not your average boob post

Options

Replies

• HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Chest exercises will not make them smaller. All that does is build up the muscle underneath, perhaps making them stand out even more / more perky looking. That was the case for me anyway, and it kinda makes sense.

What will make them smaller is general all over fat loss - a calorie deficit. Whether you lose weight mainly from your boobs or hardly any from there is all unique to you. In your situation I'd just say be patient and they "should" get smaller over time, even if it's the last place you lose fat from.
  • salsera_barbie
    salsera_barbie Posts: 270 Member
    Options
    I didn't start to lose boob until I started running. It was toward the end of my 40lbs weight lost.
  • lizard053
    lizard053 Posts: 2,344 Member
    Options
    I'm trying running now, hoping for more loss overall. But I lost most of this weight before and I only got MORE top heavy. I hate it. I had to get my uber sports bras (Enell, worth every penny, by the way) to do it. But I'm trying! I've also heard that women who drink coffee have smaller breasts, so I started drinking coffee! LOL. Truly desperate!
  • usc2626
    usc2626 Posts: 186
    Options
    STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

Exactly! Why mess with a pair of the grestest gift to mankind?!:bigsmile:
  • kelleymeg
    kelleymeg Posts: 24 Member
    Options
    I completely agree with the genetics theories. I have never ever had any boobs. No exageration. I have been wearing (and I use the term loosely) an A cup my whole life. And I am not a "petite" woman. Even when I gained a lot of weight 2 years ago (about 35lbs), They didnt get bigger. then i lost that weight. They didnt get smaller.
    Now I'm trying to get down to a weight where I am "happy being naked", but I doubt that will ever really happen because it looks like I will never really have boobs! It's sometimes just very discouraging - makes you feel like you're not a woman.
  • miss_sarcastic
    Options
    STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

Y'all only say this because you haven't had to lug huge tatas around and develop lower back issues :P
  • PrairieRoseNE
    PrairieRoseNE Posts: 265 Member
    Options
    STOP THE INSANITY!!!!

Notice he said "mankind"!! What about "womankind"?? LOL
  • shanlynt
    shanlynt Posts: 754 Member
    Options
    Im hoping that mine shrink to a somewhat normal size, but when I reach my goal weight I'm having surgery. Not implants but a lift, can't wait.
  • ahinski
    ahinski Posts: 200 Member
    Options
    I have noticed that many women post on here are upset by the fact that their breasts seem to be the area where they lose weight first.

Through the course of my weight loss journey I have lost 30 pounds from my heaviest weight...and sadly nothing from my boobs.

Can anyone tell me how I could possible inspire my boobs to deflate a little?

How many men are reading this and shaking their head lol

I've had several men tell me I looked better with the extra weight and I'm 100% sure it was due to my former double d's haha...

I guess what I'm saying is, if you don't like them...someone else probably does :)
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I have somewhat the same thing going on- I have lost 32 pounds and wear the same size bra as I was wearing when I had the extra weight on. Now it does fit a little better but still not a huge difference, HOWEVER- the differance is when I lay flat on my back- Its like I have cavities where my boobs are and they fall into them!! My husband noticed THAT first but even commented that they don't "look" smaller when I am standing...lol- I know I have lost inches around my chest because I had to tighten my bra here recently!
  • elexichoccyeater
    elexichoccyeater Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    minimiser bra!!!!
  • godroxmysox
    godroxmysox Posts: 1,491 Member
    Options
    don't know what to tell you dear....mine haven't deflated; just started to sag, lol...i wish you luck
  • kealambert
    kealambert Posts: 961 Member
    Options
    bench press, pushups, cardio :) That's what did it for me, anyway

in response to this:

I'm not a doctor, nor a certified anything lol, but this statement makes sense. The more you build muscle in a particular region, the easier the fat burns in that area. The reason, I believe, is the calories that normally go toward fat growth in that area are now focused on muscle growth, which helps slow fat cells from growing.
  • AmyLRed
    AmyLRed Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    It is somewhat genetic. Some women have more fatty tissue, others more duct tissue in the breast. When at my smallest i only ever got down to a D cup, so short of surgery, my boobs are more or less here to stay.
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    if you do chest presses and push ups and the sort, your boobs will get bigger. Perkier, but bigger. The pectoral muscle is UNDER the boob, not a part of it. So if you build up that muscle, it makes the breast tissue protrude more..... its like building a foundation for a house..... if you make the foundation bigger, the house looks bigger, not smaller. Some people dont store much in their boobs. I had that problem. I wore an H at 342 lbs, and I wore an H at 200. Then I had a reduction. Went to a C, lost 30 more lbs and still wear a C.
  • YMark
    YMark Posts: 65 Member
    Options
    in response to this:

The more you build muscle in a particular region, the easier the fat burns in that area.

Not hardly.
  • ElementalMoe
    ElementalMoe Posts: 186 Member
    Options
    I've lost 95 pounds, and went from a 36H to a 30FF. . So, not much loss in the breast area itself, but around the ribs I've gotten significantly smaller. . .

Has anyone had a lift? I don't want an addition or a reduction, but I'd like them to be perkier. Did you scar? Was it effective? Expensive?
  • Witchmoo
    Witchmoo Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    I think no matter how many exercises I did focussing on this area I can't see as how they'd be effective when the boobalina's in question are tucked into my waistband.......
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    in response to this:

I'm not a doctor, nor a certified anything lol, but this statement makes sense. The more you build muscle in a particular region, the easier the fat burns in that area. The reason, I believe, is the calories that normally go toward fat growth in that area are now focused on muscle growth, which helps slow fat cells from growing.

No offense, but the above is entirely incorrect.
  • mg720
    mg720 Posts: 212 Member
    Options
    at my heaviest i was 208 pounds and a 36c/(xl bathing suit top) i now am 135 pounds and a 32b/ (small bathing suit top)

to be honest i kind of like having a smaller chest there are so many tops that I felt self conscious wearing before and now i feel more comfortable in....i did a ton of cardio and Jillian Michaels and my boobies were definitely the first place i lost weight.