Am I The Only One In The World Who Doesn't Like Bacon?

Options

Replies

• denise_earheart
    Options
    YES YOU ARE :noway:
  • whallvr
    whallvr Posts: 153 Member
    Options
    I'm not alone!!!!!
    I cannot stand bacon-not in bits, not on burgers, not anywhere near my saladI
    Ugh bacon is disgusting !!!!
  • jrich1
    jrich1 Posts: 2,408 Member
    Options
    Get the center cut bacon and its mostly meat... and YES you are the ONLY one!
  • KaleidoscopeEyes1056
    KaleidoscopeEyes1056 Posts: 2,996 Member
    Options
    I'm selective about bacon. One time, I got a craving for it at 3 am, so I ate it then. It was awesome. Other than that, though, not a huge fan, but I don't dislike it either.
  • ShannanRenae
    Options
    BACON is NASTY!!!!!!!!!!!! It shud be banned!
  • Thesis_gut
    Thesis_gut Posts: 56 Member
    Options
    I like some meat, also like some bacon - but only if it's fried really crispy. Any bacon that doesn't snap easily or can be crunched up is revolting.
  • jsherrill92
    jsherrill92 Posts: 775 Member
    Options
    dont like bacon?

thats ok.

more bacon for me.

This.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Options
    I'll have some bacon if offered. But as far as the pop culture attachment to it? It's over-rated for sure.
  • LaurasClimb
    LaurasClimb Posts: 211 Member
    Options
    Nope, you're the only one! :)

^^^
    totally what I was going to say!
  • loseweightjames
    Options
    only one, sorry
  • JennieAL
    JennieAL Posts: 1,726 Member
    Options
    You're the only one.
  • tsh0ck
    tsh0ck Posts: 1,970 Member
    Options
    there are people who don't like bacon?

(how can we be sure they aren't pod people!?)

242f59ad-8ef5-44c3-a67f-9faf9d98c6e2.jpg
  • angela_kehoe
    angela_kehoe Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I like it in a sarnie with ketchup! Otherwise I'm not fussed about it lol
  • AMIS456
    AMIS456 Posts: 34 Member
    Options
    You are not alone! I can't stand the taste or smell of bacon! The smell of cooking bacon literally makes me nauseous! But I do not like breakfast sausage either - I can eat it but I prefer canadian bacon if I am having a breakfast meat.
  • mjbrenner
    mjbrenner Posts: 222 Member
    Options
    I am totally okay with someone not sharing a love of the same foods I do, but I will argue that if you view bacon as greasy and 80% fat, you only know bacon cooked one way. Depending upon how it is cooked, bacon can be surprisingly lean while still packing a real punch of flavor.

Also, pork fat is generally easier to digest and lower in saturated fat than butter. Most of our perceptions of pork fat (lard) being unhealthy comes from early marketing attempts by the shortening industry. It is still a fat, but it's not as evil as we were raised to believe.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options
    Bacon fan here. Loves me a good BLTA!
  • WickedMouse
    WickedMouse Posts: 343 Member
    Options
    WTF.... Seriously? There are people who don't like bacon?! I feel I have woken up in the twilight zone!
  • Bella3119
    Options
    dont like bacon?

thats ok.

more bacon for me.

My thoughts EXACTLY!!!! drooooool. (but yes, i mainly stick to nasty, turkey bacon)
  • foster59803
    foster59803 Posts: 439 Member
    Options
    Okay... I love bacon: but for those of you who don't like it... this is the best bacon movie quote of all time!

Pulp Fiction
    Vincent: Want some bacon?
    Jules: No man, I don't eat pork.
    Vincent: Are you Jewish?
    Jules: Nah, I ain't Jewish, I just don't dig on swine, that's all.
    Vincent: Why not?
    Jules: Pigs are filthy animals. I don't eat filthy animals.
    Vincent: Bacon tastes gooood. Pork chops taste gooood.
    Jules: Hey, sewer rat may taste like pumpkin pie, but I'd never know 'cause I wouldn't eat the filthy motherf***er. Pigs sleep and root in s**t. That's a filthy animal. I ain't eat nothin' that ain't got sense enough to disregard its own feces.
    Vincent: How about a dog? Dogs eats its own feces.
    Jules: I don't eat dog either.
    Vincent: Yeah, but do you consider a dog to be a filthy animal?
    Jules: I wouldn't go so far as to call a dog filthy but they're definitely dirty. But, a dog's got personality. Personality goes a long way.
    Vincent: Ah, so by that rationale, if a pig had a better personality, he would cease to be a filthy animal. Is that true?
    Jules: Well we'd have to be talkin' about one charming motherf***in' pig. I mean he'd have to be ten times more charmin' than that Arnold on Green Acres, you know what I'm sayin'?

:laugh:
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    Nope I can't stand real bacon. Ugh......I actually enjoy turkey bacon.