Looking for Moms!

Options

Replies

• ijustfollow
    Options
    My name is Jessica and I am a mother of two little princesses. I have been on my fit for about a year now...took a few months off over the holidays but now back for the long hall! I weighed 201 in December of 2010 and weighed in at 154 by August 2011 all thanks to my fit :-) I am back to loss another 20 pounds! I am looking for pals to share this weigh loss journey with, I love to share tips and tricks I use to cut calories and provide support to my pals! add me

-Jess
  • sambustem
    Options
    Hi! Welcome! I am a mom to 3 (2 girls 9 and 8 - both in competitive gymnastics) and a 16 mth old son! I work full time and go to school full time and have been on here since July. I wish I had more success, but just fall into that "mom" thing and put everyone else first. My husband is a body builder, so its always kinda depressing to be the "fat wife" - although he never says anything, I feel that way. I've pretty much come down to the only 2 times I can work out is 4:30am and 4:30pm - and let me tell you am has happened ONCE in the past 2 months :( and pm has happened about 8 times :( Used to be an avid exerciser and weight lifter (even did a half marathon a few weeks before I found out I was pg with my son), but just can't get it back together.
    Good luck to you and would love to be friends!
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    I am a mom too with 4 kids. Love them but each one of them has left me with more and more weight. Then one of my boys fell ill and all I did was eat to keep from crying. I was up to 233 when I joined. I WI this weekend at 188. I was so flipping happy when I was finally under 200 but getting under 190 felt just as nice maybe nicer since it is the smallest I have been in 5 years. I'm gonna keep going as far as I can go, working out and getting stronger. I'll be hotter at 40 than I was in high school. lol Friend me if you want. I'm always looking for more support and to help out if I can.
  • SafireBleu
    SafireBleu Posts: 881 Member
    Options
    Oh and about feeling like you are being selfish by taking the time for yourself, you are not being selfish. This benefits them as well. As you eat healthier you will set a better example for your children. They will learn from you what is healthy and that will help promote good healthy eating habits and exercise habits and a positive body image. I focus on telling my children I am getting strong and healthy not that I am trying to be skinny because those are two very different things. My 10 year old has lost 10 lbs and is now at a healthy weight. He has grown 3 inches in the last few months and is doing push ups and situps and has the makings of abs peeking through. My 3 year old does push ups with me as well and I had to buy him little one pound weights so he can do Jillian Michaels work outs with me. My DD will snack on carrots now and will say she is getting healthy because she is working out with me. My 18 yr old work out together sometimes as well. None of what you are doing is selfish. If you don't take care of yourself who will take care of them.
  • garp4
    garp4 Posts: 59 Member
    Options
    Hey there, mom to four boys here! The oldest is almost 9 and the youngest is 21 months! I am loving this site! It is such an easy way to watch what I am putting into my body!

I also am wanting to set an example for my kids. I never want them to have the struggles that I have had with my weight. I also do not want to be the fat mom. My oldest did say something to me this last fall about my belly. He told me he loved me but wondered why it was so big. Not something you want to hear from your child.

I weighed in this morning at 199! I have broken out of the 200's and will never see them again!
  • Aprill20
    Aprill20 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    I LOVE MFP! My daughter is 3.5 and my son will be 2 next month. I can't believe the amount of weight I put on. I remember being 21 and people that I looked anorexic because I was so tall (5’11) and skinny. Having 2 kids in 2 years packed on the pounds and it didn’t help that my daughter was 10.5 pounds and stretched my stomach to the max.
    I started MFP in January last year and went from 195 to 172 in 2 months. Unfortunately, I somewhere fell off the wagon and gained it all back.
    My hubby and I are giving it another go and I just finished 2 weeks of MFP and P90x and have went from 194.4 to 186.
    I think my motivation this time around is that I am turning 30 in April and I went to be able to wear “small” clothes again. I am tired of my size 16 pants and L-XL tops.
    It’s so nice to know that I am not alone!
    Good luck to all – we can do this!!!!
  • sbeisel1
    sbeisel1 Posts: 181
    Options
    Hi, I have one boy 5, very active with an imagination to fill a room and more. I got tired of being the fat wife. Im only 5"1 so extra weight really shows. after having my son I ended up on hormone BC again, was on it before pregancy no problem, the hormone caused a depression(took 3 years to figure this out) and ended up on anti depressants too. Gained 40 on top of the pregnancy weight, figured out it was the pill, got off the hormone BC, got off the anti depressants, joined a biggest loser challenge to kick start my journey, found MFP, asked for support from co-workders, friends and most importantly hubby. without asking for help I think this would be harder. The most surprising thing is the support, without it I would fail, or give up just like before, and the time before that.... I know that now if I need time to workout, I ask my hubby to help out and we have an alternating schedual, if he wants me thinner and healthy he needs to help me make time. He is happy to do so especially since the loss has started to show. Dont think of it as being selfish, there is an old saying I saw on a shirt my mom had that stuck with me. "If momma aint happy, aint nobody happy." tacky shirt but true enough.
  • kelceyjean12011
    kelceyjean12011 Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    hello. i am a mommy to a 13month old little boy :) i started about 8 1/2 months ago and have lost 64lbs. just remember , the journey wont be easy but the end result is SOOO worth it :) good luck! feel free to add
  • KMA220
    KMA220 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Momma here! I'm new to MFP but have already lost 5 lbs! So excited for this new journey. My daughter will be 1 this month and I'm excited to become a healthy mom who she can look up to! :)
  • mmsilvia
    mmsilvia Posts: 459 Member
    Options
    Hi. I am a mother of a beatiful 1 year old. I have always struggled with my wieght. I have been a member of MFP for awhile but, only log & actually eat right & exercies once in awhile. Well that all changed...I have decieded it's time to do something for me. Today marks my second week on the C25K exercise program. I am so proud of myself!! Since I have overcome my first hurdle of 'scheduling' my workouts into my busy life. Yes I literly write them in my planner. The next step is cutting out the junk food. Went grocery shopping yesterday & bought all healthy food. Made a veggie lasanga yesterday for dinner & leftovers are todays lunch.

My excuse was always I didn't have enough time being a full time working mom. But, it was just an excuse. I do have time.

My son loves fruits & veggies & I want to be a good example for him :love:
  • bobbi_jo2
    bobbi_jo2 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Hello all. I joined MFP about a month ago, and I am obsessed. It's such a great tool to help you stay on track, keep motivated, and meet lots of awesome people. I love hearing success stories and seeing people change their lives.

I have always struggled with my weight and had self-esteem issues because of it. I have a 9 month old son, and I am finally back to my pre-pregnancy weight. But I would still love to lose about 40 pounds. I have started going to the gym daily and I am already feeling SO much better. I just started Week 3 of Couch to 5K today, and I am also going to start the 30 Day shred today, hoping to tone up a little and see more results..

Would love more friends and support, so feel free to add me.
  • Sh0ewh0re7_BlingItOn
    Options
    Mommy to a 7 month old here! Joined in December to lose the rest of the baby weight...got about 3-5 lbs to go :)
    Feel free to add me

p.s. the jillian michaels workouts rock!!!
  • westdove
    westdove Posts: 174
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! As you can see, you are FAR from being alone. Its a daily walk, filled with decisions, choices, wants and desires. You are off to a great start. We look forward to hearing your progress!
  • 6mimi
    6mimi Posts: 1,439 Member
    Options
    Welcome!:flowerforyou:
    I am a mommy of two. My son is 8 and my daughter is 18. I want to lose weight to be healthy and set a good example for my children. Also, my daughter graduates from high school June 1 and I would really love to feel comfortable in my own skin while celebrating her big day. I love MFP. I think there are a lot of great people on here with the same goals. It makes this journey a lot less lonely! Best of luck to you!!
  • sunflowerjesss
    sunflowerjesss Posts: 29 Member
    Options
    Stay at home mommy to 3 here! I have a son who will be 4 in June and 10 month old twin girls.

I was on MFP last year before I got pregnant and had great success. Fell off the bandwagon when I got pregnant but I am back on and at full force!!

Good luck to all.
  • brandybea
    brandybea Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    Mom to two 17 and almost 15 year old boys.I've lost and gained this weight a few times now ready to just lose it and stay there... = )
  • michelleck23
    Options
    I have a 6 mo old daughter & 4.5 yr old daughter...im 27yrs old & looking for other mommies who have a passion for working out/eating right. So far been on here 1 week and feeling like there are crickets chirping as far as convo's go...adddd me if you are serious aboit having a partner in crime to lose the rest of baby weight!!! :)
  • bioniclemonade
    Options
    Wow you all are such an inspiration!! I just hit my first mini goal of 5 pounds down today!!!! How you all set mini goals/rewards for yourselves? Mine is a tatoo that I have been wanting to get that.

I have a mini goal that I'm hoping to hit soon - my reward will be some new nail polish and accessories for doing manicures at home for me and my daughters. Sounds simple. When I hit my goal weight my DH is going to buy me an Ipod touch - or a new dslr camera. I can't decide yet. My motivation is a week long cruise I booked for us. A second honeymoon after 16 years!
  • Motivated_Mama
    Options
    Mom of 4 here - 5, 4, 3, and 3 months. My third was sick and we struggled to find answers resulting in a serious depression for me. The day she turned 9 months, we found a heart defect and she had open heart surgery. I started 2011 weighing in at 220 (5'6" on a good day) and lost 30 pounds before getting pregnant with my 4th. I had her Thanksgiving morning and am currently at 182. I found MFP in January through some friends. I just finished C25K and week 2 of Power 90. I'm continuing with Power 90 and start One Hour Runner this week. Feel free to add me!
  • ChristineCain
    ChristineCain Posts: 76 Member
    Options
    Well HI, WELCOME, and THANK YOU to all of your inspiring words and stories. I think I have added (am trying to get everyone, if I missed you, please add me!) to my friends list. I love seeing everyone reach goals, milestones etc!

I am going to try and take a pic tonight to post as my "before" shot.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!