If you could be in any country in the world....

Options

Replies

• Martucha123
    Martucha123 Posts: 1,093 Member
    Options
    I'd go back to Tenerife (Canary Islands) - I'd be laying on the black sand beach, soaking up the sun!!

I live in Barcelona and love every minute of it, but on days cold like those few last I'm dreaming about beeing in Tenerife...
  • living_loving_laughing2013
    Options
    Back to Okinawa, Japan, cuz I miss it sooo much
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of people picking Ireland! maybe being Irish, the novelty of the place has somewhat worn off, but there is a reason that lots of Irish keep emigrating. There isnt a lot to do!
  • skmolove
    skmolove Posts: 191 Member
    Options
    Freeport, Bahama's @ the Atlantis Resort. on the beach at a quiet cove sipping a tropical drink from a coconut!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • mznisaelaine
    mznisaelaine Posts: 2,262 Member
    Options
    Definitely Italy! I just want to try all the Italian food!
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I'm absolutely amazed at the amount of people picking Ireland! maybe being Irish, the novelty of the place has somewhat worn off, but there is a reason that lots of Irish keep emigrating. There isnt a lot to do!

Haha...I was thinking the exact same about all the people saying Scotland. Having been born and raised and still living in Scotland, the novelty is well and truly worn off of it! Haha.
  • tehzephyrsong
    tehzephyrsong Posts: 435 Member
    Options
    I'd want to be home in Florida. I'm in Russia right now for a semester, and the homesickness is really starting to hit hard, now that the feeling of "holy *kitten* I'm really here it's really happening" has mostly worn off. Also, it is goddamned cold here.
  • nerdieprofessor
    nerdieprofessor Posts: 512 Member
    Options
    I'd be in Australia, most likely in Tasmania, enjoying the mild summertime and the laid back local attitude. I'd probably go hiking at Freycinet and Cradle Mountain and show all my favorite places to my husband. And, it would be summer time, did I mention that? I hate winter and we have snow on the way...
  • MaggiePuccini
    MaggiePuccini Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    Spain.

I wish I'd been born in Sweden or Denmark though. Those folks really know how to do things, have a great admiration for the way them.
  • Scoobiesnax
    Scoobiesnax Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    Snorkelling in the Turks and Caicos Islands...:glasses:
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    Re: Ireland, yeah............ 15% unemployment, government trying to screw the poor for the bankers' mistakes and the govt being so incompetent, people having to fight for everything. it's tough here right now.

But guess where I'm going on holiday!? SCOTLAND. ha ha. Can't wait though. cheap holiday and I will be put through my paces by my friend who I'm visiting. It'll be like bootcamp (during the day) and lots of wine in the evenings. I would like to try the local delicacy of deep fried mars bar while i'm there. ;P
  • iCACTUS
    iCACTUS Posts: 113
    Options
    Venice, Italy.
    Switzerland.
    Holland.
    Amsterdam.
  • Kitiara47
    Options
    I really want to go to Ireland and kinda wish I was living there now. One of these days I'll be able to make a trip over... I grew up on the culture with Irish heritage on both sides of my family. I'll admit, listing to the music, going to festivals, seeing pictures/video of the country, it really pulls at my heart and makes me feel like that's where I belong. :blushing:
  • MaggiePuccini
    Options
    I really want to go to Ireland and kinda wish I was living there now. One of these days I'll be able to make a trip over... I grew up on the culture with Irish heritage on both sides of my family. I'll admit, listing to the music, going to festivals, seeing pictures/video of the country, it really pulls at my heart and makes me feel like that's where I belong. :blushing:

I don't feel properly Irish reading all that. You could probably teach me a thing or two! ;)
  • bahacca
    bahacca Posts: 878 Member
    Options
    Australia diving the Great Barrier Reef.
  • kimiebee
    kimiebee Posts: 62 Member
    Options
    I'd love to be in Egypt visiting the Great Pyramids
  • Captain_Mal
    Captain_Mal Posts: 945 Member
    Options
    Ireland, no doubt. My second choice would be Greece.
  • kittenmitton
    kittenmitton Posts: 231 Member
    Options
    Right now I want to stay in my country, but I so want to go back to Boston. I'm really craving a stroll through the Fens or window shopping on Boylston, or a casual walk through Boston Harbor and feeling the cool Atlantic breeze wash over me. I miss that city hardcore right now. Hell, I even miss the Harvard Square red line stop with all the hobos. I miss ridiculously crowded trains at Kenmore Square and waiting 20 minutes for the B line to Boston College, even though I saw 3 pass in the opposite direction. I miss government center, I miss the insane sidewalks of beacon hill, I miss chilling in Boston Common, and I even miss the sketchy as hell Super 88 Market. I really need to be back in Boston right now, no joke.
  • angelgutierrez
    Options
    Touring South Africa, learning the culture, exploring
  • plushkitten
    plushkitten Posts: 547 Member
    Options
    Japan for sure.