1200 Daily Calorie Intake - Friend Request

Options

Replies

• Helloitsdan
    Helloitsdan Posts: 5,564 Member
    Options
    Be sure each and every one of you research the big 3.

1) TDEE
    2) BMR
    3) Body Fat%

Downloading MFP and jumping into a VLCD without knowing all the facts is like taking up tightrope walking while juggling flaming chainsaws.

Only the tightrope is your sanity and the flaming chainsaws are the actual calories you could be eating and still losing weight.

Research then jump in.

Good luck!
    =D
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    1200 here, with good variety in foods. Add me :)
  • 2youngatheart
    2youngatheart Posts: 338 Member
    Options
    Heya ladies! I'm not on a 1200 calories diet but I just want to put out there that a lot of times MFP will calculate the caloric intake wrong.

That said I'm going to save you all a little trouble and give you the tools to better calculate your own caloric intake.

1200 calories is fantastic if you are below 5 foot tall.

Most of you are probably 5'2 and above.

Check out this website: http://www.fat2fitradio.com/tools/

Do the military body fat calculator to get your Body Fat %.
    Then
    Do the BMR tool to find out how many calories you should be eating daily.

Set MFP to the new calories and adjust macros to Protein and Fat 30% Carbs 40%.
    This will foster an environment in your body for maximum fat loss with retention of lean mass.

From my experience at doing hundreds of numbers for MFP members and seeing their success I can tell you that you are not eating enough to lose proper weight and at some point in the NEAR future you will either plateau or fall off the wagon.

For instance, the past 16 sets of numbers i've ran for women 5'2-5'3 who worked out 3-5 times a week were between 1600-2200 calories per day.

So if you stick with 1200 calories a day you will lose weight...at first.

Most of it will be fat but 20%-50% of it will be muscle.

So I'm happy I stumbled across this forum and I hope I saved a bunch of you from posting a thread later down the road titled something like "I'm on 1200 calories and not losing any weight!" or "I'm eating and working out but the headaches!!!!"

Please PM me if you have any questions about this post.

The Fat to Fit tools will give you the EXACT amount of calories to eat daily.

And add me too because I can pass each one of you off to my friends list.
    Everyone on there eats a high calorie diet and they are losing fat an maintaining muscle mass.
    =D
    Hugs!
    Thank you!!
  • Demmuscles
    Demmuscles Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    Okay I have actually just upped my cals a couple hundred after reading this thread, and changed a few other things :)
  • RevKate
    RevKate Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Hi - I am also new - I've been out of town, so today is really my first day, and like you, I'm 1200 cal's. I made today work by having only a can of tuna (no mayo, etc.) for dinner. But it worked. Yay! The Bumble Bee White in water is only 150 caleries. Also my daughter told me I could have had a sweet potato - no doubt I'll do that one day soon.

Today I drove home from Las Vegas (4 hours) and so didn't get any exercise, but tomorrow I'll be back on track, and will get to eat a little more.

Good luck to you. Good luck to both of us. My goal is to loose 20#'s and get back into my size 12's.

Thanks for asking for a friend.

Kate
  • domino32
    domino32 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I am on 1200 a day have been for the last couple of weeks, I even struggle sometimes to fill the 1200 calories.
    feel free to add me
  • taurus205
    taurus205 Posts: 5 Member
    Options
    Hi I too am on 1200, please feel free to add me.:smile:
  • polegirl23
    polegirl23 Posts: 57 Member
    Options
    Another newbie on 1200, feel free to add me (I would add you but I haven't worked out to do it yet!) :)
  • 1rayhamilton
    Options
    feel free to add me!
  • JulesKilvo
    JulesKilvo Posts: 61 Member
    Options
    Hiya, im on 1200 calories. Feel free to add me I log my diary every day :-)
  • avafrisbee
    avafrisbee Posts: 234 Member
    Options
    I have been here for a week, am at a 1200 cal limit and just looking for friends to help motivate me and hopefully I can return the favor.
  • star87cc
    Options
    Hi I'm on 1200 also :) Although I sometimes struggle to reach this on a regular day, I didnt lose that intial first week water weight (although I did lose 3lbs first week n 10lbs in 4 weeks so far) as my basic meals are the same as what I've always eaten anyway, my problem was reigning in the snacking and treats in between (less trips to the cinema with sweets and popcorn etc!) I have learnt alot since being active on the forums these last few weeks, I'm trying to really up my protein and next week I shall also be increasing my calories as my BMR is 1600? I originally read to use target weight for BMR calculations and this came out at 1395 :/ so I'm not entirely sure, but gonna up my calories 100-150 all the same anyways :) I'm here nearly every day :)
  • alocin1709
    Options
    I'm on 1200 too! Feel welcome to add me ...I'm unsure of how I can build my group/community/friends on here so I haven't many ...

14405318.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    Feel free to add me if you are on 1200 calories per day. I am too and have been on that since 1st January 2012 x
  • SophieC19
    SophieC19 Posts: 117 Member
    Options
    I'm on 1200 :) feel free to add me, and same goes to anyone else :)
  • escloflowneCHANGED
    escloflowneCHANGED Posts: 3,038 Member
    Options
    I stay between 1200-1400 Net calories, anyone feel free to add me, I also don't eat processed or packaged food. All home cooked!
  • jktjcca
    Options
    Me too, I could use some people to encourage. I will try and do the same. I just started in the beginning of January. 1200 calories...
  • hmstarbuck
    hmstarbuck Posts: 152 Member
    Options
    You can add me! I'm at 1200 MOST days :)
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    Add me :-) I'm on 1200 every day!
  • kschudy
    Options
    I'm fairly new as well, same goal of 1200 calories. My goal is to lose 60 pounds. Friend me! Anyone else on here with the same goals too.... I'd love more motivation! :-)