My first NSV!!!! :-)

Options
My work pants that I normally wear are a size 16 (US)... I also have a size 18 which were too big that I stopped wearing about a week ago! My size 16's were a little big in the but and thigh area so I wanted to see if I could find a size 14 to fit me better. I went shopping and picked out 2 size 14 pairs of pants as well as a size 12 for the he11 of it. The size 14's fit me well and I was very haapy wuth them. Just out of curiosity, I tried on the 12's - - - - - - THEY FIT!!!! I am so happy! It's not even like I had to squeeze myself into them!!! :bigsmile:

Replies

• busyblkgirl
    busyblkgirl Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    That's an awesome NSV!!!
  • HotKanye
    HotKanye Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I think this calls for new pictures! Let's see those pants!
  • itsmaymee
    Options
    That's awesome!! Congrats!
  • ccb1030
    ccb1030 Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    Awesome!!! You're doing so well. Keep up the good work! I haven't attempted to buy new pants yet, I just keep cinching down my belt tighter (I'm cheap!). One of these days I'll have to give in and spend the $, so maybe I can follow in your ranks :)
  • crystal8208
    crystal8208 Posts: 284 Member
    Options
    Yay!!!! I'm an 18 now. A few of them fit tighter than others, but my 18's this morning were definately looser than they were. I can't wait until I can go buy new work pants. Take some pictures!!!! =D
  • MrsRobertson1005
    MrsRobertson1005 Posts: 552 Member
    Options
    What a great feeling!
  • cygnetpro
    cygnetpro Posts: 419 Member
    Options
    LOVE IT!!!
  • ajg1128
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! Keep up the good work:
  • Mera_Mera
    Options
    I'm so happy!
  • thedeegan4
    thedeegan4 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    What an awesome NSV! Congrats!!!!
  • 30yearssincebikini
    Options
    I can't wait til that happens to me. I told my husband that when I get to goal (another twenty pounds or so) I will take him to Victoria's Secret so he can help me pick out all new undies! Then of course, to a regular store for clothes. He was all for it!
  • GreekByMarriage
    GreekByMarriage Posts: 320 Member
    Options
    I'm so happy!

I love your picture!!! Gotta love StayPuft!

Thank you everyone for the encouragement! I will try to take some pictures to post!
  • Coolhand1969
    Coolhand1969 Posts: 833 Member
    Options
    Could someone let me know the definition of NSV. I've seen it referenced many times in the forums, never with it spelled out. I think I have a pretty good handle on what it means (when oneself or others notices a change in one's body size), but can't figure out for what the letters stand. It's starting to drive me crazy.... :smile: Thanks...
  • timmomo
    Options
    Yahoo! <belly bump!> . . . While we still can! Good job!
  • Jennicia
    Jennicia Posts: 479 Member
    Options
    GREAT JOB!!! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK!
  • scatgash
    scatgash Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    'Non Scale Victory' :3
  • timmomo
    Options
    I googled it and found on some obesity website that an NSV is a non-scale victory. I'd define it as a fringe-benefit to changing your lifestyle and droppin' 'em pounds!

An NSV is normally attention and remark made about a positive change in the way you look, but NSV's are everywhere. And usually catch you by surprise!
  • journeytoahealthy51
    Options
    Could someone let me know the definition of NSV. I've seen it referenced many times in the forums, never with it spelled out. I think I have a pretty good handle on what it means (when oneself or others notices a change in one's body size), but can't figure out for what the letters stand. It's starting to drive me crazy.... :smile: Thanks...
    Non Scale Victory. I wondered when I first joined, too!
  • bcsrule
    bcsrule Posts: 51 Member
    Options
    Awesome NSV, it feels so great when that happens!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!