who works out more than once a day?

Options

Replies

• big_drake
    Options
    In an attempt to avoid the meatheads I lift 3 mornings a week before work and then I'll go in and do more cardio at night. When my schedule clears up and next month I'll probably start doing it every day.
  • fasttrack27
    Options
    When time allows (which isnt too often). But I did manage 8 workouts in 6 days last week, so 2 were obvioulsy double-days.
  • fearlessbetz
    fearlessbetz Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I usually end up doing that two days a week. I go in the morning for strength training before work, then back for cardio at night. With the work schedule it sometimes pans out that way.
  • r1ghtpath
    r1ghtpath Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    i work out twice a day sometimes. it depends on how much time i have, and energy. i tend to work out at night after everyone is in bed. though some days i'll do a turbo fire HiiT workout earlier in the day and then my bigger work out at night.

the other night, i did 2 20 HiiT work outs, a 30 min sculpt and then ab ripper x. it was just shy of 90 min. and i did that all in a row.

thus is the life of a single mom that has to be home with her kids ( and who doesn't have cable or satellite) ;-)
  • Quasita
    Quasita Posts: 1,530 Member
    Options
    I usually do at least 2 hours of cardio 4 days a week while at the office. Lately it's been 2 blocks of 60 minutes, though I've had to break it up some because my equipment at work is being stupid and noisy ;) Sometimes, after getting home, I'll do something light like dancing or yoga stretches to try and round out the effort!
  • Still_Fluffy
    Still_Fluffy Posts: 341 Member
    Options
    I work out twice a day most days. Once in the am then over luch. If I miss the am workout I try to do a P90X video at home in the evening.
  • danger_kitteh
    danger_kitteh Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    Me!

M/W/F are Extreme Shed & Shred at home, the exercises i hate doing at the gym (squats, core, lunges) and then my running training at the gym

T/TH are bootcamp in the am followed by a gym session in the afternoon to balance out what wasn't done at bootcamp (so if we did upper body at BC I do my lower body at the gym etc).
  • crb1988
    crb1988 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Sometimes if it's been a stressful day, I'll walk 4 or 5 miles when I get home, in addition to the 1 to 5 before work. It makes me feel better, and burning extra calories is nice too :)
  • Jazzyrose77
    Jazzyrose77 Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    If can I'll run in the morning and in the afternoon or evening do strength training. I wish could do 2adays everyday.
  • michellemaeb
    michellemaeb Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    I try to do Yoga or Just Dance + my ab workout in the morning since our local gym doesn't open here until 330pm and only open until 7pm...and in the evening I go to the gym and do my heavy cardio and weight lifting
  • EnEsMama
    Options
    30 minutes in the morning and 30 minutes at night. On my days off I might do an extra 30 minutes in the afternoon.
  • AmyEm3
    AmyEm3 Posts: 784 Member
    Options
    I do. I run 5-6 days a week and then do some sort of exercise dvd also. I was using a bunch of different Jillian Michaels dvds but then I started P90X a week ago.
  • sondra216379
    sondra216379 Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I do....when I have time
  • CarrieAnne22
    CarrieAnne22 Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    I do at least 3 times a week. I'm doing the 30 Day Shred, plus on M/W/Fr I do weights & a 40 minute walk with a couple of my guy friends. Then some days I'll throw in a extra walk on my own depending on how much time I have & how I'm feeling.
  • JMolina85
    Options
    Run for 2 hours after I get in from work in the morning and power lift at night for 2 hours before I go back to work. So is the life of the graveyard shift.
  • Victoria2448
    Victoria2448 Posts: 559 Member
    Options
    Not me! Totally detrimental I do one great workout....if you put your all into one intense workout then you really shouldn't have the need or energy for another. Over training is a serious thing. The only time I would advocate 'doubles" is if you are getting ready for a competition (BB,figure etc) and that is only for a short amount of time.

ETA: I use to be a 2-3 hour a day girl..and I am in better shape now with just about an hour a day. I work out smarter now...
  • gazerofthestars
    gazerofthestars Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    sometimes I do my strength training routine first thing in the morning, then cardio later in the evening. I use the next day for recovery.
  • mandiehowell79
    Options
    i would love to workout twice a day, hoping one day i will get there. i started a gym about a month ago, hitting the classes on days my husband is off to watch the kids has helped a lot. this past weekend i have tried to get my workouts in at home but didnt work out so well cause my youngest kept running past me then would grab my leg and hang on,
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Here here :drinker:
  • eolivero
    Options
    Crossfit in the AM: Mon - Wed then Fri & Sat (Thursday Off)
    Walk in the evening - 3 times a week for an hour and 3 times a week with a pack for 40 minutes (pack contains 1 lb sand for every lb I have lost). No walking on Sundays.

RAIN or SHINE.