Foods you have cut out entirely

I'm all for everything you want in moderation, but what foods do you just not like anymore that you use to love?
For me:

Mayo ((I stopped for a couple of months, now I can't stand the sight of it, use to put it on everything))

Cheese on cheeseburgers ((Go hamburgers, so much better that way)) or cheese on anything really.

Dressings on salads ((They just taste fresher without it))

French fries ((I use to eat them 2-3 times a week, they are still good once a month or so but don't, "need" them like I use to with burgers, sandwiches, wings, ect))

Anyone else have a list to share?

Replies

• bushidowoman
    bushidowoman Posts: 1,599 Member
    I wouldn't say I've cut out anything *entirely*. In general, I don't do white bread or white rice or boxed dinners or processed cheese. But there's always the exception!
    In the summertime, when we make a trip to the lake, I always want a bologna, processed cheese, and mustard sandwich on white bread. With barbecue potato chips and a strawberry or grape soda. I guess it all brings back childhood nostalgia (happy times with my Daddy and grandparents, whom I miss). I just eat it and don't worry too much, knowing that I'm burning off calories swimming and playing, and I'll go back to healthy eating once I get home.
  • runnercheryl
    runnercheryl Posts: 1,314 Member
    Nothing, unless 'added salt' counts. I used to love chips with salt, but I don't add it any more (and chips themselves are a rare occurrence). I also buy salt and shake crisps on rare occasions, and the sachet of salt gets thrown away.

Food-wise, I still eat all the things I used to but I choose the healthiest option in any situation. In fact, tonight was one of those rare occasions with chips - I had fish, chips and peas.

I suppose there are combinations of foods I've not had, actually - I miss cheese, ham and pepperoni panini, but those calories are excessive so I've not had one of those in over a year.
  • gymshoe42
    gymshoe42 Posts: 97 Member
    yeah i don't think i've cut anything out entirely ... but i've significantly reduced a lot.
    I love fries, but now it's on the rare occasion ....
    I had burgers at least once or twice a week at one time ... I've had 1 burger since new years.
    I love ice cream ... I think I've had one bowl in the last 2 months.
    I'm trying to eliminate hydrogenated anything from our pantry ...
    pretty much anything that's not great...I only consume in moderation..
  • GoMizzou99
    GoMizzou99 Posts: 512 Member
    Pork rinds and chicken wings
  • Hmmm - never say never, but I haven't had cold cereal in a couple years. That's the only thing I can think of that's been completely cut out.
  • bcattoes
    bcattoes Posts: 17,299 Member
    At home I have entirely cut out bread and pasta that is not whole grain, white rice, full fat cheese and ground meats that are not lean. I will eat these in a restaurant if that's all that's available, but not at home where I can control it.
  • KineticPearl
    KineticPearl Posts: 29 Member
    Coke has been abolished. Occasionally I will have a Coke Zero, but the sugar laden variety is not consumed.
  • Shanna_Inc86
    Shanna_Inc86 Posts: 781 Member
    For personal reasons I rarely eat meat anymore unless it's organic

Cut out all fast food but it wasn't so much to do with dieting
  • Ralthor125
    Ralthor125 Posts: 139 Member
    Chips, white bread, mayo, doughnuts, sodas...actually any fast food place...but then again, I'm watching salt as well as calories with more attention on the salt...name ONE fast food resturant with little salt in thier products! Low being defined as less that 300 mg of salt in the meal.
  • EmCarroll1990
    EmCarroll1990 Posts: 2,832 Member
    I haven't cut anything out, as that's not realistic - at least not for me. I just have been eating better and if I feel like junk, I have it. Everything in moderation though.
  • iplayoutside19
    iplayoutside19 Posts: 2,304 Member
    Fries, and chips mostly. Before we started at MFP we used to have Hamburger Helper 2-3 times a week for dinner. I don't think we've bought one since the summer fo 2009 when we started. Other that that, nothing really. Just made adjustments to fit our calorie goals without being hungry.
  • damonmath
    damonmath Posts: 359 Member
    Milk
    Dairy Creamer
    Mayo
    Salad Dressing
    Raw Sugar
    Red Meat
    Pasta
    White Rice
    Raw Veggies (I drink V8)
    Sugared Sodas
    Beer
    Fast Food of any kind
    Pizza
  • Sb65513n
    Sb65513n Posts: 131 Member
    Mayo.
    I gave it up in Nov. I've had once since but I no longer crave it.
  • UsedToBeHusky
    UsedToBeHusky Posts: 15,228 Member
    I presently have banned hot dogs from my house. Not that anyone missed them. I think I was the only one that really liked them. Anyway, I probably will have one again some day, but right at the moment, I'm not interested.

I really don't use mayo anymore either... though I think there might be some of that olive oil kind in my fridge.
  • I had to cut out cookies entirely!!! Not because I couldn't log them in moderation, but because I know they are my trigger food and since I CAN live without them... I'm choosing to. :happy:

Plus it's kind of empowering to feel like I have the ability to say no to something that has plagued me for years and only made me fat and miserable... !
  • Rae6503
    Rae6503 Posts: 6,294 Member
    Nothing.
  • LabRat529
    LabRat529 Posts: 1,323 Member
    Nothing.

I love you.

Nothing here too.
  • Athijade
    Athijade Posts: 3,300 Member
    Nothing.

I do not deprive myself. That would lead to instant failure for me. My mind set is that this is a life style change, not a diet. I need something that I can do for life. I will not allow food to dictate my life. I will have a healthy relationship with food.

What that means is that I will never deprive myself of something I love. I might not eat it that day, but I will plan in a hamburger, hot dogs, pizza, ect. I make them healthier now and watch my portions, but if I want a grilled hot dog, by the gods I will have a grilled hot dog with all the toppings.

Just trying to figure out how to fit in my twice yearly splurge of a Chicago Style Deep Dish Pizza...
  • janegalt37
    janegalt37 Posts: 270 Member
    Margarita mix.

Now I just shoot the tequila straight and suck a lime.

After that, nothing.
  • RillSoji
    RillSoji Posts: 376 Member
    Dairy-milk. I never drink it anymore and don't use it in cooking anymore either. I still use other dairy products. Cheese, lots of cheese. Sour Cream on occasion and everything else rarely. I used to drink milk like water. Doc told me to when I was a teenager because he was worried about my calcium levels. Only now, 15 years later, finding out that was the worst advice I could have been given for my PCOS. When I finally stopped drinking milk my acne cleared up and I started losing a little more weight. Surprise surprise, I started adding more leafy greens to my diet around the same time I stopped drinking milk and both my iron and calcium deficiencies went away within 4 months. Might not be related to dairy much but still....Woo!

Edit: Oh fried stuff. Not cut out entirely but it's like a 3 times per year thing now. I've gotten so used to not eating fried things that when I do have some, it makes my stomach upset. Easier to avoid it now.
  • tlinval
    tlinval Posts: 175 Member
    I had to limit eggs, ice cream and peanut butter. Eggs because of my cholesterol (and I use to eat them every day), pb and ice cream because they are trigger foods for me. I can have them on my treat days, but otherwise I don't have them. So far it is just fine. :happy:
  • rileysowner
    rileysowner Posts: 8,315 Member
    Nothing. I still like the foods I liked before, and I like a whole bunch of things I didn't like before so my food choices have grown.
  • 1996gtstang
    1996gtstang Posts: 279 Member
    fried foods, fast food and mayo
  • lacroyx
    lacroyx Posts: 5,754 Member
    soda pop and white bread. well haven't complete cut out white bread but I prefer whole grain/whole wheat.
  • jfluchere
    jfluchere Posts: 346 Member
    Anything processed or low quality.
    Then,
    Dairy & bread. After that I eat whatever I want.
  • Soda, dipping sauce, donuts and 2% milk. Now if I could just break myself from the french fries and chocolate.
  • Nothing. I just eat less of the bad foods and have added tons of fresh non-processed foods.
  • Butter on toast or sandwiches, only because I feel like I'm wasting calories on something I can easily go without. One of my downfalls is soft drink and while I still would like to have it every now and then - I've replaced my craving for soft drink for peppermint tea (it took awhile lol!)
  • savingherlife
    savingherlife Posts: 10 Member
    Soda of all kinds. And what do you know, I feel better! :o)
  • 1sweetpea70
    1sweetpea70 Posts: 48 Member
    Fast food, white bread, packaged meals, most chips, alcohol.....I'll NEVER give up my waffles with real butter and syrup!!! Thats one cheat meal i look forward too :)