calling all people with a SPACE between your thighs

Options

Replies

• Luandanielle1979
    Luandanielle1979 Posts: 747 Member
    Options
    My mum has a space between her legs. There bandy and she hates them. Your not going to change your anatomical shape love your size 6 body its great :O) xxx
  • furbutt
    furbutt Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    When I was 104 at 5'4 I didnt have space. Just they way I am built
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    The size and shape of your pelvic gridle will determine if and when you get a space. Stop worrying about it you may kill yourself in your pursuit to get that space. I have wide hips, so I'll probably get one some day, but that isn't the case with all women.
  • AmoreCouture
    AmoreCouture Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    Why does a space between your thighs matter? I think both ways look fine. I never knew this was such a bog deal, but I am pretty sure genetics play a role in this. When I am thin, I have one, because I have wider hips and don't carry the bulk of my fat on my legs and thighs. Someone with bigger legs and thighs, and smaller set hips might not be able to have a space like that. This is something I've never even really thought of before, but lately I've seen this is a big concern for a few people. Wow. lol.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,704 Member
    Options
    lots of questions: how long did it take you to get it??? what weight were you at and what are you at now? what size were you and what size are you now?

ive gone from like a 14 to a 6 and i STILL dont have a space!!! GRRRRRR!

i know you cant spot reduce fat otherwise id sit there and do inner thigh work for hours. what cardio do you do???
    SPACE BETWEEN MY THIGHS PLEEEASE SHOW UP!!!!!
    Realize that just like some women have naturally big breasts, the "space" between the thigh envy is also genetic. For some unless they get down to like very little lean muscle and body fat, they'll never see it.
    Build the best you that you can be. That's what makes us all unique.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • emily356
    emily356 Posts: 318 Member
    Options
    Some people just aren't made that way, or you'd have to have an eating disorder to get there. I was small and VERY toned and fit at around age 20, but I've always had muscular legs. Not fat, I really don't even gain there, maybe that is why my weight didn't matter much cause I will never have a space there unless I do something unhealthy, like quit eating and get too low of a body fat %. I am fine with it, I would rather have toned legs than sticks any day. My husband agrees.:)

Just read some of the other responses. Makes sense now!! I have muscular legs, but very small pelvis. No hips!!! Hahahahaha
  • Sister_Someone
    Sister_Someone Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    It's a matter of how you're built rather than how much you weigh.

I have one all the way up to my lady parts, and I still have quite a bit to lose (I'm 20 pounds away from my goal). Yet some people never get any because simply have legs that are set in a way that makes a thigh gap impossible unless they should become unhealthily thin.
  • emily356
    Options
    ^^^Yeah, what ninerbuff said!!!^^^
  • Artemis_Acorn
    Artemis_Acorn Posts: 836 Member
    Options
    I'm so surprised that no one has even mentioned lipo as an option here. If it means THAT much to you, you can always buy it.

As for me, I have inherited the anti-gap from my mother. I know that I'll never have the gap even when I get to my goal weight - and I couldn't care less.
  • emily356
    Options
    Yeah, I never even realized it was an issue. To be totally honest, I think it doesn't look as nice as someone with muscular legs where the thighs do touch. Whenever I see a gap, it just doesn't look good to me:ohwell:
  • cmeade20
    cmeade20 Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you the space between my thighs for that flat belly you're sportin
  • DRetel
    DRetel Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    You could stand up with your feet farther apart... ?

:ohwell:

I've never experience this chafing people speak of, and my legs touch all summer.
  • pastryari
    pastryari Posts: 8,646 Member
    Options
    I'll trade you the space between my thighs for that flat belly you're sportin

Lol!! I don't have a space between my thighs (not in my structure, nor do I care either way), but 'll take that flat stomach, too!!!
  • shaycat
    shaycat Posts: 980
    Options
    I have a space :) and I like it. I think it looks nice. I am a size 2 or 3 though.
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    OP, I feel your pain. I've never had a space between my thighs. It's where my fat is stored the most. I wish I could take my thighs fat and put it in my boobs instead. I lost 23 lbs and my boobs are gone :( But my freaking thighs are still huge. They touch less than before, but still...
  • PJFonz
    PJFonz Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    bump to read later
  • jennifershoo
    jennifershoo Posts: 3,198 Member
    Options
    Man, the things you girls worry about!

I've literally NEVER noticed/thought about this before so I really don't think you need to worry!

:laugh: You made my day!
    Yeah, I'm pretty sure men don't even notice that. We, women, are so harsh on our bodies!
  • Silverkittycat
    Silverkittycat Posts: 1,997 Member
    Options
    Oh, I don't know...don't work your adductors? Muscular imbalance for a gap? Not my thing as I'm more into function and performance.
    Listen to ninerbuff.

Sorry, I'm just tired of seeing "thigh gap" threads. :flowerforyou:
  • lvplts
    Options
    Your post brought a smile to my face. I too wanted that space, but as my running instructor said, your thighs love each other--you can't separate them.

If you look around you, you will see how many people have no space--and skinny people too. It is particularly noticeable when people wear shorts.

Contratulations on your weight loss, love yourself and relax.
  • RachelJE
    RachelJE Posts: 172
    Options
    I really don't mean to sound snotty...

but could I respectfully suggest you spend an evening volunteering in a homeless shelter working with children who live on the streets.

Might put a little perspective on this issue. There really are SO MUCH more important things happening in this world.