gaining and less then 1200 a day

Options
how can i be gaining when i eat less then 1200 a day? i was 119.8 monday (which is high for melike really high ) i ate a grapefruit, three bananas, an apple, and 1/4 a cup of beans and i had gained two pounds today! what gives?

Replies

• charlesb22
    charlesb22 Posts: 110 Member
    Options
    I think you need to eat more. You can't be getting all your nutritional needs from that little food. Have a look around the diet and nutrition section and see how other people eat. I am eating well over 1200 every day and losing.
  • froeschli
    froeschli Posts: 1,292 Member
    Options
    Apart from sounding not all that healthy, what do you expect? Have a grapefruit & banana day and drop 10 lbs?
    Your body does funny stuff if you do. I mean, yeah, in the long run you'd definitely starve yourself down to the bones, literally. But a days shock treatment won't affect your weight much. You liver actually stores enough sugar to feed you up to 3 days, if you don't eat enough.

Daily fluctuations in weight are 1-3lbs anyways. Water, indigestion, it all plays a part.
  • Kelekat
    Kelekat Posts: 174 Member
    Options
    I'll give you the same advice that was given me week two of my diet.

You have to eat your 1200 calories. If you exercise and expend calories, you must eat those calories back.

You must eat real food, fruits, veggies, complex carbs, and lean protein in the right balance--MFP can help you with that.

If you don't, your body will hang on to the weight you're attempting to drop--from sheer self preservation. Your body believes that cessation of food is imminent and it will hang on to your fat stores with a vengence. You have to feed your body at least 1200 calories a day.

You may eventually lose weight by starving yourself, but you won't be healthy, and it won't be your fat stores that go first.
  • songbyrdsweet
    songbyrdsweet Posts: 5,691 Member
    Options
    Is that you in the picture? Or your goal?
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Is that you in the picture? Or your goal?
  • dancin2011
    dancin2011 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    They are right. If you eat that little then your body will store and the scale will go up. Happens to me when I don't get enough calories in. I lose weight by eating more, as crazy as that sounds.
  • elizabeth51608
    elizabeth51608 Posts: 31 Member
    Options
    I'll give you the same advice that was given me week two of my diet.

You have to eat your 1200 calories. If you exercise and expend calories, you must eat those calories back.

You must eat real food, fruits, veggies, complex carbs, and lean protein in the right balance--MFP can help you with that.

If you don't, your body will hang on to the weight you're attempting to drop--from sheer self preservation. Your body believes that cessation of food is imminent and it will hang on to your fat stores with a vengence. You have to feed your body at least 1200 calories a day.

Yes I agree. ^^^ Also even though fruit is good for you too much of fruit and fruit alone is too much sugar!! You need to get your 1200 calories from lean, clean protein, small portions of complex carbs, and veggies (and lots of green ones!)
  • reedkaus
    reedkaus Posts: 250 Member
    Options
    you're not eating enough. 1200 is the minimum amount a woman should be eating. you're putting your body in starvation mode and hurting your metabolism. a chicka gotta eat, so don't be afraid of getting some extra nutrients

good luck
  • wish21
    wish21 Posts: 602 Member
    Options
    Eat hun EAT!
    It may sound like it wouldnt work but trust me IT does!!
    I had to figure that out the hard way. I had a stalled weight for about 4 months (in the begining) because of eating 1200 cals was to little for me. So i tried 1lb a week setting the scale started to drop a lil. And then stalled again. So I changed it to 1/2 lb. That gave me 1600 but dropped it to 1500 plus I started eating 1/2 of exercise calories. I feel smaller LOL but I havent weighed yet so Im not sure, but Im working my tail off to make sure it does!
    GOOD LUCK:wink:
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    You are starving. Prepare to gain more. Please take proper care of yourself. You only have one body, and it has to last you a lifetime.
  • bethvandenberg
    bethvandenberg Posts: 1,496 Member
    Options
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Really? You weigh 119 and by your pic you're very skinny (not healthy, not curvy, not built). I think you must be a troll....
  • Sarasari
    Sarasari Posts: 139 Member
    Options
    In addition to eating more,are you drinking enough water, and sleeping enough? When I am low on any of these my weight goes up.
  • thin150
    thin150 Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    Is that you in the picture?! if that is you in the picture you should not lose any more weight
    Please eat more and actual meals... you should be eating at least 1200 calories.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    PLEASE tell me that isn't your current pic OR goal. I understand you can be that skinny and be healthy. But there is no visible muscle definition at all, and if you're eating under 1200 a day you're on your way to an ED. Eat more, maybe seek some help. Harsh, but true.
  • liroez29
    liroez29 Posts: 221
    Options
    how can i be gaining when i eat less then 1200 a day? i was 119.8 monday (which is high for melike really high ) i ate a grapefruit, three bananas, an apple, and 1/4 a cup of beans and i had gained two pounds today! what gives?

Honey, is your profile pic actually you?
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    eb6.jpg
  • allofourdreams
    allofourdreams Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    Are you ****ing kidding me? Really? You weigh 119 and by your pic you're very skinny (not healthy, not curvy, not built). I think you must be a troll....

agreed. somebody's trollin'
  • sherrirb
    sherrirb Posts: 1,714 Member
    Options
    Troll alert
  • shady1987dre
    shady1987dre Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    Troll alert

Then for this person to lose weight she should be eating at lease 10,000 calories a day!
  • blueandigo
    Options
    start-believing-in-troll-threads.jpg