Sixers Turning Up The Heat - Week ONE

PedalHound
PedalHound Posts: 1,625 Member
edited September 19 in Motivation and Support
Here we are ladies, a new challenge for summer. We're on day 3 of Summer 2009 and we each have the power to make it what we want. Don't look back at the last challenge or the first half of this year, look ahead. I'm AMAZED that we're more than half way through '09 already but considering how quickly the time has passed, it's a good moment to realize that we have the second half of the year to materialize what we want for yourselves when we look back on 2009. On New Year's Eve what do you want to have accomplished?? Take the time to make it happen!!! :flowerforyou:

Rhiannon SW 176 lbs / GW 170 lbs / CW 176 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
Kristin SW 000 lbs / GW 000 lbs / CW 000 lbs PROGRESS growing a baby sixer!

Add your name to the list for week one!

Please give some thought to what some challenge-specific goals of yours are other than just the weight. Do you want to try a new kind of exercise? Achieve a certain number of cals burned per week or work out a certain number of days? Maybe start the Couch to 5k program or sign up for a new sport on a local or gym for-fun team? I also encourage you to take some measurements for your own reference because we should all know by now that weight can be a real mind game!!

Good luck Sixers. Let's get back on this!

Replies

• ladyonamission
    ladyonamission Posts: 5 Member
    Hi I am new to fitnesspal message boards, I am interested in joing some the thee groups I see listed here. please let me know how I can join and I would also like to get one of those little smoker tickers. I recently quit smoking and would love to keep track of my smoke free days.
  • PedalHound
    mzjulien, you're more than welcome to join this group! We've been working together in 6-week-long challenges for many months now (a couple of us first met up in a challenge last August!) and you can just add your name to the list that has been started and enter SW (starting weight) GW (goal weight) and CW (current weight - to be updated weekly on Tuesday mornings throughout the challenge). Your goal weight should be for the 6 weeks (10% to 20% of your weight left to lose is a good guideline to start from) and we just check in with each other, post meals and workouts as we want to, take turns lifting each other back up out of the ditches! Tell us a little something about yourself and welcome to the Sixers! :flowerforyou:
  • ladyonamission
    ladyonamission Posts: 5 Member
    ok one problem, where is the list located that I sign up on?
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    gosh, gee, GOOD MORNING sixers......:drinker:

I am for one so happy to be back at this. as pedal said don't look back, so i won't. i am really glad to be moving forward. you know thinking about it. the origanl group started one year ago in july. remember kisten?

well, i have burned some major bridges this last 6 weeks and my life has been to the hot spot a time or too and now back to the bright light. i will be back later today and tell my 6 week battle of life.

Cathy SW 217.4 / GW 210 / CW PROGRESS

later sixers.....:heart:
  • kistinbee
    kistinbee Posts: 3,688 Member
    Good morning gals! And YAY FOR A NEW CHALLENGE!!!!!

Rhiannon...thanks for adding me!

ladyonamission...Welcome! And that list is this:

You just copy and paste and then add your name at the bottom of the list. You'll see as it grows! And tell us a little about yourself...your goals and your background! We'd love to get to know you!

Cathy...good morning girl! Yes...that first group! Can you believe it's been almost a year? That's crazy! I'm SO glad we've stuck together!

Well...for this challenge I am setting some goals for myself. They aren't going to be weight related. It's actually been tough for me. I have already gained much more weight than I wanted. I haven't been exercising. I've been eating too much of all those poor poor choices we love. I've very disappointed in myself. So...I woke up the other day with a new attitude and some motivation! So...I'm starting to add some exercise back in and watch the choices of food that I make. So...my challenges are going to go week by week and hopefully by the end of week six, I will feel better about myself and what I'm doing for the little being I'm growing inside of me!

So...Goals for week 1:
    1. 15-20 minutes on the elliptical each day
    2. 10-15 minutes of baby stretching each day (Tailor sitting, Kegel exercises, Squatting, and Pelvic Tilts)
    3. Watch the food choices...write down what I'm eating

So...I think these are managable goals for this week. I'm thinking that if it isn't so humid, I can go on a two mile walk instead of the elliptical, but we'll see. It looks like the humidity will be up for a while.

ANYways...I should probably get started on some work. Hope you are have a wonderful morning! Let's start this challenge right!
  • amypyr
    amypyr Posts: 660 Member
    Good morning!

Amy (amypyr) SW 152.2 lbs / GW 146 lbs / CW 152.2 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs

I didn't make my goal last 6 weeks, but I'm determined to make it this time. The pool has been open for a couple weeks now, and I just got a new swim suit in a smaller size for later in the summer. My weight goal is a pound a week, and my non-weight goal is to get back into exercising at least 30 minutes a day.
  • kistinbee
    Good goals Amy! I have confidence in you!

Now...I should REALLY get back to some work...:laugh:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Good morning ladies! I am so ready to actually be a success on one of these challenges! I feel like my energy is finally coming back! As long as I do not have to have iron infussions then I am in all the way on this one:flowerforyou:

Amy(pdxmomof2)SW 200 lbs/ GW 188 lbs / CW 200 lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0 lbs

my goal is to get on the exercise wagon. I have not been there in a long, long time due to many health issues. I feel like its all coming back into control for me.

So- exercise of some sort 5 days per week to included 1 day at least on the weekend.

Good luck ladies!
  • PedalHound
    Amy, yay! Good for you!!

Cathy, glad you're back :flowerforyou: Was it that first 20lbs in 13 weeks or whatever it was?? I can't believe it's already been almost a year either. Wild.

Kristin, those sound like great goals :drinker:

Must get going with my day!!

:bigsmile:
  • Redneckwoman
    Redneckwoman Posts: 668 Member
    Kel (redneckwoman) SW 157lbs /GW 150lbs /CW 157lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs

Hello Ladies,

Well here we go again. I am off to a bad start. I ended the last week at goal weight and now having to start at three lbs over my last goal. I am suppose to have Aunt Flo come vist tomarrow. So I know she has alot to do with this mornings weigh in.:sad: :sad: But I also made some very bad choices with food over the weekend too. As they say you play you pay. Shame on me.:grumble: The next six weeks I hope to stay on board with working out more and eating more salads and fruits. Less heavy foods. And try not to eat as many of my exercise calories. Well best of luck to each and everyone of you.:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:

Lady on a mission: Welcome aboard!

Well I guess I will get my shoes on and get out the door for my walk.

Hugs to all
    Kel:heart:
  • PedalHound
    Kel, try not to think of it as a bad start. It's just a start. Nowhere to go from here but up unless you let the other option manifest, right?? You can do this.

Lauryn, how's the new apartment??

I've decided I'm going to give myself another shot with my strategy with which I began my last challenge: To focus on my training and focus on getting the right balance of macronutrients throughout the day from the best quality foods I can manage. I'm not going to specifically count calories (because when I'm making my own food I know exactly what my calories are after a year of faithful logging!) and I'm not going to strictly adhere to replacing all my exercise calories since not logging and just going by servings, time and hunger will mean my base cals will probably be a bit higher... I want to give myself another chance at this strategy having learned from my big flop in the second part of the last challenge.
  • kistinbee
    Rhiannon...I think this strategy is good and you will see results, it just may take a while. So, let me know how things are going for you!

Kel...I agree with Pedal...this is a start...NOT a bad one! And I think you have some good goals! YOU CAN DO IT!

Amy (pdx)...glad you are back! You and I can get back to the exercise thing together! Keep my updated on the progress!

Well...time for some lunch! A big salad with lettuce greens, almond slivers, cheese crumbles, broccoli slaw, and grilled chicken! YUM! Plus a yogurt and an apple...and of course those prenatal vitamins!:happy: Well...off to it! I'll check back later!
  • Redneckwoman
    Hey THANKS GIRLS! I just got back from my 3 miles walk a bit ago. I do feel better. And yes this is a new start.:flowerforyou: I will keep it positive! It is so nice to have friends like all of you.:love::heart: :love:
  • chipper15173
    chipper15173 Posts: 3,981 Member
    warning may be long.......:smile:

yea, pedal it was 20 in 12 weeks. her hubby or someone coming home. i kept off at least 1/2 of what i lost in this year. and my year was FULL....

ok, here's were i am at today. not fully committed to being back. this is something i am going to work on this 6 weeks. my life is still not in a routine yet. hope by next week it will be.
    DH JUST got a job. he starts tomorrow. what a long 8 weeks it's been. we have not had any income, except his retirement from the navy. (enough to pay the rent and car insurance). so the last job gave him pay we didn't expect that kept us afloat until now. he didn't get any unemployment. NONE!!!:noway: long long story there. he will get a part of it for this week, since he goes to work this week. he is fighting with an appeal. we are struggling right now, but, i am sure we will be ok. like he says as long as the lights, water and roof over our head is paid, and food in the tummy we will survive. and we will....
    LOVE:heart: my new house. it's so big and roomy. sooooo much space. it stays cooler (100 degrees lately) than the other one did. i miss the shed and the fenced in yard. but, soon will have that too.
    so my life changes. new place to live, new income, no car. he will be taking our only car to work. so i am at home now. will have to rearrange my gym workouts to evening (yucky) i am so a morning person. time to live a somewhat normal life. don't know what that is. he has always worked weird hours. now it's 7:30 to 5:30 mon-fri. what, don't know those hours. i have begun sewing again and starting to see if i like scrapbook. i like sewing better. bought me a new pattern to begin.
    as for weight.....it sure came on. and DH gain at least 10-15 also. you don't go out job hunting anymore. it's all on the computer. one day i filled out 10 applications my self. if you do go in the stores they point you to a computer and fill out the app on line. so why waste the gas. we are redoing our bankruptcy. saw the lawyer today and go back next week to see if we can reduce the payments. DH new job doesn't pay as well. but, in the pest control field he has fallen in love with.

i think i got it all in. my life is not longer what it was just a few months ago. coughing on the smoke from the burning bridges. :wink: lauryn my prayers are with you. it's so rough out there in the job market. the amazing thing is (DH brought up) we didn't have a major blow up in this 8 weeks. normally we have come to blows about the whole ordeal. i was surprised i remained somewhat calm. i cried allot. it relieved the stress. i didn't pick up the cigarettes again. kept thinking of the price of them now and how much i couldn't afford them.

well, off to get a snack and watch my soap. i sure will be on here lots during the day. it won't take me long to do my daily cleaning, than i will be needing something to do. :blushing:

have a nice afternoon. later
  • kistinbee
    Cathy:flowerforyou: HUGS:flowerforyou: You have been through SO much. My thoughts and prayers are with you as you adjust to this new life. You are such a strong person that I know you will be okay. Just keep at it!:flowerforyou: And I must say...good job staying away from the smokes...I know how that battle goes and during stressful times they sure look appealing!

Well...back to some work for me! I'll BBL!
  • mam885
    mam885 Posts: 5 Member
    Can another newbie join in? I need some extra motivation to work out in this gross heat!

Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 158lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs

I'm trying to lose some of the emotional-eating pounds I've gained over the past several months. I have the added incentive of my high school reunion coming up August 15th. I would love to reach 140-145lbs by that date. Then, hopefully, I'll be able to start trying to conceive this fall and I'll have a head start on the healthy eating.
    My plan is to really watch my calorie intake. I'm pretty consistent with workouts, so I just plan to continue to do weights 3x/week, run 4-5 times per week (I'll give myself the ok to swim at the gym if this heat doesn't let up!), and of course, walk the dog at least an hour every day.
    I'm excited to have a group to hold me accountable!
    Melynda
  • kistinbee
    YAY! Of course you can join! Welcome Melynda! I'm gonna have to get used to the spelling of your name. My little sister is Melinda! Your workouts sound great! I can't wait until after pregnancy to get back into a routine similar to yours! I used to do a weight class 2 times a week, a spinning class once a week, step class 2 times a week, and then running 3-5 times a week. I SO miss that! ANYways...welcome!!!:flowerforyou:
  • Redneckwoman
    Hello Melynda and welcome aboard!!!! This is my second time around with these wonderful Ladies. I know you will really enjoy this group.

Kel:heart:
  • pdxmomof2
    pdxmomof2 Posts: 643
    Welcome Melynda! You will love this wonderful bunch of very supportive women! We have all been in a struggle lately and I think we all agree that we are ready to break the struggle and see some results. Great to have you hear too!

Cathy- you are really going through alot. These are tough time but it sounds like you have been keep afloat. Sounds like things are starting to look up! I love to sew myself and just made up my first pattern on my own for a skirt. I am wearing it as we speak. The wonderful thing is that if I do lose weight I can just alter it myself to be able to keep on wearing it! What are you sewing? Clothes? Quilts? Baby items are my favorite. I am loving this skirt making though too!

:flowerforyou:
  • amylou24
    amylou24 Posts: 365
    Melynda (mam885) SW 158lbs/GW 150lbs/CW 158lbs PROGRESS +/- 0.0lbs
    AmyLou SW 151.4/GW 147/CW 151.4 PROGRESS +/-0.0lbs.

Hey ladies!! sorry I'm so late to check in!! I will catch up on reading tomorrow. I have a dentist appointment at 7 am. tomorrow, YUCK I know!!! :heart: love ya sixers!:heart: and welcome to the newbies!!!
This discussion has been closed.