Shaved 10 min off my 1 hour walk (cardio)

pepamint83
pepamint83 Posts: 444 Member
edited September 19 in Success Stories
I walk for an hour which i was able 2 get up from 30 minutes first hurdle....But now for 2 days I finished it in 50 minutes :bigsmile: But I still want to do an hour of cardio so i decided to go for an extra lap around the park & my total cardio today was 1 hr 12 min walk I am so happy, not just for doing it for an hour + and getting it from 30 minutes (which hurt so bad in the begining) but that i challenged myself to do an hour no matter what and while the complete walk coming home took more i still did it despite it being the hottest day IN june New York has had so far...

Happy dance :drinker:

xoxo

tortoise (cause slow and steady I will win this race)

Replies

• kandyjo
    kandyjo Posts: 4,493 Member
    CONGRATS!!!! :drinker:
  • CarmenSantiago
    CarmenSantiago Posts: 681 Member
    That is simpley awesome. Your drive and determination are going to take you all the way. Great job!!

P.S. Slow and steady is the healthy way.

Keep up the good work!
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Good for you!!!:drinker: :drinker:
  • :flowerforyou: GREAT WISH I COULD TOO
  • Mishy
    Mishy Posts: 1,551 Member
    That's awesome! :flowerforyou:
  • thumper44
    thumper44 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Congrats......WTG, I know the feeling.

My Fiancee and I would do this walk around the block, it was 40 mins. I knew I could walk faster than her, so on days/evenings when I walked by myself I stepped up the tempo and was able to do 36 min then 34 mins. Then it became 2 laps totalling 68 mins.
    Now I'm wogging and trying the C25K exercises with an added street in.
    It gets better and better.
  • WAY -2- GO!!!!YAY :drinker: :drinker:
  • vanimami
    vanimami Posts: 433 Member
    YAY, THAT'S AWESOME! Keep it up :flowerforyou:
  • newDZ
    newDZ Posts: 237 Member
    that's fantasic:flowerforyou:

i ran 5 city blocks as intervals during my walk this morning. i felt so freakin empowered!
  • pepamint83
    Thank you all so very much it means the world to hear your support....it was so hard i remember those first days i was on treadmill i hated it then it broke. my mother says go to the park and home its 30 min i was dying all that uphill but then iwas able to do the 30 minutes. then 42 then an hour. i cant believe i got my 1 hr walk down 10 minutes and now i will keep pushing cause its a life change has to be.

i support u all & thank you all from the bottom of my heart

:flowerforyou:
  • ilike2moveit
    ilike2moveit Posts: 776 Member
    Good for you and keep it up!
  • pepamint83
    thank you so much it means a lot
  • arewethereyet
    arewethereyet Posts: 18,702 Member
    Way to gobop.gif
  • pepamint83
    :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
This discussion has been closed.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!