Do you log your meals/snacks before you actually eat them?

Options

Replies

• CallMeCupcakeDammit
    CallMeCupcakeDammit Posts: 9,375 Member
    Options
    I plan my day, log it all in the morning when I get to work, and adjust as necessary if I eat more or don't eat something. Planning is key for me.

This is me, too.
  • stefkhan
    stefkhan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I don't log all of meals before I eat them, but sometimes I do evaluate what I eat by logging it, before I actually eat it. For instance, the other day I stopped at Boston Market for a chicken meal, and after checking the calories, I tossed the cornbread...it simply wasn't worth the calories.

This is a good strategy for those that have trouble counting calories...or simply want to make sure they're eating right.
  • Kayleighpaul1985
    Kayleighpaul1985 Posts: 98 Member
    Options
    I always log my day in advance, I might have extra snacks in the day which I will add as and when but everything else is pre logged. I have never gone over my calorie allowance doing it this way and I have lost 18lb since Jan 4th so definately working for me :happy: x
  • IpuffyheartHeelsinthegym
    Options
    if I prepare my meals ahead of time, I'll log them ahead of time, too. That way, I am almost telling myself I have to eat that, and if I don't, I can always remove it, but it does help me see where my count is daily and how much more I need to eat.
  • elo83
    elo83 Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    Yes! Makes me plan ahead!
  • jimmie25
    jimmie25 Posts: 266
    Options
    I try to plan my meals ahead but my job is sorta hectic and I might have to adjust and sometimes I eat whatever I can get at that moment.
  • tataliciousd89
    Options
    I usually log what I eat before I eat it. I always know what I'm eating for the day before I do it and if something changes then I go back and change it. I also pretty much know what I'm gonna burn as far as exercise goes so I can plan out the extra calories before if I feel like I might need them.
  • audreanna76
    Options
    Yes! I call it meal planning. And very seldom do I ever deviate from it. I plan my meals in advance and log everything I plan on eating for the day, in the morning.
    I log my exercise AFTER I exercise so I can be exact. And I normally log my water in at night before I go to bed because I'm always shoveling the water.
  • reddcat
    reddcat Posts: 314 Member
    Options
    Breakfast is always a crapshoot. After I log that, then I fill in lunch and dinner based on what I have planned/available. Then I can tell what I have left over for snacks :) I have been locking it in early so that I am forced to eat what I said and no messing around.
  • Vamntxaij
    Options
    I log my meals AFTER I eat them. I had the tendancy when I did it the other way to take a little more than what I said I ate and conveniently forget to log the extra.....
  • EbonyK
    EbonyK Posts: 92
    Options
    Yes! it's helps me stay on track and stick to what I plugged in.
  • ❤lindsay❤dawn❤
    Options
    I log breakfast as I'm having it, then input the rest of my day, adding and removing as I go throughout the day.
  • LauravonD
    Options
    It depends. Only ever for one day though. Like I'm not planning the next day before it actually started
  • aliceguy
    aliceguy Posts: 128 Member
    Options
    Bit of both for me really. I log in when I get to work, so I log what I have had for breakfast and then what I willl have for lunch as I made that in the morning and brought it to work with me.

Also my water intake,do it in the morning, I take 2 1 litre bottles of water to work everyday and aim to drink 1 in the morning and 1 in the afternoon, thats pretty easy here at the moment as it is 40 degrees C.

Usually do dinner afterwards but must admit to sometimes forgetting to do it and going to bed without logging it.....oops
  • jewelswye
    jewelswye Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    It is a great idea. I sometimes log what I am planning to have so if it comes out to more calories than I want, I can change it up. Nothing worse than eating it and then logging to only realize it was twice the calories!

^^^ me too. that way I can juggle my snacks so I can eat what I want at meals (within reason) or change portion sizes slightly. Ive got my meals sorted till saturday lol
  • couchkatie
    couchkatie Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I log it right before I eat it.......keeps me on track :)
  • Faye_Anderson
    Faye_Anderson Posts: 1,495 Member
    Options
    i log everything the day before and just tweek it throughout the day

^^ this :smile:
  • pjjlady
    Options
    I like logging in the morning for the day so I can play around a bit with calorie counts and what I might have going on for that day. This doesn't leave me "flat footed" at 5:00 in the afternoon with hunger pains and carpools galore and not knowing what I can pick up to go. Sure wish driving burned calories! :)
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I normally log breakfast & lunch when I eat them, but I log dinner & post workout power bar ahead of time. It gives me motivation to get to the gym....

However many calories I'm " over " for the day is my top priority at the gym.
  • pdadas36
    Options
    I don't log anything until after I get home from work, even breakfast. Typically dinner is my largest meal so i wait to see how many calories I have left for dinner. But i do workout before dinner so it gives me a little cushion.