Any rapid weight loss tips.

Options

Replies

• bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    Options
    Run. Run as long and as hard as you can.
  • 2012Mich
    Options
    getting popcorn to watch the show.....

LOL me too..
  • avonlady54555
    avonlady54555 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Been there done that too. I was doing the HCG diet. I have to admit to having some gall bladder problems before. But all the people I talked to in Colorado where I got the stuff never warned me about it. I think I read it somewhere in materials after that.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    cut out the carbs completely! You will lose weight fast in the beginning, but when you add them back the weight will come back. If its worth it to you I would go that route. I did that once in my life, I lost alot of weight, but then it all came back PLUS some when I was done.

I lost 7lbs the first week of dropping processed carbs and going gluten free. However i have stayed mostly low carb/gluten free and am still losing. .. for example I allow a mini yorkshire pudding (about 45 cals) with sunday dinner but rest of meal will be healthy chicken or turkey breast with steamed green vegetables and substitute potatoes with a carrot and swede mash.

I allow potato once a week but its usually sweet potato chips with fish cooked in oven with green beans so its my healthier version of fish and chips. and I still use cauliflower in place of white rice with my curries!

It depends if you think you could stick to it after you finish dieting. Try re-introducing it slowly rather than just going from low carb to eating all carbs again.
  • rica0111
    Options
    Completely agree on everything that you said lodicox7!

And to answer your question Quickfin, try going on a liquid-only diet every other day. It could be just protein water every 2 hours (to keep you full and your muscles) or like a veggie juice fast. Then do about an hour cardio with it. It works, it's quick weight loss but you can't keep going at it in the long run. To kick-off a few pounds (& hopefully to win your competition/bet) it's ok. But please love your body and go the healthier route after you do the fast.

Good luck!
    Wow...I think there are a lot of really judgmental people in this thread. He's made it clear that this is not a part of his actual diet plan and he understands the risks and disadvantages of crash dieting. One or two days of doing a cleanse diet or increasing water intake is not doing to put a huge damper on his clearly already successful weight loss (congrats on 50 pounds, that's great!). If it's not for you, then it's not for you. But no one needs to come in here and insult him with a 'Holier than Thou' attitude. That's not what MFP is about.

As far as your situation, I understand completely. My work is having a contest ending in March and the pot is over $1000. As a recent college grad with student loans to pay for, that is an extremely significant chunk of change and nothing to scoff at. The only things that I've tried in the past that seemed to accelerate weight loss were increased water intake and a fruit and vegetable cleanse diet. After one day of eating all fruits, veggies, and 100% fruit juice, I lost 6 pounds over night. Obviously I put it back on in about a day and a half, but it did work for the short term. This was more of a diet kick-starter for me. Also, after about 3-4 days of increasing water intake I lost about 2 pounds and kept it off by keeping up with the water. I echo the person who said half your body weight in ounces. Obviously laxatives are also an option, but I've never tried this, and I'm not sure I ever will.

Clearly none of these are going to give you permanent weight loss and might throw a wrench in your healthy weight loss for a while. But I understand the need for a last second bump for $600 should you want to try them. Good luck in your contest and make sure to think this through!
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Yeah, don't do it!!!! Are you losing weight for fame and noteriety and money or because you want to be healthy? I don't get it!!!

If you are really intent on this, how about trying HCG! I've heard that does wonders for your health.

I really hope you're joking about HCG. Its a terrible diet and way that people are cutting corners just to lose weight.

OP- I think that you should just continue to follow whatever good diet/exercise regimen that you are doing.. and then a week before your final weigh in start cutting water weight. Since it sounds like you really are just concerned about winning the contest, do like boxers do and cut water weight like crazy. Just know that it will all come right back once on that cruise.. :)
  • msliu7911
    msliu7911 Posts: 639 Member
    Options
    Wow...I think there are a lot of really judgmental people in this thread. He's made it clear that this is not a part of his actual diet plan and he understands the risks and disadvantages of crash dieting. One or two days of doing a cleanse diet or increasing water intake is not doing to put a huge damper on his clearly already successful weight loss (congrats on 50 pounds, that's great!). If it's not for you, then it's not for you. But no one needs to come in here and insult him with a 'Holier than Thou' attitude. That's not what MFP is about.

As far as your situation, I understand completely. My work is having a contest ending in March and the pot is over $1000. As a recent college grad with student loans to pay for, that is an extremely significant chunk of change and nothing to scoff at. The only things that I've tried in the past that seemed to accelerate weight loss were increased water intake and a fruit and vegetable cleanse diet. After one day of eating all fruits, veggies, and 100% fruit juice, I lost 6 pounds over night. Obviously I put it back on in about a day and a half, but it did work for the short term. This was more of a diet kick-starter for me. Also, after about 3-4 days of increasing water intake I lost about 2 pounds and kept it off by keeping up with the water. I echo the person who said half your body weight in ounces. Obviously laxatives are also an option, but I've never tried this, and I'm not sure I ever will.

Clearly none of these are going to give you permanent weight loss and might throw a wrench in your healthy weight loss for a while. But I understand the need for a last second bump for $600 should you want to try them. Good luck in your contest and make sure to think this through!

AMEN TO THIS LODICOX!
  • BAMFMeredith
    BAMFMeredith Posts: 2,829 Member
    Options
    My son is a wrestler and would "cut weight" every morning of a tournament before weigh-ins by running until he was basically dehydrated and then immediately drink the weight back after the weigh-in. He has been known to lose 3 to 4 pounds by not eating the night before and cutting the next morning.
    I don't like it, I think it's unhealthy but that's the world of wrestling. :grumble:

This is EXACTLY what ALL professional wrestlers, boxers, and MMA fighters do. Every. Single. One. I watch a lot of UFC and you'll see guys weigh in at 165 but when they get in the ring, their fighting weight is like 180. Obviously you're only trying to do this for like what, one or 2 more weigh ins? I think people are missing that point.

I don't think it'll ruin your entire weight loss goals and metabolism and give you a bunch of loose skin to do this one time just to win a contest. Obviously your head's in the right place when it comes to permanent and lifelong weight loss.
  • lizzyliz79
    lizzyliz79 Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    poop. big poop.

Yeahhh.
  • nys2
    nys2 Posts: 8
    Options
    Cut off your most unused limb, I am guessing this would your non-dominant arm. Make sure you keep the limb on ice as you may be able to have it re-attached after the competition, although if may cost you much more than the $600 you would win.

best answer yet.. hilarious!
  • AnnaPixie
    AnnaPixie Posts: 7,439 Member
    Options

^^^ this!! It really is painful visiting the forums when firstly, people dont read the OP's problem and secondly, jump down their throats with no useful information whatsoever! The OP made it VERY clear that he just wants to win a competion and just needs to temporarily cut the weight before the weigh in!!!

Competitive athletes cut weight all the time. I dont think you woud call them 'unhealthy'!! Anyway, I can only suggest visiting a boxing/jockey/bodybuilder site/forum for some tips. But there have been some great suggestions already.

Good luck!! Hope you win! :flowerforyou:
  • mommy23kidz
    Options
    Cut off your most unused limb, I am guessing this would your non-dominant arm. Make sure you keep the limb on ice as you may be able to have it re-attached after the competition, although if may cost you much more than the $600 you would win.

LOL!
  • farmers_daughter
    farmers_daughter Posts: 1,632 Member
    Options
    getting popcorn to watch the show.....

I'll join you but I get the right side of the couch! :glasses:
  • golope
    golope Posts: 54
    Options

^^^ My thoughts exactly!!!
  • olong
    olong Posts: 255 Member
    Options
    thinking outside the square - let the other guy win then immediatly intoduce a new competition. The one who has kept the weight off in six months time gets double the money. It is most likely that the person who has lost the weight slowly and HEALTHLY will win that competition!!

THIS is your BEST response!!!! DO THIS!!! THIS one HERE!!!
    Better to lose the battle but WIN the WAR
  • lvng_lf
    lvng_lf Posts: 43 Member
    Options
    I think if your carbs are in a normal range you could try carb-free(ish) for a few days before weigh-in. you won't grow another head or loose a limb. hopefully it'll give you that extra edge. I understand wanting to win. hehe. good luck and make sure you drink your water!
  • subigirl
    subigirl Posts: 53 Member
    Options
    Touchy subject I know. So I'll explain first.

So after I lost 50 pounds I inspired my work to start a biggest loser challenge. I was glad to inspire my coworkers to shed some pounds however I was leery to join them. The challenge started in december and ends the first week of march. I knew being competitive would be a challenge as I had already shed so much weight and I would be missing the last weigh in due to a sheduled vacation. So I need to weigh in twice in one week (next week) to remain in the competition,or weigh in when I get back the following monday from my cruise. Now I can show some restraint but while on a cruise with 15 of your closest friends this will be a challenge in itself.

After insipring so many coworkers to join I gave in and joined the challenge. Now that the end is near and I've been in the lead most of the competition...I'm in second....to a much larger man who is still capable of throwing down giant numbers. As such he's been using the sauna 2x a day to lose more weight. This week he lost 9# grrr.

So while I'm in this for the long run...an extra $600.00 wouldn't be bad either.

I just need some temporary weightloss....

Any suggestions?

I am in this for the long haul just need some competitive advantage.

From someone who just took a cruise a few weeks ago, don't drink, and watch your food like a hawk! The food on the cruise ships is very rich...lots of sodium. When I got home, my ankles were huge, and the scale was 7 lbs heavier. Luckily, most of that came off by the end of the week by eating mostly fruit and veggies, and downing as much water as I could. Oh, and take a water bottle so you can be sure to drink enough water. I meant to, but then realized when I got on the ship that I forgot my bottle. Whenever I asked for a glass of water from one of the many bars around the ship, all they would give me was this tiny glass...kinda like a juice glass...not even 8 oz! It was very difficult for me to get enough water, since I was involved in activities and couldn't go back up to the bars every 15 minutes for another glass of water.

I'm not sure which cruise line you are on, but if they have light options on the menu, try to stick with those.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    wow this has been a popular post as I knew it would be.....to be quite honest I'm not looking for a massive loss....really just a pound or two will set me over to win.
  • quickfin
    quickfin Posts: 81 Member
    Options
    thinking outside the square - let the other guy win then immediatly intoduce a new competition. The one who has kept the weight off in six months time gets double the money. It is most likely that the person who has lost the weight slowly and HEALTHLY will win that competition!!

this was my favorite as I've taken the now 60 off slowly over since may....
  • pauljsolie
    pauljsolie Posts: 1,024 Member
    Options

this was my favorite as I've taken the now 60 off slowly over since may....

Cool, sorry for flaming ya earlier, it's just that I absolutely hate the TV program. It preys on human instincts, emotions and tells the public that losing weight fast is good. Someone who loses 5 pounds a week is voted off because it wasn't enough is sad. I wish they'd take it off the air but I guess it's here for awhile.