To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• unsuspectingfish
    unsuspectingfish Posts: 1,176 Member
    Options
    I may actually have to start running/walking outside my room, JUST FOR THIS.
  • LiviLou2011
    LiviLou2011 Posts: 437 Member
    Options
    To the eye!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    One does not simply walk into Mordor!

Exactly! 1,500 miles? Psh, I'm taking a bike... with a basket on it so I look retro.
  • JadeRabbit08
    JadeRabbit08 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)

That's AWESOME! Mad nerd props to you! sign me up. I need a pedometer!
    I was umming and ahhing about buying one but now I have to!
    Does the fitbit do miles?
  • monkeymouse74
    Options
    Ooooooh YES!!!:love: I want in! But I cant walk or run at the moment I'm having my feet strapped for the next 3 weeks, and then I have to get used to the orthotics my podiatrist is sorting out for me.:sad: I do swim 2k everyday, and I cycle and do body pump as well as free weights and circuit training. Can I convert these into miles walked?:flowerforyou:
  • hopeashl
    Options
    I LOVE it!!! :)
  • ViSabbi
    ViSabbi Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    New group created based on this thread: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/3423-to-mordor

Let's do this!! :)
  • zippo32
    zippo32 Posts: 1,419 Member
    Options
    71 mi. in
  • zippo32
    Options
    74 mi. in
  • Kymmu
    Kymmu Posts: 1,650 Member
    Options
    I think in kilometers, but I'll translate and join you on the expedition......Do we have to be there by a certain date?
    I'd hate to miss the party!
  • zippo32
    Options
    I'm not a modorator or anything but how about meet at the end of 2012??
  • Jennyisbusy
    Jennyisbusy Posts: 1,294 Member
    Options
    I have an idea. An idea that has been done several times before, I'm sure. But I don't care, because it sounds fun. I'm walking from The Shire to Mordor, just because it sounds cool :) and dude, it is like 1100 miles, 1560 if you go the way Frodo and Sam went. That's a pretty dang good workout, I'd say! I just wanted to let you guys know, so you can join me or make fun of me or whatever. Feel free to add me :D and join me in my journey if you'd like :)
    I love it! I'm in.

But I gotta say when I first read this I couldn't help but think of this video: Lord of Rings: How it should have ended: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1yqVD0swvWU

Great video! I wanna walk to Mordor.
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Can someone help a hobbit out? I've walked out of bagend looked back at the lights, and have gone 5.6 miles.....How can I tell where I am?? I'm LOST!!! is there a quick link to the page of milestones? i can't find it!
    Please - Don't leave me here alone!!!!!!!!
  • Kymmu
    Options
    Can someone help a hobbit out? I've walked out of bagend looked back at the lights, and have gone 5.6 miles.....How can I tell where I am?? I'm LOST!!! is there a quick link to the page of milestones? i can't find it!
    Please - Don't leave me here alone!!!!!!!!
    It's okay...I'm entering Tookland!
  • zippo32
    Options
    80 mi. in
  • zippo32
    Options
    90 mi. in
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    The last 2 weeks, I have walked the equivalent of 36.9 miles.

Total miles to date: 368.49
  • slayerdan
    Options
    Only if Gollum goes too.
  • TeeJayBee_xo
    Options
    Love this so much hahahah x
  • or1ch6id
    Options
    just saw this thread - love love love it! :)