Is she crazy?

Options

Replies

• rml_16
    rml_16 Posts: 16,414 Member
    Options
    OK, it's possible that when you had surgery, your stomach muscles got severed and that may make it difficult for you to have a completely flat stomach. It will not make it impossible to lose weight and, seriously? AIR????

I think your MIL is probably not crazy, but very uninformed.
  • Orient_Charm
    Orient_Charm Posts: 385 Member
    Options
    She is jealous and crazy, don't listen to her......
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options

I don't know what you think I meant about her being from a different land, I was meaning when she grew up they didn't have computers in homes back then, you may not think 20 some years is a lot but it is, we live a completely different time, and as far as disrespect I would never share something a loved one said to ppl who would mock her

As a 43 year old I am laughing at what you have just written here. Really?
  • onmyway31
    Options
    - "You have been opened up (cystectomy at 6months preg/c-section) too many times and air got in your stomach and that is not going to let you ever get there."
    * BURPS at her face *
    - "Feeling better already, look I've lost 1 size!!!" :smokin:

lol
  • rml_16
    Options
    OMG. I'm literally laughing my *kitten* off! Other things she has told me..

-When her 9 year old hits my 3 year old she says it's because there is a full moon. I didn't realize he was some type of Wolf.
    -To not tickle my son because if I do he won't be able to talk when he's older. Umm yeah, he already talks.
    -To not wash my hands after applying muscle pain cream on my husband because if I do I will get pains on my hands and they will get ugly. Oh really? I always wash them and my hands are perfectly fine.
    -That there is this juice you make with oranges complete with peel, you boil it and you drink it. You don't eat, just drink that and you will drop the pounds very quick. In that case let me grab a bottle of hot orange juice!!:laugh:

I'll try and remember more or just have her start talking.:wink::laugh:

I amend my initial response. She's crazy.
  • rml_16
    Options

I don't know what you think I meant about her being from a different land, I was meaning when she grew up they didn't have computers in homes back then, you may not think 20 some years is a lot but it is, we live a completely different time, and as far as disrespect I would never share something a loved one said to ppl who would mock her

As a 43 year old I am laughing at what you have just written here. Really?

Clearly, those of us 35 and older are woefully stuck in the dark ages.

What's a computer?

What's this thing they speak of, "The Interwebs"? Like lot sof spiders or something?

*wanders aimlessly in La-La Land due to lack of any basic knowledge because the Internet didn't come along until I was "old"*

You know, because we never had books or libraries or any way of learning anything before computers ...
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    OMG. I'm literally laughing my *kitten* off! Other things she has told me..

-When her 9 year old hits my 3 year old she says it's because there is a full moon. I didn't realize he was some type of Wolf.
    -To not tickle my son because if I do he won't be able to talk when he's older. Umm yeah, he already talks.
    -To not wash my hands after applying muscle pain cream on my husband because if I do I will get pains on my hands and they will get ugly. Oh really? I always wash them and my hands are perfectly fine.
    -That there is this juice you make with oranges complete with peel, you boil it and you drink it. You don't eat, just drink that and you will drop the pounds very quick. In that case let me grab a bottle of hot orange juice!!:laugh:

I'll try and remember more or just have her start talking.:wink::laugh:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Tickle her, see if she stops talking BAHAHAHAHA
  • dslmech98
    Options
    I dont think this woman is crazy............
    I think shes an idiot!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Being a man ive of course never had a c section but i have been cut open from my sternum to below my belly button (cancer surgery). The crap of air in your belly is feasible but your body would remove it in a day or two. It will however take extra time to firm your stomach up because the muscles were cut but not impossible. Believe me i used the cut muscles excuse for 10 years until i finally got off my butt and started working on it. Even after only 6 weeks of working on it i started to see definition. So you keep up the good work and tell her that most of the air is between her ears.
  • Delicate
    Delicate Posts: 625 Member
    Options
    She's trying to put her bad thoughts onto you, so you feel as bad as her. Glad it hasnt worked

Surely she should try harder because she is diabetic!

Any air in your stomach, would of ended up being burped or farted out anyway lol!
  • chic_mama_25
    Options
    Did you ever think that you could weigh more because you have more muscle then other people your size? Muscle is a good thing. You should probably forget about the number on the scale because it means nothing.

I'm going to agree with this. How much you weigh is generally meaningless, except in extreme cases. You may look smaller than girls who allegedly weigh less than you do because you're composed of more muscle, while they have a higher proportion of fat. Does that make sense? For example, there's one woman I know who is a little shorter than I am--she's 5"3' and I'm 5"5'--and weighs less than 120 pounds. She's not surprisingly tiny or anything, but probably a US size 6. I, on the other hand, am 125 pounds but wear a US zero. Nobody ever believes that I weigh that much until I explain that I do lots of cardio plus strength training, so I'm very lean and have a greater proportion of muscle. Seriously, the next time that some lady is bragging that she weighs soooo much less than you do, just ask if she's ever heard of body fat percentages. I'd much rather be a toned, lean 125 pounds than under 120 with a saggy butt and soft belly.

true, also when I was 120-125lbs I fit in a US zero - lots of muscle - look at my bikini pic on my profile (I do not look massive or 'built' either)
  • KMSForLife
    Options
    My in-laws are truly the most amazing people on the face of this earth. The more I read in these forums, the more convinced I am that I am absolutely blessed to have them in my life. I am a lucky girl.
  • WhittRak
    WhittRak Posts: 572 Member
    Options
    Let's not forget the good ole "Oh something must be wrong with my thyroid" An excuse I used for years.
  • tam120
    tam120 Posts: 444 Member
    Options
    I'm pretty sure I'd quit talking to her about this because obviously she doesn't have a clue and isn't supportive.
  • modgirlrachel
    modgirlrachel Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Don't let her dissuade you from your fitness goals!
    And some people believe the stupidest things about weight loss, and it's partially their fault, there's no excuse for blindly believing things without checking facts.

And you're not disrespecting her, shes being silly and trying to convince you that you'll never reach your goals. Not a supportive person at all!
  • sma83
    sma83 Posts: 485 Member
    Options
    Did you tell her that your tummy is full of as much air as her head is?

Haha, sorry.

She's being silly. Sounds like you're going to have to develop some hefty selective hearing around her. =\
    HAHAHA...this!!!
  • gecho
    gecho Posts: 426 Member
    Options
    My MIL is similar, she has to be smaller/fitter/or have lost more than me.

I vote jealous:tongue:
  • swthrtsmrf
    Options
    I have learned to take what the MIL says with a grain of salt. Sometimes they do not realize how mean they really are. You keep up your hard work for you. And in the end if you get to your goal and shrink your stomache then you can look at her and say I told you so :)
  • vim_n_vigor
    vim_n_vigor Posts: 4,089 Member
    Options
    Some things the older people in my family believe (some on my husband's side, some on mine)
    Stump water cures pretty much anything (dew that collects on tree stumps overnight)
    A child can die from food poisoning by breastfeeding because the milk is not pasteurized (yeah, I wasn't too popular for breastfeeding my kids)
    If you blow air into a young child's face, they will die because they can't push it back out
    If a baby looks into a mirror, they will lose their spirit

There are plenty others, but it is kind of embarrassing. Some people truly do believe some strange things!
  • MrTennis40
    Options
    Sounds to me like she needs to relieve some of that AIR that is in her........Have her come over for Mexican Dinner and Feed her tons of Refried beans, Pinto Beans, Black Beans, and then send her home!! See how much of that AIR she has in her then!!!! The key to achieving YOUR goals.......Is they are YOURS!!! DO NOT ALLOW Negative people to drag you down!!! Keep up the Good Work!
  • MaximalLife
    MaximalLife Posts: 2,447 Member
    Options
    You need to escape the crab bucket your MIL would have you live in.
    Think of this:
    When a single crab is put into a lidless bucket, they surely can and will escape. However, when more than one share a bucket, none can get out. If one crab elevates herself above all, the others will grab this crab and drag'em back down to share the mutual fate of the rest of the group.

Sound familiar?

Your MIL is a toxic influence on you. Speak no further to her about this but be respectful.
    Be ABOVE her; love her, yet pity her.
    Just suck up her miserable comments, never argue but you won't feel the need to.
    Why?
    You are NOT in her bucket as of right now.

All Is Possible!