Am I doing something wrong?

Options
2»

Replies

• _Shelley_
    Options
    Wow, I don't know how you survive! If you want to see someone who eats all day long, take a look at my diary! :)

Having people comment on the amount of food I eat does NOT help haha.
    Sorry about that! I should be more sensitive. You'd think after 21 years of marriage I'd know better.

Haha, not you! People at my job :) I eat constantly here.
  • psuLemon
    psuLemon Posts: 38,411 MFP Moderator
    Options
    Definitely eat more. Set your goal at .5 lb per week since you only have 7 lbs to go. Also, higher calorie foods (avocado, nuts, peanut butter [yes even a spoon full or two], protien bars [musle milk espcially since it's higher in calories] or cooking all the lovely chicken in extra virgin olive oil) will all help you get to your goal. You should also aim for 50-75% of your exercise calories to properly feed your system.
  • psuLemon
    Options
    Wow, I don't know how you survive! If you want to see someone who eats all day long, take a look at my diary! :)

Having people comment on the amount of food I eat does NOT help haha.
    Sorry about that! I should be more sensitive. You'd think after 21 years of marriage I'd know better.

Haha, not you! People at my job :) I eat constantly here.

BTW, the people at my work are amazed at the amount I eat. I eat 3000 calories a day. So I feel you, lol
  • mrsgroove
    Options
    Healthy good snacks that are calorie dense can be that portioned for quick snacks. !/4 cup almonds is 170 calories with all sorts of other good nutrients. Also a tablespoon of natural peanut butter is a great quick snack. Half an avocado sprinkled with a little salt or lemon juice. String cheese is already portioned some you won't overeat. Tuna packed in olive oil seems really rich but it's awesome on whole wheat crackers. High fiber granola bars are great too. Good luck and keep communicating because everyone wants to help you get to your goal!
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    Definitely eat more. Set your goal at .5 lb per week since you only have 7 lbs to go. Also, higher calorie foods (avocado, nuts, peanut butter [yes even a spoon full or two], protien bars [musle milk espcially since it's higher in calories] or cooking all the lovely chicken in extra virgin olive oil) will all help you get to your goal. You should also aim for 50-75% of your exercise calories to properly feed your system.

Thank you.

I love hearing that I should eat more acacado and peanut butter. I had PB (the fresh ground stuff!) this morning and it was heaven.
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I notice you use protein powders. Ever consider mixing with milk instead of water? I had to go the other way around to reduce my calories.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    I notice you use protein powders. Ever consider mixing with milk instead of water? I had to go the other way around to reduce my calories.

I did both...I tried water for the first time today but I used almond milk in the past. I'm not sure which I prefer but I'm thinking almond/soy would be most beneficial.
  • kurzty1
    Options
    A friend of mine who does competetive body sculpting who used to be my size 50% BMI (ewww lol) told me to try and do your excercise in the mornings which will charge up your endorphines which obviously makes you happy and you tend to be more active when your happy etc and to change it (your routines) up every so often. If your body is too used to doing the same ol same ol its not gonna bother using your body fat as energy so your body also needs a break too
  • SteveHunt113
    SteveHunt113 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    A friend of mine who does competetive body sculpting who used to be my size 50% BMI (ewww lol) told me to try and do your excercise in the mornings which will charge up your endorphines which obviously makes you happy and you tend to be more active when your happy etc and to change it (your routines) up every so often. If your body is too used to doing the same ol same ol its not gonna bother using your body fat as energy so your body also needs a break too
    Good point on changing the workout around. My current workout has 3 week blocks. Right as you start getting good (read: your body starts to adapt), the workout changes and it becomes hard again. It was this change to my workout that really kick started things for me. Better BP, better resting heart rate, faster recovery, and needing to push harder to get my heart rate up.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    You look very lean and you dont say what your current weight/height is. You may just need to build some muscle to get the look you are after. You will need a hell of alot more calories than what you are on to build muscle. What you are doing now is counter productive to getting fitter. Have you thought about a one off training/nuitrition consultation to ensure you are getting the best results for your effort?

I grab extra calories with a snack bag that fits in my purse or pocket.

....................................................................... Calories........................Carb..............Fat ....................Protein

9 grams cacao nibs..................................... 50.................................. 4........................ 5 ................... 1

5 grams Goji berries.................................... 4...................................1 ....................... 0..................... 1

2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds....................180..................................8........................30 .....................8

1 tablespoons Sesame seeds ...................... 15................................ 0......................... 2 .................... 0

10 grams Goldenberries.............................. 16................................2..........................0...................... 0

1 Tablspoon coconut oil .............................. 130.................................... 0.......................14.................... 0

29 Almonds....................................................... 161.................................. 6.......................14..................... 6

I throw a mixture of a few of the above into a plastic bag. It fits into my pocket and I eat it with a plastic spoon. If you are really full and dont know how to cram in any more good quality calories this is how I do it. Some of the foods listed are amazingly good for you.

Other quick eating food, good for snacks.

Banana....................................................................... 105........................ 27................... 0..................1

Rice milk 250 ml ...................................................... 128..........................26................... 3..................1

Raw cacao powder 2.5 TBSpoons..........................60............................. 9................... 2................. 3

I don't eat potatos much but if I am still low I will eat sweet potato good for calories and carbs and vitamins.

Not big on boiled eggs myself but thats a quick 211 calories as well

Good luck
  • psuLemon
    Options

I did both...I tried water for the first time today but I used almond milk in the past. I'm not sure which I prefer but I'm thinking almond/soy would be most beneficial.

You can also use muscle milk (300 calories for the two scoops) or even weight gainers which are 400-500 calories. I love muscle milk and i use it everyday to help me hit my calorie mark.
  • engineman312
    engineman312 Posts: 3,450 Member
    Options
    try mixing the protein powder with 6 ounces of orange juice, a 1/4 cup of non fat yogurt, and some frozen berries.
  • _Shelley_
    Options
    You look very lean and you dont say what your current weight/height is. You may just need to build some muscle to get the look you are after. You will need a hell of alot more calories than what you are on to build muscle. What you are doing now is counter productive to getting fitter. Have you thought about a one off training/nuitrition consultation to ensure you are getting the best results for your effort?

I grab extra calories with a snack bag that fits in my purse or pocket.

....................................................................... Calories........................Carb..............Fat ....................Protein

9 grams cacao nibs..................................... 50.................................. 4........................ 5 ................... 1

5 grams Goji berries.................................... 4...................................1 ....................... 0..................... 1

2 Tablespoons Pumpkin Seeds....................180..................................8........................30 .....................8

1 tablespoons Sesame seeds ...................... 15................................ 0......................... 2 .................... 0

10 grams Goldenberries.............................. 16................................2..........................0...................... 0

1 Tablspoon coconut oil .............................. 130.................................... 0.......................14.................... 0

29 Almonds....................................................... 161.................................. 6.......................14..................... 6

I throw a mixture of a few of the above into a plastic bag. It fits into my pocket and I eat it with a plastic spoon. If you are really full and dont know how to cram in any more good quality calories this is how I do it. Some of the foods listed are amazingly good for you.

Other quick eating food, good for snacks.

Banana....................................................................... 105........................ 27................... 0..................1

Rice milk 250 ml ...................................................... 128..........................26................... 3..................1

Raw cacao powder 2.5 TBSpoons..........................60............................. 9................... 2................. 3

I don't eat potatos much but if I am still low I will eat sweet potato good for calories and carbs and vitamins.

Not big on boiled eggs myself but thats a quick 211 calories as well

Good luck

Thank you. And I apologize for just seeing this now.

I am 5'6 and currently fluctuating between 142-145. I'm focusing more on toning right now more than anything else. I know I'm gaining muscle weight since I can physically feel my muscles now without flexing them. It's a great feeling :)

I am going to start incorporating some of these things into my diet. Much thanks.