OMG I ate a piece of bacon this morning

Options

Replies

• busyPK
    busyPK Posts: 3,788 Member
    Options
    I :heart: bacon! I will never give it up and never sub turkey bacon instead. :flowerforyou:
  • purpleipod
    purpleipod Posts: 1,147 Member
    Options
    I <3 bacon.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I ate bacon at subway this morning but Me and my husband both like turkey bacon better. And he doesn't eat healthy at all! BUT . I put a tad of coconut oil in the pan. Not much but it makes a world of diffrence. A year ago I bought my bacon in 20 lb boxes. It was my biggest weakness. I would even drag it through brown sugar and sprinkle it with cinnamon, bake, and "pig" out. I was not capable of eating a serving. or three....

Oh my. That is drool-worthy.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Last November marked 20 years living in my current home. I've never, ever, had bacon in the house. (this actually came up in a conversation between my husband and daughter recently). I eat it occasionally when I'm out, but I absolutely hate the way the house smells after cooking bacon so never buy it to cook at home.
  • njmp
    njmp Posts: 277 Member
    Options
    For those of you who don't know, this was a jab at the "holy crap I ate a brownie what do I do" type posts that have been circulating. However, I do like the turn this is taking...Bacon Lovers unite!!

I buy the thick-sliced & bake it in the oven. Line a sheet pan with foil & arrange the bacon on a rack. Put it in a cold oven then crank it to 400 degrees. I'll set a timer for about 30 min then come back & start checking on it every 5 minutes until done. It gets SO nice & crispy plus it cooks very evenly...& on the off chance there are leftovers, I'll stick them in the fridge for sandwiches or salads or whatever.

Bahahahaha that is hilarious. I actually responded to that post solely for the reason that it made me laugh...
  • hdlb123
    hdlb123 Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm bacon. We had potato soup topped with extra crispy bacon and cheese the other day for dinner. And no, I didn't even bother figuring out the calories.
  • shar140
    shar140 Posts: 1,158 Member
    Options
    mmm, bacon. :heart:

I don't discriminate against bacon - turkey may not be my fave, but I'll eat it. :wink: I even tried beef bacon once! :tongue:
  • lorib75
    lorib75 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    Bacon is my valentine this year

Love this post!!!!
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I ate bacon at subway this morning but Me and my husband both like turkey bacon better. And he doesn't eat healthy at all! BUT . I put a tad of coconut oil in the pan. Not much but it makes a world of diffrence. A year ago I bought my bacon in 20 lb boxes. It was my biggest weakness. I would even drag it through brown sugar and sprinkle it with cinnamon, bake, and "pig" out. I was not capable of eating a serving. or three....
    I have goosebumps.
  • cekeys
    cekeys Posts: 397 Member
    Options
    Untitled-171.jpg
    Happy Valentine's day
  • jadedone
    jadedone Posts: 2,449 Member
    Options
    Did you know there is tasty "reduced fat" bacon. I get it at Whole Foods, Wellshire Farms. Reduced sodium and fat. No difference. It is thick cut with peppered and regular. Oh and nitrate free. 60 calories, 3 grams of fat for 2 pieces. It is awesome!
  • kerriberry74
    kerriberry74 Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    Bacon :love: ... is the only thing keeping me from being a vegetarian!!!
  • erilynbmore
    erilynbmore Posts: 42 Member
    Options
    bacon... <3
  • piccolarj
    piccolarj Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    I'll eat just about anything wrapped in bacon!! Yummy Turkey bacon is nasty and besides where's the bacon on a turkey??
  • ErinBeth7
    ErinBeth7 Posts: 1,625 Member
    Options
    Mmmmm! I'm not opposed to turkey bacon either :-)
  • oharabears
    Options
    Malley's Chocolates, a Cleveland icon, has chocolate-covered bacon in its stores right now...actually sounds quite amazing...
  • ashleynicol3
    ashleynicol3 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I've always liked turkey bacon, but not regular bacon. *hides* I know it's weird, but true!
  • ebaymommy
    ebaymommy Posts: 1,067 Member
    Options
    I love bacon!
  • Kayla165
    Kayla165 Posts: 118 Member
    Options
    Yea turkey Bacon is a waste of calories,

I second that! Amen
  • AlsDonkBoxSquat
    AlsDonkBoxSquat Posts: 6,128 Member
    Options
    and it was amazing. Thick-sliced, even. Total win.

the burning question I have is was it either 1) dipped in chocolate or 2) candied?