Do you log your meals/snacks before you actually eat them?

Options

Replies

• noiva
    noiva Posts: 94
    Options
    I usually log breakfast after I eat it, but I pre-log lunch and dinner. Helps to be able to have a game plan going into making lunch @ work and cooking dinner @ home.
  • stubbysticks
    stubbysticks Posts: 1,275 Member
    Options
    I do very often, especially since I try to meet particular macro goals. It also eliminates the stress of trying to figure out what to eat through the day while I'm trying to focus on other things like work or whatever. If I already have my plan in place, it's easy enough to swap things out if I have to.
  • Janiot
    Janiot Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I log what I intend to eat when I go to work or on days off, and adjust if approaching calorie limit, or it will encourage me to go to the gym or walk the dog and I wear a FITBIT, which automatically adjusts my calorie limit the more I move or exercise.
    It just makes me more "mindfull" of what I eat.
  • thepetiterunner
    thepetiterunner Posts: 1,238 Member
    Options
    Nope, I log right after I eat on my phone if I'm not at my computer. Things change, sometimes I don't feel like eating toast for breakfast, but I'll eat it later for a snack. Things like that. And I keep track of the time I eat things, so it's hard to do that if it's all punched in already.
  • robinogue
    robinogue Posts: 1,117 Member
    Options
    when I pre-planned my meals I will log them in.
  • sbkab88
    sbkab88 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    No I log everything as I eat it or as I exercise. I use my phone most of the time and the scanner is my best friend lol. My sister logs food and exercise before she does them and then doesnt go through with it, but doesnt change it if she eats more or exercises less. I find that doing it right after I eat or exercise makes me more accurate.
  • ColeyBear08
    ColeyBear08 Posts: 495 Member
    Options
    I ALWAYS log before I eat! This way I know what I can budget for later or so I know I'm not going over in my calories for the day.
  • Werglum
    Werglum Posts: 378 Member
    Options
    I log my main meals so I know what I have to play with for my snacks.
  • Ender928
    Ender928 Posts: 16 Member
    Options
    I plan my day, log it all in the morning when I get to work, and adjust as necessary if I eat more or don't eat something. Planning is key for me.

This is exactly how I do it allows me to stay on track better.
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    I usually have to because I need to know how many calories is in what I eat. Especially when I make my own salads.
  • tinkermommc
    tinkermommc Posts: 562 Member
    Options
    I do but only when I'm doing something for dinner I'm worried about the calories for. Ex. last night we had pizza, salad with chocolate covered strawberries for dessert. So I logged it and then I knew how many calories I had for the day or I'd have to work out to get more. Then because I did work out I had a 2nd piece of pizza so I had to go back and add it! It helps me make sure I stay with in my calories. Yesterday I ended with ~200 left.
  • Sarahmeridith
    Sarahmeridith Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I usually log right before I eat so I can check the #s, but if its something I eat all the time and know for sure whats in it then I just log it after.
  • lilRicki
    lilRicki Posts: 4,555 Member
    Options
    yep I log everything the minute i get to work...that way I know where i can snack
  • AllanMisner
    AllanMisner Posts: 4,140 Member
    Options
    I'm usually logging as I eat. But if I don't know about something, I'll log it to research what it will do for/to me.
  • KerrySayers27
    KerrySayers27 Posts: 36 Member
    Options
    I usually plan and log my meals and snacks the day before. I find it much easier to stay on track when I know exactly where I am.
  • Bikini27
    Bikini27 Posts: 1,298 Member
    Options
    Yep, I plan it all out in the morning and go from there. I add/subtract as I go if things change.
  • JennLifts
    JennLifts Posts: 1,913 Member
    Options
    I log 3 or so days ahead. That way I get enough in.
  • rachaelh84
    rachaelh84 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I do, so I know how much I can eat and what it's going to cost me. Especially helpful if I see something looming that I want. If I put it in and see the calories before I eat it, a lot of the time I'm dissuaded.
  • danigirl1011
    danigirl1011 Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    I do! For a few reasons actually. 1) It is totally a goal. I find if i am set in what i am going to eat, i don't even think about straying 95% of the time. 2) i don't ever want to have a day where i just eat whatever, then log and find i am almost out of calories before dinner. 3) It helps me be organized and make sure i have everything on my grocery list. 4) listing it out helps me see what i am eating, especially if i am trying to make a new recipe i want to see that the nutritional values fit in with stuff i'm already eating
  • Myndi73
    Myndi73 Posts: 270
    Options
    I always log my dinner before I leave work. I always know what I will be having and I live out in the freaking boonies so my internet and cell service is very sporadic. Otherwise i'd do it as I go.