1200 Calories...how?

Options
1235»

Replies

• MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Anyone out there on the 1200 calorie goal for the day? What are you eating? I am and I'm struggling to stay full and at 1200 cal. I'm all about the high-fiber / lots of veggies / fruits / lean protein options, but I wanted to get some new suggestions!

Feel free to peek at my diary, although I've been less than angelic the past few days!

No suggestions, it's tough. I eat healthily as it is, even when I'm not trying to lose weight or shape up my diet is a healthy one. Made switches from white bread to brown bread and white rice to brown YEARS ago. It's tough.

I count in POINTS not calories because I think in points you're rewarded for making the right choices but in calories you're not necessarily rewarded. I'm only 'small' 9 stone and small in height too and i think it's tough. I keep totting up my total at about 4.30 and realising i only have 4 points for dinner!!! i have to be really creative!
  • Karmynzahringer
    Karmynzahringer Posts: 192 Member
    Options
    I am at 1200 and my diary is open to the public. As long as I am eating healthy I do not have a problem with going over, but if I do, here and there, as long as it is not by a ton, I don't let it bother me. I look more at the weekly report and make sure it is not over, because some days I might eat less, some days a little more. Some days I seriously have a hard time eating all 1200 calories, or if I work out, I have a hard time eating my workout calories. You can look at my diary for some ideas if you like! (just ignore the two days with chocolate cake, it was my son and daughters birthday party plus one day of leftover cake eek!!!)
  • mintberry
    mintberry Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Try the "Anti Candida Diet" or something similar to it. When I did this, it was actually hard to make 1200 calories a day, and I never felt hungry. Or just cut out all grains and sugars, and starch vegetables completely.
  • torresg
    Options
    I Try to eat small meals every 2-3 hours. This allows for your not to be hungry. For example, I eat:

~oatmeal (120 cal) with two cups of water in the morning 8am
    ~a yogurt ( (120 cal) at 10AM-10:30AM
    ~3 oz chicken ( 210 cal) with 1 cup of brown rice (168 cal) at 12pm-1pm
    ~a tangerine (50cal) around 2:30pm
    ~progresso light chicken vegetable soup (140 cal) at 4pm-4:30pm
    ~home made chicken stir fry 2 cups (260) 2 cups) at 6pm-6:30pm
    ~ Fiber plus Antioxidants chewy bar dark chocolate almond (130) between 8pm-10pm (depending if I am playing sports at night)

The above totals 1198 cals. My goal is to eat food that gives me more portions for less calories. I try to eat every 2 to 3 hours so that I am never hungry. I also drink 16-20 oz of water with every meal (at the minimum 8 glasses a day). I also exercise a lot and I never go pass my 1,200 calories even if I earned more calories by exercising. On days that I plan to go out and drink, I will skip some of my snacks so that I can save some calories for drinking. I tend to drink grey goose and soda (69 cals a drink). The other thing that helps me is that I prepare all my meals the night before or 1st thing in the morning so I know exactly what I plan to eat for the day. That way I am not scrambling for food and then being force to eat whatever I come across which tends to result in eating more calories then planned.

Hope this helps...
  • jack_martha
    Options
    I've been drinking a lot of water and doing my food diary first thing in the morning rather than at the end of the day. That way I can see how I'm going to have to make changes to accomodate the calories for dinner. Sometimes I just throw up my hands and say "O gee-sum! I need to walk off some calories. That's what I'll be doing today!

I eat a lot of yogurt. For 80 calories, it seems to last pretty long. My breakfast is always the same - GoLean cerial with milk.