Replies

• Sixalicious
    Sixalicious Posts: 283 Member
    Options
    It's the Facebook for Fat People. (FFP)

That's what my husband calls it too. lol
  • nwkirk03
    Options
    same here i get on fb to play the games and thats about it but not til i have my exercise and my mfp out of the way in the mornings:laugh:
  • jazzykay1971
    Options
    I deleted my Facebook about 3 months ago. So sick and tired of all the negativity and complaining! I have enough if that in my day to day life, don't need it on the computer too! :tongue:
  • Dayna154
    Dayna154 Posts: 910 Member
    Options
    MFP is motivational and fun... FB is drama.. but I still have lots of good friends on FB to stay in touch with..
  • imustbegood
    imustbegood Posts: 232 Member
    Options
    Have to agree - I am hardly ever on FB now

My peeps are always asking if I am on MFP again.... definitely addictive.... I have to keep it closed if I am on the laptop otherwise I dont get anything done !!! *bit like now :P*
  • mstemen
    mstemen Posts: 111 Member
    Options
    I got tired of all the facebook BS and deleted it. MFP is way better and more motivational. No drama on MFP :happy:
  • Poetic_
    Poetic_ Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    I never did the FB thing, I only set up an account because Spotify made me. This site is pretty cool though.
  • Cycl0tr0n
    Options
    I dumped FB recently -- I just wasn't making use of it, and the upcoming interface changes sounded really annoying.

MFP, on the other hand, is here to stay. It's got the social-networking aspect that makes facebook work, only we're all here on the same mission -- that is, leading healthier lives!
  • Run4UrHealth
    Run4UrHealth Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I like MFP because we all have the same goals and on FB no one wants to hear about what you eat, your weight loss, and exercises....FB only likes drama!
  • vaderandbill
    vaderandbill Posts: 1,063 Member
    Options
    I've never had a FB. My wife says this is the same thing but I disagree...friends on here are mainly people I don't know but have the same goals that I do...I think that makes it completely different.
  • niknak0508
    niknak0508 Posts: 430 Member
    Options
    I agree!! I check MFP as soon as I wake up in the morning. It's also the last thing I look at before I go to bed. MFP is much more entertaining and it's so much more worth my time than FB. FB is filled with drama and that's not a place for me!! I have an account, but rarely use it except to play a couple games when I am bored. MFP is where I get my motivation from and 95% of my support!! :-)
    I haven't lost 105 pounds by sitting on FB all day........I lost it by getting my *kitten* up and workingout/counting calories w/ my good pals on MFP!!!
  • Gioooo
    Gioooo Posts: 301 Member
    Options
    I deleted my facebook because it does nothing but cause procrastination and problems in relationships. So much happier without it. I love MFP because it actually has useful information and alot of motivated people with the same goals.
  • Moonpiesky05
    Options
    The only good thing about Facebook is my family can all share pictures even though we live far apart. I don't know if people don't realize how annoying they are being or what but I'm fairly sick of the drama on there. Thank goodness you can unsubscribe from people now without the awkward "Why did you delete me?" conversation, because I don't care to listen to people who never have a positive thing to say!

I'm still new to MFP but I love the positive vibes I've seen so far!
  • yesthistime
    yesthistime Posts: 2,051 Member
    Options
    Well, for me at least.
    Facebook used to be the 1st thing I looked at every morning. Not any more!!!
    MFP has taken it's place!
    I feel so much more motivated to get up off my butt!!
    :happy:

Yes! I get to work and log on ASAP. Love this site :heart:
  • roadtripper8
    Options

:laugh: Exactly!
  • tsherm3850
    tsherm3850 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    I'm right there with everyone else. I visit Facebook but I live on this site.
  • l2rell
    l2rell Posts: 88
    Options
    I agree MFP is my new Facebook I'm soo hooked I love it so motivating
  • molissep
    molissep Posts: 452 Member
    Options
    i spend way more time on mfp than fb...there are more interesting things going on in the mfp world :laugh:
  • shelby623
    shelby623 Posts: 55 Member
    Options

Lol! I agree, I actually like my MFP friends better than my FB friends. I don't feel like I'm being judged on this site.
  • rayleansout
    Options
    My teenage son calls it Fat Face, LOL!