Early Riser...what time do you wake up to work out?

Options

Replies

• Amandac6772
    Amandac6772 Posts: 1,311 Member
    Options
    4:00. I like to get it over with for the day plus I know how many calories I can have that day.
  • RubyDarling
    RubyDarling Posts: 171 Member
    Options
    Up at 5:20am
    Leave home 5:30am
    At work carpark 6am
    Run/walk until 7:30am
    Shower at work
    Start work 8am

Bed anywhere between 6pm and 10pm. Usually 8:30-9pm.

Or.... when I have to feed the cows

Up at 4am
    Feed cows
    Leave home 5:30am
    At work carpark 6am
    Run/walk until 7:30am
    Shower at work
    Start work 8am

Then I'm in bed by 7:30-8pm.
  • catelabow
    catelabow Posts: 77 Member
    Options
    4:30 alarm, banana and coffee, out the door for run by 4:50. I set more than one alarm. It really helps me start making good food choices for the whole day if I have already done the workout.
  • Ender928
    Ender928 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I find it impossible to work out at night, so I started getting up early. I also find that if I wake up and get the workout done, I feel better the rest of the day.

I get up between 5:00 and 5:30 depending on what workout I am doing. I am in bed between 9:30 and 10:30, just depends on how tired I feel.

I always have my workout clothes, heart rate monitor, shoes, etc. out and ready to go so I don't have to look for anything or think, just get dressed and go!

Oh, and I do this 5-6 days a week. On the weekends when I workout, I tend to sleep a little bit later, but not too much because it throws me off.

Feeling better the rest of the day is true. Which is why I really want to work out in the morning at least throughout the week.
  • reammi
    reammi Posts: 70
    Options
    I am up at 4:30 am Tuesday thru Friday and out the door by 5 am (after getting dressed and walking the dog). I have an hours drive to work but we do have a free gym so it's worth getting up early to work out and miss the traffic. I'm in the gym by 6:30 am. I alternate running, rowing, cycling and strength training with classes. I'm in bed by 9:30 pm and I look forward to Friday nights to get a few extra hours of sleep (I have teenagers so no one is up early on Saturday). I find that even on the weekends I'm up by 8:15 am the latest. I've usually run 5 or so miles and am back home before my DH or any of my DD's has woken up. I like it because I feel like I exercise around their schedule so there are no conflicts.
  • gstanley4
    gstanley4 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I really needed this topic today. My workouts have been sporadic at best for the last few weeks. I was getting up at 5am and would be at the gym from 5:30-6:30am. These posts are inspiring. I'll be at the gym tomorrow morning.
  • beckamarie
    Options
    Up at 3:45 4 to 5 days a week to run before getting in the shower at 5 and then loading kids in the car for our daily commute to sitter and work... and back again... I don't get home till closer to 7 most evenings so there is no way by the time we eat and bathe and get kids to bed that I want to work out... I am blessed that my hubby is an early riser too! That really helps.
  • brandysilvers
    brandysilvers Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I get up between 3:45 and 4 am to get my work out in. I try to be in bed religiously by 9:30 but sometimes life gets in the way. I always feel so good knowing that my workout is already done and it gives me a chance to watch all the TV shows I DVR while i am at class.
  • violon
    violon Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    3 days a week I get up at 5:30 to go to bootcamp from 6-7 am, back to my house by around 7:10 to get ready and get to work at about 8:15. I'm in bed by 9:30pm. Like so many others have said, it's such a great feeling to be done with my workout already! I almost forget that I've already worked out :)
  • emilyjhopkins
    emilyjhopkins Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    this topic has really inspired me, i have never seriously thought about getting up early to exercise as i find it hard enough to get up anyway! i am never motivated in the evenings to exercise and so rarely do. after reading these post i am going to set my alarm 30 mins earlier for tomorrow! :-)
  • mlb929
    mlb929 Posts: 1,974 Member
    Options
    I'm up at 4:30, I mill around and start my workout by 5:00 and workout for 2 hours. I used to only workout an hour but needed PT exercises that got boring, so I found a program just to do those, the routines are 30-45 min, Yoga days are more than an hour, so I'd rather have too much time than not enough.

That said - I turn into a pumpkin no later than 9:30 and crash quickly.
  • Jennloella
    Jennloella Posts: 2,287 Member
    Options
    bed at 8:30, up at 5 =)
  • tmbright
    Options
    bump
  • SexyLexy83
    Options
    NORMALLY 7 AM SOMETIMES ITS AROUND 8 OR 9 IF I DECIDE TO SLEEP IN THE REASON I DO THIS IS BECAUSE........
    f787dd0d.jpg

and

tumblr_lw1v1iufdT1qke924o1_500.png
  • iuew
    iuew Posts: 624 Member
    Options
    around 6 AM.
  • kaybelmore
    Options
    6:45am 4 days a week :D, 7-8am for a long run on Sunday
  • kunibob
    kunibob Posts: 608 Member
    Options
    f787dd0d.jpg

Hahahaha! So true. So often, I'll sort of "wake up" and realize that I'm several km into a run already...at that point, I figure I might as well finish it off. ;)

Anyway, this thread is making me feel like a slacker, but I get up at 6 am for early morning exercise. My husband and I both work in an industry that runs late hours (I'm always the first one in, and I get in at about 9), so bedtime is usually between 11 & midnight.

I'm sure that will all shift earlier if we have kids, though!!
  • echoica
    echoica Posts: 339 Member
    Options
    I am usually in bed by 9pm. I get up about 6am and leave for work at 7:30am. I love sleeping :P

I have on occasion gotten up at 5am to workout but this week I started walking at lunch. I don't workout every evening but I try to fit in at least some yoga/strength at night. I work out a lot on the weekends though!
  • ML0305
    ML0305 Posts: 227 Member
    Options
    I used to work out at 08:30pm to 09:30pm and would go to bed at 12:00am since I had to shower, drink my protein shake and wait a few minutes then I would fall asleep and I had a hard time getting up at 05:30 in the morning to get ready for work. So, I decided to change it and now I just started to wake up at 05:30 and workout for 30 minutes and I feel much better. I'm aimining to get up at 4:30am (yikes!) and go to bed at 08:30pm...still working on it! Best of luck to you!
  • marz31
    marz31 Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    I get up at 5:45 (trying to make it earlier) but that's so I can make it to work by 7am so I can leave at 4 and get in a good workout before picking up my kiddo at daycare. I'm hoping once I get used to my schedule (been a month, but had a few setbacks) I can get up earlier and do a short yoga session before I start my day.