Replies

• kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'2"
    2. how old are you? 19
    3. how much do you weigh? 151
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? about 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat? I deficit about -3500 a week, but every day is different
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) yes! about a pound a week if I eat right ^_^
    7. what's your goal weight? 115-120
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    2. how old are you? 38
    3. how much do you weigh? 114 (was 120 4 weeks ago so I've lost 6 lbs!)
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? I zigzag so anywhere between 1200-1700 and possibly more if its a training day
    5. how many net calories do you eat? Same as above and i try to eat almost all excercise cals give or take giving room for error
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Deffinitely! 1-1.5 lbs a week (I also do 16/8 fast and still eat all my MFP cals in my 8 hour eating window)
    7. what's your goal weight? 105-110, doesn't matter though as I just want my body fat down and it's going down! YAY! I can see my muscles.

what does your zigzagging look like for a given week? how many up days and how many down days? Is it 1200/1700 or is it somewhere within the range on any given day?

One example of a week (they are always different) Mon/1500, Tues/1200, Wed/1800, Th/1500, Fri/1350, sat/1650, Sun/1500. I usually earn anywhere from 300 to (like today) 790 excercise cals. On www.freedieting.com there is a calculation you can enter your stats and they tell you your maintenace cals then you click on "7 day zigzag" and it will print out a chart for 7 days of fat loss or extreme fat loss whichever you choose. It confuses your body so it is always guessing and never running slow. :)
  • _Peacebone_
    _Peacebone_ Posts: 229 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1.5"
    2. how old are you? 24
    3. how much do you weigh? 112lbs
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1000-1900 depending on the day
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1000-1400
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Yes; ~.5lb-1lb/week now that I'm watching what I eat again
    7. what's your goal weight? 105 would make me happy, any lower and I think it would be impossible to maintain.
  • love4fitnesslove4food_wechange
    Options
    2. how old are you? 38
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? I zigzag so anywhere between 1200-1700 and possibly more if its a training day
    5. how many net calories do you eat? Same as above and i try to eat almost all excercise cals give or take giving room for error
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Deffinitely! 1-1.5 lbs a week (I also do 16/8 fast and still eat all my MFP cals in my 8 hour eating window)
    7. what's your goal weight? 105-110, doesn't matter though as I just want my body fat down and it's going down! YAY! I can see my muscles.

what does your zigzagging look like for a given week? how many up days and how many down days? Is it 1200/1700 or is it somewhere within the range on any given day?

One example of a week (they are always different) Mon/1500, Tues/1200, Wed/1800, Th/1500, Fri/1350, sat/1650, Sun/1500. I usually earn anywhere from 300 to (like today) 790 excercise cals. On www.freedieting.com there is a calculation you can enter your stats and they tell you your maintenace cals then you click on "7 day zigzag" and it will print out a chart for 7 days of fat loss or extreme fat loss whichever you choose. It confuses your body so it is always guessing and never running slow. :)

i guess i didn't explain well. I know what it is and what the benefits are but i wanted to know how YOU implement it. So you do actually go below 1300 net then? when you workout more how do you adjust your calories? or do you not?
  • MsMuniz
    MsMuniz Posts: 399 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'
    2. how old are you? 34
    3. how much do you weigh? 125
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? MFP tells me 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat? between 900-1200 (one cheat meal a week)
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) started about 7 weeks ago and have lost 5lbs, would like to lose at least 1lb a week
    7. what's your goal weight? 110lbs
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    2. how old are you? 38

i guess i didn't explain well. I know what it is and what the benefits are but i wanted to know how YOU implement it. So you do actually go below 1300 net then? when you workout more how do you adjust your calories? or do you not?

May I ask why you are asking all of this then? I simply answered your questions as I thought you were trying to see other ideas out there. I also said I eat all my excercise cals back and I told you how I "implement" it by answering the questions above. It works for me as I am losing fat and am very energetic all day and during my workouts, I'm eating the best and healthiest I have ever eaten in my life eating and happy.
    Options
    jeanine..sorry. this is going badly. I wasn't criticizing your plan at all. I just wanted to understand your method of using it because some people go several days up and then several days down...like 1200/1200/1200/2000/2000/1200/1200 and others just do down/up/down/up in an alternating fashion. So i wanted to know your method. I do want other perspectives and to know what works for people.

I just didn't want you to think that I wanted to do it .Sorry if it came across as snappy or anything. It wasn't my intent.
  • significance
    significance Posts: 436 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1.5"
    2. how old are you? 37
    3. how much do you weigh? 55.5 - 56kg (122 - 123 lbs, depending on the time of day)
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? ~1800, on average
    5. how many net calories do you eat? ~1000, on average
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) yes, about 378g (0.8 lbs)/week.
    7. what's your goal weight? Currently set to 55kg (121lbs), but I think I'll reset it to 52kg (114.6 lbs)
  • FaithHopeBELIEVE
    Options
    jeanine..sorry. this is going badly. I wasn't criticizing your plan at all. I just wanted to understand your method of using it because some people go several days up and then several days down...like 1200/1200/1200/2000/2000/1200/1200 and others just do down/up/down/up in an alternating fashion. So i wanted to know your method. I do want other perspectives and to know what works for people.

I just didn't want you to think that I wanted to do it .Sorry if it came across as snappy or anything. It wasn't my intent.

I REALLY appreciate this reply as I didn't get a good vibe. The week schedule I gave as the example is the chart I go by. Personally I LOVE it and it worksso well fo rme and a few other friends i know that are trying it.
    Options

I REALLY appreciate this reply as I didn't get a good vibe. The week schedule I gave as the example is the chart I go by. Personally I LOVE it and it worksso well fo rme and a few other friends i know that are trying it.

Oh, no no no. Never is it my goal to belittle or be rude to anyone. I just know that different people implement things differently..they change plans so that they work for them. I know I do at least. I LOVE calorie cycling but just find it too difficult to stay on top of it...I could if I really wanted to but I am basically at goal so I'm not motivated enough to do it! That's awesome that you share information and your experience. There should be more people like you! :)
  • armaretta
    armaretta Posts: 851 Member
    Options
    2. how old are you? 26
    3. how much do you weigh? 129, 128 on a good day
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1500-2000 depending on exercise
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1500-1600, give a take a splurge here or there
    6. are you still losing? no :grumble: I might start calorie cycling again. It worked well for a long time, but I got tired of the constant, obsessive planning. Guess it was a mistake to give it up! I almost always meet a 500 calorie deficit (via BodyMedia Fit), so my body just doesn't want to give up the fat. Time for some cycling I guess *sigh*
    7. what's your goal weight? 115-120 or 18%-20% BF, whichever comes first :happy: Currently somewhere between 23%-25% I think
  • beckkotsch
    beckkotsch Posts: 482 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5 ft.....on a good day;)
    2. how old are you? 28....29 next week
    3. how much do you weigh? I'm currently at 155
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat? Depends on the day and how much I exercise. I try to stick around 1200 but some days I'm over and some days I'm under
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) yes! 1-2 lbs a week, roughly
    7. what's your goal weight? 130 but I'd LOVE to be at 120! we'll see.....
  • siems56
    siems56 Posts: 28
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'2
    2. how old are you? 33
    3. how much do you weigh?135
    4. how many gross calories do you eat?1240
    5. how many net calories do you eat? 1100
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Very slow about 1-2 lbs every 2-3 weeks
    7. what's your goal weight? Would love to be 125 but happy with 130
  • DdoubleU77
    Options
    1. how tall are you? ...................................................................5'2" on a good day (so that means 5'1"'ish LOL)
    2. how old are you? ...................................................................33
    3. how much do you weigh? ......................................................200'ish (I fluctuate 10lbs up or down in a week)
    4. how many gross calories do you eat?....................................sometimes I max out at 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat?........................................can vary on any given day
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast)......................................just started
    7. what's your goal weight?........................................................125-130'ish
  • Deckershann
    Deckershann Posts: 272 Member
    Options
    1. 5ft 2.5in. (yes my driver's license says 5ft. 3in.)
    2. 20
    3. 105 on a good day
    4. 1000-1200
    5. Varies depending on whether or not I exercise. I do not eat back exercise calories. Don't hate.
    6. Yes if I exercise...1 lbs per week
    7. Goal weight...100lbs
  • AlwaysWanderer
    AlwaysWanderer Posts: 641 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'1"
    2. how old are you? 24
    3. how much do you weigh? 125lbs
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? set at 1420
    5. how many net calories do you eat? I dont log my exercise, but burn about 600-700 cal 5 days a week at the gym
    6. are you still losing? just started (again), a lb lost in the last week,
    7. what's your goal weight? beetweet 105 - 110 would be awesome. Any tips appreciated!!!
  • charmalene
    charmalene Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    1. how tall are you? 5'2".
    2. how old are you? 24.
    3. how much do you weigh? 112lbs.
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? set at 1200.
    5. how many net calories do you eat? Depends in the calories burned, I don't always eat back my exercise calories!
    6. are you still losing? Just want to lose the last 4lbs.
    7. what's your goal weight? 107-110lbs!

Feel free to add me!! :)
  • Candyjefferies
    Options
    1. How tall are you? 5'2"
    2. How old are you? 24
    3. How much do you weigh? 143.5
    4. How many gross calories do you eat? 1200
    5. How many net calories do you eat? Varies
    6. Are you still losing? Yes about 10 lbs to go
    7. What's your goal weight? Around 135 but I'll see how I feel/look when get there...

15698859.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Weight Loss Tools
  • loisd82
    loisd82 Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    Hi there fellow shorties!

2. how old are you? 29
    3. how much do you weigh? 124
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? have reset my MFP to 1000 per day as for my size i think 1200 is more of a maintenence
    5. how many net calories do you eat? i try to eat between 800-1000 a day
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) i lost 3 lbs week before last but had a bad week last week where i couldn't exercise so only lost 1lb
    7. what's your goal weight? it was 125 but have now changed it to 120, i'm going more by measurements though to be honest
  • beckie4442
    Options
    1. how tall are you? Nearly 5'3"
    2. how old are you? 32 EDIT 33 tomorrow
    3. how much do you weigh? 156.8 EDIT 148.4
    4. how many gross calories do you eat? MFP tells me 1200
    5. how many net calories do you eat? as close to 1200 as possible
    6. are you still losing? (if so, how fast) Istarted 2 weeks ago ans have lost 4lbs hope to keep it going like that!!! EDIT 13lbs now
    7. what's your goal weight? 120lbs ( at least, will re-evaluate when I get there ) EDIT but I want to look strong so am lifting now