Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Who does #2 work for?

I know I'm not the only one with this issure, and, I'm sure others have had this issue as well.

With my change in caloric intake and eating fewer processed foods, I have, well, stopped being regular. To put it more bluntly, I can barely ever do a #2. It's almost like I barely go over a 6-10 day period and then have a violent episode.

I used to be super regular. When I ate, I was ready to go 15 minutes later.. It was simple. Now, not so much. The worst part is, I feel like I need to go. Not ALL the time, but, like right now, when I woke up. I'll sit down, and, it's either bumpkiss or very little.

What to do? Anyone hit this wall and find a solution? I drink plenty of water, veggies, fruit... In fact, more over everything I should before I had this problem...

Replies

• Meggy247
    Meggy247 Posts: 75 Member
    Go for a run! (Seriously)
  • jomo1113
    jomo1113 Posts: 17 Member
    I had a similar problem early last year, before I was dieting. I made an effort to eat a Fiber One bar every morning. Now I'm as right as the mail. It's 35% of your daily fiber intake, and that really gets things moving. If I don't eat one, by later in the evening I feel bloated and have to force myself to go.
  • pmich08
    pmich08 Posts: 193
    Do you drink coffee? If not, try a cup or two in the mornings.
    Or up your fiber?

Are you eating a lot of carbs, they can bind you up. Also, if you're not getting enough water that will make it more difficult. Shoot for 10+ 8oz glasses a day.

Good luck!
  • dollipop
    dollipop Posts: 379 Member
    Coffee works for me. But you'd think eating cleaner, more fruit/veggies etc, you'd be more regular not less?
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    oh heck yeah!!! My doctor said "that's weird" normally when you start eating better you before more regular. I told her NOPE :cry: obviously my body does not like the change...
  • Chagama
    Chagama Posts: 543 Member
    Absolutely! Works like a charm.
  • tmfpartyof4
    tmfpartyof4 Posts: 124 Member

^^ this^^

as long as I am eating right...when I work out, it gets mOVING. LOL
  • novelty79
    novelty79 Posts: 11 Member
    Coffee! I have been mixing a slim fast shake, coffee, and ice for breakfast every morning and it is doing the trick.
  • RockaholicMama
    RockaholicMama Posts: 786 Member
    Running/walking. Every single time.
  • hearthemelody
    hearthemelody Posts: 1,025 Member
    For me, a swim.

Every.

Damn.

Time.
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Yogurt helps me - I eat it at least 2-3 times a day.
  • grumpy2day
    grumpy2day Posts: 198 Member
    Sudden changes in diet, especially an increase in fiber can bind you up. Try drinking some prune juice to help loosen things up a bit but don't over do it.
  • alexbelly
    alexbelly Posts: 277 Member
    Try more fiber dense food like spinach, broccoli, raisins, oatmeal, stuff like that
  • I've found a combination of lots of water throughout the day, a breakfast cereal consisting of uncooked rolled oats, and lots of bulky, fibrous greens (e.g. kale, lettuce) to work quite nicely with my digestive system. :)
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    I was going to say fibre, but judging by your diary you seem to be getting enough.

Some foods I've heard help are, apples and coffee. I heard that you have one of those in the morning and you should be ok :) Never tried it, I can't stand coffee, and prefer veg over fruit.

For me, porridge works wonders. Pretty much every day that I have porridge or weetabix (esp. porridge) with a protein shake in morning, I'm good to go within half an hour. Any other cereal and I don't need to at all.
  • Rebeccasluckyduck
    Rebeccasluckyduck Posts: 168 Member

Yep.
  • No you arent the only one with this problem. I'm actually talking to my doctor in 2 weeks about it. i drink coffee daily (addict!) and i get about 5+ glasses of water a day, depending on how busy i am. Ive even tried over the counter "overnight relief" stuff but overnight takes twice as long so instead of waking up and going, im at my job having a serious camping session in the ladies... if anyone knows any other remedies please help!!!
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Sometimes I think it depends on the person what KIND of fiber will do it. If vegetables and fruits aren't doing the trick try the Fiber One bars like someone said. Also a bowl of oatmeal, or raisins/prunes/dried fruits. My kid (one of them) has to drink prune juice. Sometimes a kiwi or two will do the trick. I have a friend who says for them it's leafy greens. So maybe you just haven't discovered your "thing" yet.
  • prettybub
    prettybub Posts: 54 Member
    Gonna be different and Say up your water intake. Higher fibre diet also means that you need more water to help move it all through. :)
  • Pocket_Pixi
    Pocket_Pixi Posts: 1,167 Member
    I suffer from severe constipation (sure everyone wants to know that.) I have since I was a baby, the only things that I have found that work wonders and work everytime are boiled cabbage, instant coffee (regular coffee does nothing for me), and going for a run/walk.