What's your favorite sports team if you follow sports?

Options

Replies

• charlie18091980
    Options
    There's not a team like the GLASGOW CELTIC! No not one and there never shall be one!!! :heart: :heart:

Come on the TIC!! Old Firm Clash imminent - YASSSS!!!! There truly is nothing like Old Firm day in Glasgow - I sooo miss the atmosphere (and my season ticket - grrrrrr!)
  • elimendoza31
    elimendoza31 Posts: 359 Member
    Options
    Texans and

Atlanta Falcons!!! :love:
  • ActiveGuy81
    ActiveGuy81 Posts: 705 Member
    Options
    Born and raised in SouthEast Texas so my teams are:

NFL: Dallas Cowboys
    NBA: Houston Rockets
    NHL: Dallas Stars
    MLB: Atlanta Braves
    College: UT and Lamar Univ (Alum and employee).
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    im in UK, (scotland)

and my team is glasgow celtic football club

cummon you bhoys in green :) xx

YES! I've seen some Bronco and Bama peeps on here but yay another Celtic fan!
  • chellk71
    Options
    huge hockey fan...Montreal Canadiens. And am a season ticket holder for our local South Carolina Stingrays. Oh and despite all the stuff going on still a Penn State fan.
  • Di3012
    Di3012 Posts: 2,250 Member
    Options
    I am not into team sports, I like track and field athletics, so more of individual sports person really.

Nice, I love T&F as well. Florida State has an elite track team. Big Walter Dix fan. We have a freshman coming in that's going to be a monster. Broke the world record in 55m earlier this year.

Those jamaicans are too good.

Dang! Good one!! Do you know what time he did?
  • AndreaDennis1
    Options
    I love the Kansas City Chiefs, St. Louis Cardinals, and the St. Louis Blues!~
  • Loveebbs
    Loveebbs Posts: 300 Member
    Options
    Dallas Cowboys and Mavericks
  • ahealthy4u
    ahealthy4u Posts: 442 Member
    Options
    Football and American and European
    Dallas Cowboys
    Chicago Bears
    Manchester United
    LA Galaxy
    FC Barcelona
    NASCAR and India Car Racing
    College Football
    Concordia
    Iowa Hawkeyes
    Ohio State
    Hockey any
  • soaps54
    soaps54 Posts: 567 Member
    Options
    ATL

Braves, Falcons, & Hawks!

Love me some college hoops too - go Heels!
  • twinoakbob
    twinoakbob Posts: 177 Member
    Options
    Dyson Racing
  • hels4397
    hels4397 Posts: 100 Member
    Options
    NE Patriots, Boston Bruins & Boston Red Sox (I am from CT after all lol)
  • kjbuckw
    Options
    E-A-G-L-E-S Eaglessssss

And here I was about to comment on the lack of Philly fans...fight, Eagles, fight! :bigsmile:

there we go! :happy: LET'S GO BIRDS!!! :drinker:

Here come the Philly fans...it's about to get rowdy up in here...maybe not quite 700-level @ the Vet rowdy...we're not that nuts, LMAO :laugh:

LOL yeah this post might want to watch out! ;)

Can't believe it so few Eagles fans! My kids sing Fly Eagles Fly religiously. We love all Philly Sports!! Favorites have to be the Eagles and Flyers but I am quickly warming up to the Sixers!
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Football (you know, the proper British one that's played with your feet :wink: :laugh: ) I support Manchester City FC and Altrincham FC. Despise Manchester United... :mad:
    Rugby League: Bradford Bulls

The ones I support but aren't too fussed about:
    Australian RL: Wests Tigers
    NFL: Cincinnati Bengals (Can you see a slight Tiger theme going on here? lol)

If there were any other teams of other sports, I'd probably just find one that was called Tiger/Wildcats or something and support them :laugh:

Ha, ha! Where are you from? I support Man U, sorry :) as well as Real Madrid, hello Cristiano Ronaldo! However, I also support Cincinnati Bengals, as Cinci is my hometown!

I grew up near Manchester Airport/Cheshire, now living in North Wales and lived in Bradford for a couple of years :)
  • TeeferTiger
    TeeferTiger Posts: 136 Member
    Options
    Football (you know, the proper British one that's played with your feet :wink: :laugh: ) I support Manchester City FC and Altrincham FC. Despise Manchester United... :mad:
    Rugby League: Bradford Bulls

The ones I support but aren't too fussed about:
    Australian RL: Wests Tigers
    NFL: Cincinnati Bengals (Can you see a slight Tiger theme going on here? lol)

If there were any other teams of other sports, I'd probably just find one that was called Tiger/Wildcats or something and support them :laugh:

Then you are having a wonderful time this year I'm sure. City has been fantastic.

Not bad! Just not used to it lol We're usually mid table somewhere... It's nice to be ahead of Utd though. Fergie is an arrogant a*se :explode:

Hahahaha United is the only team a lot of Americans have even heard of. Our city is used to being bad in every sport so we are really excited for the MLS season to start since Sporting is great right now. (I know you will probably laugh at that, but we still enjoy it! Most Brits don't think MLS should even be called soccer.)

It's football!!! :explode: lol You should rename American Football, American Rugby or something (and take off all the padding!) :laugh:
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    I know it's football but put yourself in my position. I feel like a weirdo calling it football because everyone who lives here calls it soccer. If I go around calling it football all the time it sounds like I'm just being annoying and pretentious. It's like people who insist on calling an apartment a flat or an elevator a lift just because they visited London once for two weeks. I don't want to be one of THOSE people. I KNOW it's football but if I call it that then people will just think I wish I were British. And I'm not even really sure why American football is called football either.....
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    I know it's football but put yourself in my position. I feel like a weirdo calling it football because everyone who lives here calls it soccer. If I go around calling it football all the time it sounds like I'm just being annoying and pretentious. It's like people who insist on calling an apartment a flat or an elevator a lift just because they visited London once for two weeks. I don't want to be one of THOSE people. I KNOW it's football but if I call it that then people will just think I wish I were British. And I'm not even really sure why American football is called football either.....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hahahaha! Annoying, pretentious, and not to mention, confusing. Since we're already in America, we shouldn't have to clarify by saying AMERICAN football. Here in the States it's just simplifies things by referring to them as football and soccer.

I think it is called FOOTball because no other American sport that I can think of (basketball, baseball, softball, etc...) is played by kicking the ball with your foot. Can you think of another name for it that more distinctively describes the game in a single word? You can't call it PASSball because you can also "pass" the ball in basketball. You can't call it RUNball because all the other sports involve running. TOUCHDOWNball is just a ridiculously long sounding name for a sport. You see where I'm going with this?
  • jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Hahahaha! Annoying, pretentious, and not to mention, confusing. Since we're already in America, we shouldn't have to clarify by saying AMERICAN football. Here in the States it's just simplifies things by referring to them as football and soccer.

I think it is called FOOTball because no other American sport that I can think of (basketball, baseball, softball, etc...) is played by kicking the ball with your foot. Can you think of another name for it that more distinctively describes the game in a single word? You can't call it PASSball because you can also "pass" the ball in basketball. You can't call it RUNball because all the other sports involve running. TOUCHDOWNball is just a ridiculously long sounding name for a sport. You see where I'm going with this?

Also, it is often referred to as NFL football, which can serve to clarify which sport (soccer or football) one is referring to.
  • lmalaschak
    lmalaschak Posts: 346 Member
    Options
    So maybe we need to begin the trend of calling it MLS football although that sounds silly and is redundant.....I think our poor British friends may just have to resign themselves to hearing the word soccer every now and then. Sorry all!
  • ashmarie419
    ashmarie419 Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    College- I go to Washington State University so gotta say I love my cougs!!

NHL- NY Rangers... i love the body blocking they do!

WHL- Spokane Chiefs!!! :) <-- most favorite!!

NFL- Arizona Cardinals, really i just love Fitzgerald. I mean come on have you seen that man catch!!

MLB- Arizona Diamondbacks, don't know why just loved them since I was a kid.

NBA- Anytime playing the Lakers, that's my brothers team and being from Cali that's all you hear about when basketball season comes.

That's about it for sports I watch :) Hockey is by far my favorite sport!