How should I take this MFP message?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    Just give me your routing number and checking account number and I will make sure no one tries to rip you off.

<
    helpful. :smile:

:huh: Baaahahahaha!!!! :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:
  • Hellbent_Heidi
    Hellbent_Heidi Posts: 3,669 Member
    Options
    Well, I didn't real all the responses, but willing to bet if you responded, the next step would be to ask for money... its some kind of scam trying to play on your sympathies as a mother....I hope you reported it.
  • jbescherer
    jbescherer Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Creepy!
  • miss_missa07
    Options
    Soooo is he selling shakeology? How much does he want?

Haha! This one made me laugh.. I get facebook friended often by skakeology 'sales associates'..

Someone I went to high school with is not a shakeology sales associate...she always tries to sell me it. :noway:
  • treetop57
    treetop57 Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I lost the love of my mom during the year 1994 as a result of a war that was caused through a sale over a guinea fowl.
    Ah, the Great 1994 Guinea Fowl War...so many unnecessary deaths. So tragic.

I'd never heard of it either, but apparently it really was a war and really did have many unnecessary deaths.

"The last major [Ghanaian civil] conflict, the so-called "Guinea Fowl War" of 1994, was much larger than that of 1981. It is popularly referred to as the "Guinea Fowl War" because of reports that the conflict began in a market with a fight between a Konkomba and Nanumba man over the price of a guinea fowl. This dispute precipitated violence that quickly engulfed seven northern districts, six ethnic groups and resulted in an estimated 15,000 deaths (van der Linde and Naylor 1999:27). Naturally, the roots of the dispute between these groups run deeper than a marketplace altercation. "

http://goliath.ecnext.com/coms2/gi_0199-696747/The-past-and-present-in.html
  • ThereWillBeBeautyfrompain
    Options
    This is a SCAM, not only do you need to block this person, but you need to report this to the moderator. I would also recommend that you remove the photo of you and your child, for safety right now. I am not trying to alarm you --but suggest you be extremely cautious. This is creepy in every sense of the word!!

this and i would make a new account tooo just in case i know u blocked him but nothing stops him from making an new account and putting it in a new name
  • becoming_a_new_me
    becoming_a_new_me Posts: 1,860 Member
    Options
    Poor guy just needs a mommy!! Why ya gotta be dissin the guy who lost his mommy? :tongue: :laugh:
  • KJLIII
    KJLIII Posts: 225 Member
    Options
    No, I think you should be flattered. And tell him you would LOVE to be his mommy - he just needs to send you at least $300 per week in cash or money orders. Give him a P.O. Box number to send it to, and voila! ! You have a little supplementary income for the time it takes to send your nice "mommy" emails out ! ! :laugh:
  • caretheaton
    caretheaton Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    One of my MFP friends posted a couple of days ago that she received a similar email. Definitely a scam. I would report it.
  • DeenieWeenie
    DeenieWeenie Posts: 149 Member
    Options
    No, I think you should be flattered. And tell him you would LOVE to be his mommy - he just needs to send you at least $300 per week in cash or money orders. Give him a P.O. Box number to send it to, and voila! ! You have a little supplementary income for the time it takes to send your nice "mommy" emails with ! ! :laugh:

:heart: it! LOL :laugh:
  • jenseye
    jenseye Posts: 166 Member
    Options
    Send the message to whoever the moderator is on here...this is obviously a scam/spam. If this person isn't successful with you they may move on to others on here. Also you have no idea if perhaps your computer or an email account you used has been hacked either. Be careful, take down your personal info for now and forward the message to the site moderators.
  • MissGatekeeper
    Options
    Next step:" I want to help my country but need an education, and can not afford it.." It's already implied in the first message, so that the scammer got something to build on. Please report this!
  • krazyforyou
    krazyforyou Posts: 1,428 Member
    Options
    Very creepy. I hope you reported it.
  • KatiD83
    KatiD83 Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    I get these spam emails daily, along with the ones telling me I have an african royal inheritance waiting for me in Nigeria. LoL!
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    I googled several phrases and your post is the only one that came up with that exact phrasing. That is always a good way to check for scams/spam/facts/etc. So at least he/she is original. I agree with MissGatekeeper. But it is creepier than usual...
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    Send it to Mike :grumble:

I had a creepy msg a couple of weeks ago about this 'girl' and the affair she was having with my husband:mad:
  • Frisky_CoastalNative
    Options
    Poorly written creepy scam / spam...eeewww. Make sure to report it to MFP
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I got this too. I blocked them.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    This was just plain stupid/creepy/weird. For one, I couldnt read the entire thing. Like literally it was close to impossible for me to read it. Second, why is he looking for a mommy at a fitness website...? Go look for a mommy next door or something.

I have lost my mother at a young age too and alot of times feel a void but that dont mean I message random people on the inter "be my mommy! oh and PS. ALLAH AKBUR!"

Why religion was brought up in the essay is beyond me too. Thats actually the part that kinda disturbs me. Was religion brought in to show that all these muslims are crazy stalking lunatics? or just a failed attempt to troll or what?
  • Caged_Heat
    Caged_Heat Posts: 1,031 Member
    Options
    "I get these spam emails daily, along with the ones telling me I have an african royal inheritance waiting for me in Nigeria. LoL! "

You get "be my mommy" emails every day? Hmmm.