elip) I got through the planks and 50 ea of crunch and obliques and my abs are tired!!! I guess my abs are more out of shape than I thought :ohwell: I will do the rest tonight after work, hope I'm not too sore! I guess I will just have to work through it if I am!!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Awesome Lynnie and Dixon!!!!

Dixon - that is A LOT of ab work! Do the rest tonight!
  • ksproston
    ksproston Posts: 6,938 Member
    Options
    Count me in! Last night was my first night of being really serious with ab exercises. I'm getting close to my goal weight but my stomach is still a mess. Got a major wake up call on Sunday while doing a Shred workout in shorts and a sports bra. The belly does not look nice while I am in a plank pose. This challenge couldn't have come at a more opportune time for me. I'm printing off these exercises so I can do them tonight. At work right now. Thanks so much!!!!
  • 135gratitude
    Options
    Count me in! Last night was my first night of being really serious with ab exercises. I'm getting close to my goal weight but my stomach is still a mess. Got a major wake up call on Sunday while doing a Shred workout in shorts and a sports bra. The belly does not look nice while I am in a plank pose. This challenge couldn't have come at a more opportune time for me. I'm printing off these exercises so I can do them tonight. At work right now. Thanks so much!!!!

Great - good to have you join the challenge!

Hahaha - plank pose with my belly exposed would not be pretty!!!! After two kids I'm okay if I'm standing up, but on all fours... yikes! The Golden Girls used to joke about their b**bs being under their arm pits when they were in bed, and I didn't "get it" until adulthood!

Sorry..... that might have been a TMI posting above....
  • Ileanak
    Ileanak Posts: 343 Member
    Options

Hahaha - plank pose with my belly exposed would not be pretty!!!! After two kids I'm okay if I'm standing up, but on all fours... yikes! The Golden Girls used to joke about their b**bs being under their arm pits when they were in bed, and I didn't "get it" until adulthood!

LOL... mee too! No kids, but I have so much skin from weightloss, that i look like i have a udder in that position!

Count me in! I will do them after the gym tonight!

Ileana
  • gemiwing
    gemiwing Posts: 1,525 Member
    Options
    I'm in! I really need to do some ab work.

I'm not sure if I'll be able to do all that though! My legs and arms are pretty strong- but my core is like a wet dishrag.:blushing: I'll do what I can though!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    I'm in!! it's the one area that I seem to forget about but needs the MOST work. I also had 2 big babies with in 2 years so I don't know if there is any help for it but I will try!
  • Girlmom282109
    Girlmom282109 Posts: 2,643 Member
    Options
    ok So I did my first set. took about 15 minutes. Not bad. I might do another set after my softball game.
  • 135gratitude
    Options

LOL... mee too! No kids, but I have so much skin from weightloss, that i look like i have a udder in that position!

Count me in! I will do them after the gym tonight!

Ileana

Hahahaha!
    :laugh: :tongue: