2nd Day and already fell off....

Options
So I had a wee bit of a melt down this morning after finding out that Caribou Coffee was having a bogo for Valentine's Day. A friend and I enjoyed a very not-figure-friendly bogo drink and of course I just had to have the reduced fat banana bread that was only 300+ calories - YIKES! Of course then since I had already induldged I decided to enjoy a large amount of Tostitos bite size chips with half a can of Fritos Jalapeno Cheddar cheese dip. :( Extremely frustrated and desperately need friends for encouragement AND for inspiration. Will you share your best secret of success? Pretty PLEASE?!

Replies

• garnet1483
    garnet1483 Posts: 249 Member
    Options
    I'll send you a request! This is exactly the sort of trap I used to fall into all the time. The problem is thinking that you've already blown it for the day, might as well sink the ship. The trick is to recognize that you're making a calorie-heavy choice, and make sure it's an isolated choice. Put some thought into it, consider how it's going to affect your daily calories, and then figure out what you can do next time to work it in better. But just because you blew one meal or snack doesn't mean your whole day (or diet) is lost!
  • mlynn37
    mlynn37 Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Drink tons of water!!! and let yourself enjoy things you like but only ever so often and do so in moderation. If you deprive yourself you are much more likely to give in and then "fall off" the wagon.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,682 Member
    Options
    So I had a wee bit of a melt down this morning after finding out that Caribou Coffee was having a bogo for Valentine's Day. A friend and I enjoyed a very not-figure-friendly bogo drink and of course I just had to have the reduced fat banana bread that was only 300+ calories - YIKES! Of course then since I had already induldged I decided to enjoy a large amount of Tostitos bite size chips with half a can of Fritos Jalapeno Cheddar cheese dip. :( Extremely frustrated and desperately need friends for encouragement AND for inspiration. Will you share your best secret of success? Pretty PLEASE?!
    You haven't committed yourself yet. Till you do, then you may just keep overdoing the calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • Stasha17
    Options
    Moteration honey is the key. Always enjoy your favorite foods just dont over indulge. It would drive me crazy if I couldnt have the foods I wanted. Which is the reason I hate fad diets I always fall of the wagon with those. So enjoy yourself and stay focused.
  • giggles1973
    giggles1973 Posts: 143 Member
    Options
    You can add me :) just eat well for the rest of the week, one day won't hurt you :)
  • MB_Positif
    MB_Positif Posts: 8,897 Member
    Options
    It happens. Move on. Go deep and figure out why you REALLY want to do this (typically not just vanity reasons) and recommit.
  • thatlook
    thatlook Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    when you have a slip dont continue it for the rest of the day!! some days i really fancy a HUGE starbucks latte n have to give in!! i really LOVE starbucks i think i could live in there!! but seriously when this happens i dont write the day off as a bad one i simply adjust the rest of my day....if you struggle with days like this often deal with it one meal at a time!! :D

11795304.png
  • MandaJean83
    MandaJean83 Posts: 677 Member
    Options
    I take it one meal at a time! I have indulgent meals sometimes, but I keep them few and far between. If I crave an unhealthy snack, and I cant' shake the craving, I have 1/2 of a serving, and put it away. It's really difficult some days, but just peek at the success stories forum and you will see that it IS possible! You can do it too. It just takes commitment and dedication! :) Feel free to friend me!
  • bbbgamer
    bbbgamer Posts: 582 Member
    Options
    get right back on!
  • samiam321123
    samiam321123 Posts: 38 Member
    Options
    I read once; when you get a flat tire do you get out and flatten the other 3 or do you change the flat? Falling off the wagon is just a flat tire, it doesn't have to ruin your day.
  • whitneyann0
    whitneyann0 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    You haven't committed yourself yet. Till you do, then you may just keep overdoing the calories.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

I completely agree!!! Until I fully committed myself, I would still eat crap. And now I am 100% committed and I've lost 18 lbs since January 1st. I surround myself with everything and anything health/fitness related. :happy:
    I will send you a friend request, and hopefully I can be a support to you!
  • smcesko
    smcesko Posts: 126 Member
    Options
    The best thing to do is get right back on track and take each meal and snack at a time. I have done the same thing. Especially if I gained one week instead of loose. I was wondering if I could add some of you as friends? I am noticing that there is a lot of support here I think it would help me as well as me helping someone else??
  • sfh0wrd
    Options
    Log. Every. Single. Bite.

This isn't a game of perfection. Some days may look perfect. Some days may look like a trainwreck. Seeing the trainwreck in numbers really helps ME get back on track.

I had a pretty high calorie Saturday-- we had our Valentine's Day extravaganza early. Definitely included some red velvet cakeballs and some wine. But I logged it all. I feel zero guilt about Saturday, but to see that I used up ALL and then some of my extra saved up "exercise" calories for the week really helped me get back to normal on Sunday.

You DO need to commit to this. It doesn't do any good to say "I want to commit to this" and then not commit. It trains your brain to think that you CAN'T commit. Stick to it, and keep sticking to it.
  • runningoncinshine
    runningoncinshine Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me and when you have a chance, check out my FaceBook health and fitness page for motivation and encouragement. Don't focus on the past --- start new and fresh, we are here to support you...You CAN do ths!

Take care,
    Cindy Lou
    www.facebook.com/abetteryou2012
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    The first steps are the hardest!

Log the good, the bad and the ugly - it will pay off and get you into the habit. This journey is not all or nothing. You just have to keep trying and you are winning. The effort will be worth it.
  • taunto
    taunto Posts: 6,420 Member
    Options
    Dont worry about it, past is past. Look towards the future and start working towards it. Feel free to add me if you'd like for some support :)
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options

When you implement a new habit, it's normal to "fall off" and have some starts & stops at first. Secret is to regroup and pick yourself up and get right back on it. If you really want to make a change, you will. That's the other secret. Some people just aren't ready... either you are or you're not. It does come down to this: Which is more uncomfortable? To remain the same or to change.

Also, this: It's also normal to implement a change, drop it for a while, then come back to it when you're TRULY ready. Don't feel bad for doing this. There's no sense in struggling & making yourself miserable while you're still sitting on the fence. I joined in summer and started in earnest in winter.
  • Poohsta0
    Poohsta0 Posts: 147 Member
    Options
    Jumped off not fell off.
  • gennybunny1
    Options
    I have been there myself and it does help to not throw in the towel. One meal is not the end. Have a glass of water and make better choices for the rest of the day. You can do this and day 2 is great. You can add me if you like. I am not perfect but I keep trying.
  • Elibasia
    Elibasia Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    NICE THINKING. REALLY MAKES YOU SEE THINGS DIFFERENTLY. THANKS!!!!