I just found out ........

Options
2»

Replies

• Milliebear66
    Milliebear66 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    what are "crisps" ??

I think people in the States call them 'chips' .. they come in packets .. lots of different flavours .. yummy.. :) x
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    she watched a uk tv programme where people had to guess how many packets of crisps (salted) there in in different foods
    6 slices of bread
    sushi
    ready meal
    something else I cant remember

and they all had the 5 packs of crisp salt level
  • sandown12
    sandown12 Posts: 648 Member
    Options
    I make my own bread - a pinch of salt is all i ever add (ok, i do boil bagels in saltwater before baking).
    problem with fresh bread is that it's way too easy to eat.
    my concern would lie with the salted butter before the bread any day....

It was white bread probably 130 calories a slice so bad
  • i_love_vinegar
    i_love_vinegar Posts: 2,092 Member
    Options
    i can easily eat five pastries in one sitting and not feel full......i try to only do this around once or twice per month now though... ^^

my point is, 6 slices of bread is a cinch.
  • deejay7806
    deejay7806 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    what are "crisps" ??

I think people in the States call them 'chips' .. they come in packets .. lots of different flavours .. yummy.. :) x

o my...this did make me chuckle..... neva heard any1 ask wot crisps r b4..... but guess its like a lot of things we call in uk in states its called summut different.... :-)
  • deejay7806
    deejay7806 Posts: 165 Member
    Options
    what are "crisps" ??

[/quo o my...this did make me chuckle.... neva heard any1 ask wot crisps r...but guess the states call lots of things different than we do in uk..... funni tho :-)
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    I eat bread every day. Trying not to. I too am a carboholic!:embarassed:

Before MFP I used to eat half of french baguette by myself. And I still ate lots of other stuff besides that. MFP made me realise just HOW MUCH bread I ate! And I stopped.
  • classycouture
    classycouture Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    1 bagel is equivalent to 5 pieces of bread. I almost died when i found out...

When I found out how "bad" bagels are for you, I cried a little inside.. I love bagels, it's one of the hardest things I have had to cut back on. Especially Dunkin Donuts bagels.. :sad:
  • dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    if you're eating 6 slices of bread, the salt content is the last thing you should be worrying about

/trollpost

I was kinda thinking the same thing...:ohwell:

Me too!:wink:
  • mickipedia
    mickipedia Posts: 889 Member
    Options
    I miss bread :(
  • Bridget0927
    Bridget0927 Posts: 438 Member
    Options
    as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...

Hi. I'm Tiffany, and I'm a carboholic. I've definitely smashed more than 6 slices of bread in one sitting on numerous occasions, which is why I do not keep bread in my house. Call me crazy; just being honest :wink:

Me too, I heart bread!!! and i have definately had 6 slices before. I would roll white bread into a ball and eat it like an apple when i was little....sooo weird but soo good. Now that im a grown up (sorta) My weakness is at a restaurant when they have bread and oil or bread and butter i will eat the whole basket!
  • Christina1007
    Christina1007 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    oh god, you guys make me wanna reach for the bread basket!!! so unfair!!!!
  • craziedazie
    craziedazie Posts: 185 Member
    Options
    what are "crisps" ??

[/quo o my...this did make me chuckle.... neva heard any1 ask wot crisps r...but guess the states call lots of things different than we do in uk..... funni tho :-)

Oh I see. Yes, I have never heard them called crisps here in the US, but it is a fitting name for them.
  • Cris725
    Options
    :frown: I miss bread.........
  • AdrienneKaren
    AdrienneKaren Posts: 168 Member
    Options
    I love bread. Like, an unhealthy love for it. Now, when I buy bread, I get the thins from Oroweat because for some reason, I can't eat more than 2. I get too full or something.
  • esphixiet
    esphixiet Posts: 214 Member
    Options
    as a teenager, I once ate an entire loaf of bread in one sitting as an after school snack once while watching my after school shows. Plain.... Yes. For real. And, yes, I still ate dinner when it was ready and my mom was pretty peeved that I wasted an entire loaf of bread by myself...

My highschool had a "baking class" and every day they sold warm loaves of fluffy delicious white carby bread for a dollar. I could eat that whole damn thing myself. Mmmmm... Such good memories :)
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    1 bagel is equivalent to 5 pieces of bread. I almost died when i found out...

.........but they are OH, SO TASTY.

just have to have one, every now and then :love: :love: :love:
  • PinkEarthMama
    PinkEarthMama Posts: 987 Member
    Options
    I could eat six slices of bread a day....

PB & J for breakfast

Grilled cheese for lunch

two pieces of garlic bread for dinner

........................ no wonder I'm fat
  • Pollywog39
    Pollywog39 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Options
    What's wrong with you people?

You can eat bread!!! Bread is GOOD for you....................just eat the really GOOD bread, with whole grains, and stay away from the white, processed crap.

And there's a bagel that is really nummy......smaller, about 100 cals......... um, let's see - gotta look it up.....hold on..........
    http://www.thomasenglishmuffins.com/Our-Products/Bagels/Bagel-Thins/Thomas-Everything-Bagel-Thins-Bagels/Default.aspx

they're thinner than a traditional bagel, but throw a little garden veggie lowfat cream cheese on 'em? OMG......heaven!