Who does #2 work for?

Options
I know I'm not the only one with this issure, and, I'm sure others have had this issue as well.

With my change in caloric intake and eating fewer processed foods, I have, well, stopped being regular. To put it more bluntly, I can barely ever do a #2. It's almost like I barely go over a 6-10 day period and then have a violent episode.

I used to be super regular. When I ate, I was ready to go 15 minutes later.. It was simple. Now, not so much. The worst part is, I feel like I need to go. Not ALL the time, but, like right now, when I woke up. I'll sit down, and, it's either bumpkiss or very little.

What to do? Anyone hit this wall and find a solution? I drink plenty of water, veggies, fruit... In fact, more over everything I should before I had this problem...

Replies

• Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    Go for a run! (Seriously)
  • jomo1113
    jomo1113 Posts: 17 Member
    Options
    I had a similar problem early last year, before I was dieting. I made an effort to eat a Fiber One bar every morning. Now I'm as right as the mail. It's 35% of your daily fiber intake, and that really gets things moving. If I don't eat one, by later in the evening I feel bloated and have to force myself to go.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Options
    Do you drink coffee? If not, try a cup or two in the mornings.
    Or up your fiber?

Are you eating a lot of carbs, they can bind you up. Also, if you're not getting enough water that will make it more difficult. Shoot for 10+ 8oz glasses a day.

Good luck!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Options
    Coffee works for me. But you'd think eating cleaner, more fruit/veggies etc, you'd be more regular not less?
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    oh heck yeah!!! My doctor said "that's weird" normally when you start eating better you before more regular. I told her NOPE :cry: obviously my body does not like the change...
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Options
    Absolutely! Works like a charm.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 125 Member
    Options

^^ this^^

as long as I am eating right...when I work out, it gets mOVING. LOL
  • novelty79
    novelty79 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Coffee! I have been mixing a slim fast shake, coffee, and ice for breakfast every morning and it is doing the trick.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Options
    Running/walking. Every single time.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    Options
    For me, a swim.

Every.

Damn.

Time.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    Options
    Yogurt helps me - I eat it at least 2-3 times a day.
  • grumpy2day
    Options
    Sudden changes in diet, especially an increase in fiber can bind you up. Try drinking some prune juice to help loosen things up a bit but don't over do it.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    Try more fiber dense food like spinach, broccoli, raisins, oatmeal, stuff like that
  • duetwithjosh
    Options
    I've found a combination of lots of water throughout the day, a breakfast cereal consisting of uncooked rolled oats, and lots of bulky, fibrous greens (e.g. kale, lettuce) to work quite nicely with my digestive system. :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    I was going to say fibre, but judging by your diary you seem to be getting enough.

Some foods I've heard help are, apples and coffee. I heard that you have one of those in the morning and you should be ok :) Never tried it, I can't stand coffee, and prefer veg over fruit.

For me, porridge works wonders. Pretty much every day that I have porridge or weetabix (esp. porridge) with a protein shake in morning, I'm good to go within half an hour. Any other cereal and I don't need to at all.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member
    Options

Yep.
  • frogger581
    Options
    No you arent the only one with this problem. I'm actually talking to my doctor in 2 weeks about it. i drink coffee daily (addict!) and i get about 5+ glasses of water a day, depending on how busy i am. Ive even tried over the counter "overnight relief" stuff but overnight takes twice as long so instead of waking up and going, im at my job having a serious camping session in the ladies... if anyone knows any other remedies please help!!!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think it depends on the person what KIND of fiber will do it. If vegetables and fruits aren't doing the trick try the Fiber One bars like someone said. Also a bowl of oatmeal, or raisins/prunes/dried fruits. My kid (one of them) has to drink prune juice. Sometimes a kiwi or two will do the trick. I have a friend who says for them it's leafy greens. So maybe you just haven't discovered your "thing" yet.
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Options
    Gonna be different and Say up your water intake. Higher fibre diet also means that you need more water to help move it all through. :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    Options
    I suffer from severe constipation (sure everyone wants to know that.) I have since I was a baby, the only things that I have found that work wonders and work everytime are boiled cabbage, instant coffee (regular coffee does nothing for me), and going for a run/walk.