OK I'VE BEEN LOGGING IN FOR A FEW MONTHS NOW..NO WEIGHT LOSS

Options
I've logged in for a few months;

i have recently started running again and i havent lost ANY Weight. In fact I think i've gained a few pounds.

It started this time last year, i'd eat junk food (but not a lot of it a day) and run 10k a couple days a week.. then id stop exercising, try and diet ( and i mean by eating junk food) and it worked, i went from 9 stone 2 to 8 stone 11. that was from march - september 2011. november - i started a new job, very sedentary, sitting at a desk ALL day.. and i leave in one week and start my new job which was what i was doing before (cabin crew always on my feet). So from November 2011 to current i have actually gained weight....

What am i doing wrong/right? should i go back to eating junk food again!!?? its driving me insane.. was it all the running i used to do that made my metabolism faster? - because once i stopped running i carried on losing weight.

Help would be appreciated. My diary is open...

Replies

• MissMalinSara
    Options
    I mean i even started Gillians 30 day shred and gave up after 5 days because nothing was lost.

Maybe I should go back to having my days like this:

Breakfast - cereal
    Lunch - foot long subway/mcdonalds wrap
    dinner - cookie

thats it!
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    bump
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    I am 5 ft 7, weigh 9 stone 3-5 (fluctuates)....
  • jdhenry88
    Options
    don't eat food from mcdonald's
  • k8blujay2
    k8blujay2 Posts: 4,941 Member
    Options
    Have you measured other things such as your weight? Do your clothes fit differently?
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    5 days of working out isn't enough to see real results. Workout consistently for a longer period of time and log your food, healthy choices. It'll happen, but it does take time.
  • Brandongood
    Brandongood Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    have you been eating at a calorie deficit daily?
  • MsKekeSoFocused
    MsKekeSoFocused Posts: 383 Member
    Options
    Do you mean Jillian 30 Day Shred? Doing a dvd for only 5 days and quiting is not going to get you anywhere..You need to stick with it...I will tell you why you arent losing..You aren't losing because you aren't eating...What is cereal, a footlong and a cookie going to do for anyone??? That is not enough food at all..Make sure you are eating the proper foods..Junk food wont help you..Make sure you are getting enough calories..Eating little calories/ stressing will could make you gain. Also, take pics and measurements..the scale will play tricks on your mind
  • hhorncastle
    hhorncastle Posts: 84 Member
    Options
    I mean i even started Gillians 30 day shred AND GAVE UP AFTER FIVE DAYS because nothing was lost.

THAT is what you're doing wrong.
  • RedVelvetCurls
    RedVelvetCurls Posts: 304 Member
    Options
    I've taken a look at your diary, and it looks to me like your sugar is too high. Try cutting back on the sugar, and try having a brisk walk every day. You should see results. :)
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    stay consistent for the long term. Giving up on a workout after 5 days because you didn't see a loss wont help.

Stick with something at LEAST 2 weeks, if not 6, then re-evaluate.
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    I know but i feel like eating 1200 calories a day and running is all too much :-( i want to get back to 8 stone 10 - it seems like it was so easy last year!
  • CADreaming09
    CADreaming09 Posts: 311 Member
    Options
    Are you measuring yourself? You may be losing inches, not pounds.
  • sblueyez
    sblueyez Posts: 156 Member
    Options
    I took a look and it looks like you're a few hundred calories under for the past few days. If you don't eat enough your body will want to hang on to everything you eat. My thoughts on the junk food are that maybe you were eating enough calories via junk food and now you aren't. You may also be retaining fluids from growing muscle, especially if you just started back up again. Drink plenty of water. Try to increase your healthy food intake and see if it helps.
  • delong99
    delong99 Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    MFP could be overestimating your calorie burn, and seeing as you are coming fairly close to eating all of your calories each day (including the exercise calories) you could be having a deficit on MFP, but not for real.

Maybe try eating back only 1/2 of those exercise calories. And make sure you switched your activity level to sedentary to fit with your new job.
  • n_unocero
    n_unocero Posts: 445 Member
    Options
    stay consistent for the long term. Giving up on a workout after 5 days because you didn't see a loss wont help.

Stick with something at LEAST 2 weeks, if not 6, then re-evaluate.
    I've taken a look at your diary, and it looks to me like your sugar is too high. Try cutting back on the sugar, and try having a brisk walk every day. You should see results. :)

these. 5 days and you gave up? really?

and after looking at your diary the reason you didn't lose is because you still went over your cals even when you were working out. doing a workout doesnt mean you can eat whatever you want.

and PS...chocolates and cakes everyday probably isn't going to help either.
  • GuruOnAMountain
    GuruOnAMountain Posts: 489 Member
    Options
    I had a look at a few days of your diary. Seems that you seem to be under some days and over other days. Try and keep right on target every day and the weight should start to come off.
  • MissMalinSara
    Options
    Ok so one person is telling me to eat more and another is telling me to eat half my exercise calories back

-_-;
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    You're already lean (and gorgeous!) There might not be any weight to lose at this point. Focus on strength training and a teeny tiny calorie deficit (no more than 250 calories below maintenance).

Don't get hung up on a number on the scale. Use photos and how clothes fit to judge your progress. I've gained weight since October, and I'm wearing smaller clothes. I'm happy with that... I'd rather be heavier than I look than look heavier than I am.
  • RachVR6
    RachVR6 Posts: 3,688 Member
    Options
    I know but i feel like eating 1200 calories a day and running is all too much :-( i want to get back to 8 stone 10 - it seems like it was so easy last year!

If you're back to running 10k's you HAVE to eat more than 1200 calories. You should probably have your mfp goal set at 0.5lb a week as well, since you don't have much to lose.