Who does #2 work for?

Options

Replies

• lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    Also tomato sauce-y stuff would be worth a try.
  • bobbieblouin
    bobbieblouin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    coffee, a slimfast, and an apple. I have each of those pratically every day and I've never been more regular in my life!
  • robot_potato
    robot_potato Posts: 1,535 Member
    Options
    I go once a day. I watch my fiber intake and as long as I am close to my number have no issue in that department.
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    Fiber for sure!
  • Juneaux12
    Juneaux12 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    Great Austin Powers reference!!!

I take these pills called Wheat Grass Juice pills. 2 a day. Works to even me out. Good luck!
  • Tree72
    Tree72 Posts: 942 Member
    Options
    I had this issue when I went on a very low fat diet. I had to switch it up and now have about 25% of my calories from fat each day. No more pain, and totally back to being regular now.

FWIW, I'm also less cranky. Same number of calories, just distributed differently across the macros. Your body may simply like a different combination than what you are currently consuming.
  • Katy285
    Options
    How do you force yourself to go??
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Yeah, that's right! You show that turd who's boss!
  • pucenavel
    pucenavel Posts: 972 Member
    Options
    I had the same problem. Since I was only eating 1200/day (plus eating back exercise), my body was absorbing everything (at least that's my explanation). Since hitting goal and going back to normal eating, I'm back to normal.

Oh, and I took Metamucil every day, drank coffee, ran and did a whole bunch of these recommendations. If nothing is 'making the full trip' because it's being absorbed, nothing is going to just create turds out of thin air.
  • mrsbrightside4
    Options
    More fiber, maybe try metamucil? Coffee usually gets me going...
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    I have always struggled with this some, but mine has also been much worse since eating better. I exercise, drink lots of water, veggies, I have even started fiber pills with my meals. Nothing is working for me... sigh
  • teelynn35
    teelynn35 Posts: 239 Member
    Options
    I have always had your "problem" I was lucky if I went once a week, I know your pain. I've started adding flax meal to my morning oatmeal.cream of wheat and I went to a health food store and got a supplement which has flax, oat brand & acacia in it. Also load up on fiber!! I buy whole grain bread w/ extra fiber in it, my morning oatmeal has extra fiber. I am now every day, at the least every other day, wow... feel so much better. Even your Dr will tell you to get more fiber, whether thru your foods or w/ supplements. Hope this helps you as it has helped me.
  • Nigerianebony
    Nigerianebony Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    Go for a run! (Seriously)

Yep running works. In fact, it works too well. I find it hard to train for races sometimes.
  • TeaBea
    TeaBea Posts: 14,517 Member
    Options
    Sometimes I think it depends on the person what KIND of fiber will do it. If vegetables and fruits aren't doing the trick try the Fiber One bars like someone said. Also a bowl of oatmeal, or raisins/prunes/dried fruits. My kid (one of them) has to drink prune juice. Sometimes a kiwi or two will do the trick. I have a friend who says for them it's leafy greens. So maybe you just haven't discovered your "thing" yet.

^This ....exactly!

Soluble VS. insoluble fiber ....... it's not all the same ...... and not the same for every person either. You need to find what works for you.
  • carrieo888
    carrieo888 Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    Water water and more water. Water is what keeps it all moving through the system. 30-ish grams of fiber a day, plus 8-10 cups of water, as well as a little time for your body to adjust to all the changes, and you should be right as rain.
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    Miralax ( Restoralax in Canada )

Seriously.

my REGULAR is 1x a week... this past time, it was more like 10 days.

I started adding 1 tablespoon of miralax to my afternoon coffee. It took a week, but um... I'm pretty sure I'm cleaned out now.

Or not... brb.
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    Try different types of fiber. Veggies, fruits, fiber one muffins are SUPER yummy (and go through ME quick), coffee, LOTS of water will help too - make sure your pipes are coated with water so they can flow easily ... nuts, seeds ...
  • DonPendergraft
    DonPendergraft Posts: 520 Member
    Options
    A Vegan diet will help keep you, ahem, regular. :o)
  • rammsteinsoldier
    rammsteinsoldier Posts: 1,556 Member
    Options
    Fiber One bars
  • WannabeSexyBexy
    Options
    Just looked at your diary and you've not really had a good fibre day since last Friday, that will play a big part in it. Take a look at the foods you've eaten previously that are good for fibre and try and eat more of these things. I've never been regular, common in women if all of my female friends are anything to go by, I'd say good luck, but seems a little odd haha