Down 63lbs, but not done yet.

Options
Today is my one year anniversary to making a permanent healthy lifestyle my ultimate goal for my life. A year ago today I stepped on the scale and cried. Hitting my highest weight ever at 220lbs. Well with making healthier choices in my diet and exercises 5 to 7 times a week I have turned my life around. I’m currently weighing in at 157lbs, which means over the past year I’ve lost 63lbs. There was ups and downs on my journey to get this far, but I made it. With some encouragement from some good friends and even recruiting some on my way, I’m feeling fantastic. Only about 17lbs or so to go and I know I can do it because I have some greats friends. I hope this may help some if they want to make a change in their lives for whatever reason it may be. You can do it. Never give up and keep pushing for tomorrow!

Replies

• craignev
    craignev Posts: 1,247 Member
    Options
    Great persistence and fantastic progress...well done
  • tammy434
    tammy434 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    Great job!!
  • Hippie_Soul
    Hippie_Soul Posts: 190 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the inspiration!!! And congrats on all your hard work!!
  • Davelh1976
    Davelh1976 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    Like! Lifestyle change is key.... You know since i have made the change at first i was sad i missed my honey buns and sausage biscuits and chesseburgers and pizza, But now my tastes have changed i had some pizza last night and in my mind it was so unhealthy and such a enemy to my body that it was not that enjoyable.
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    I was never one for tomatoes, but starting to really like them and all the junk just doesn't taste that good. The treats are rewarding when you know you can stick to one little slice of cheesecake or pie.
  • sunshineweaver
    Options
    I am proud of you Ash :)
  • ashnm88
    ashnm88 Posts: 748
    Options
    Thanks Bec!
  • ShrinkingChelle
    Options
    Amazing Ash!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!