To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• darrynflame
    Options
    Woo-Hoo!
    Cross The Great Road from the Brandywine Bridge. Enter Tookland.
  • darrynflame
    Options
    My daily walk is just under a mile, so today I -Look back at lights of Hobbiton from first slopes of the Green Hill Country.
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Passed Farmer Maggot's and am spending the night in Crickhollow.
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    last week I did another 14 miles...
    total miles so far: 38 :happy:
  • darrynflame
    Options
    Am up to 9.3 miles! It's surprising how quickly they add up.

Hobbiton hidden as slopes rise and fall.
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    The Bonfire Glade - clear path beyond. Sunny, but not yet in clearing
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options
    Is anyone else going the whole way to Mordor....or am I just the only crazy hobbit?

I currently am visiting Tom Bombadil.

Seeing as how it's 9:20am....it's time for Second Breakfast (yes...my meals are in Hobbit time).

(I wish I could say I'm reading the novels....however I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin)
  • linbee83
    Options
    Is anyone else going the whole way to Mordor....or am I just the only crazy hobbit?

I think most of us are going to Mordor (myself included), but have kind of set little mini-goals. Like, for me, my 1st step is Rivendell, then Lothlorien, etc.

Some have even smaller increments, like Bree first.

Enjoy your stay at Tom's!
  • Mortazor
    Mortazor Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    I'm in!
  • fitnesspirateninja
    Options
    This. Is. Awesome.
  • VelvetKey
    VelvetKey Posts: 193 Member
    Options
    The sheer geekiness overwhelms. I am going to try at least from The Shire to Rivendell on the Eowyn Challenge posted on the first page of this thread. ;-) I might make it all the way to Mordor!
  • Angelgrl86
    Angelgrl86 Posts: 74 Member
    Options

I'm breaking it down into smaller, more manageable goals.. 1700+ miles is a LOT and it can get overwhelming.
    I'll change my ticker (the turtle one) as I progress through Middle Earth (IE: When I get to Rivendell, I'll add the miles to Lothlorien to the total)

And you aren't crazy... just very bold! ^_^

The greatest adventure is what lies ahead.
    Today and tomorrow are yet to be said.
    The chances, the changes are all yours to make.
    The mold of your life is in your hands to break.
  • mehs04
    Options

Seeing as how it's 9:20am....it's time for Second Breakfast (yes...my meals are in Hobbit time).

(I wish I could say I'm reading the novels....however I'm reading A Song of Ice and Fire series by George R R Martin)

I'm planning to go all the way to Mordor, too. I've just broken it down into smaller sections like on th Eowyn challenge. I think that when I get to Rivendell, I'll make a new ticker which shows miles from Rivendell to Lothlorien and display that in my signature, too. Then once I get to Lothlorien, add another ticker showing from Lothlorien to Rauros, then one from Rauros to Mt. Doom.

Just watched the last half of ROTK (extended version) last night and cried once again when Frodo said goodbye to Sam, Merry, and Pippen to go to the Grey Havens. That part gets me every time!

I should reread the books again, but I have "A Game of Thrones" by George R. R. Martin on hold at the library and am waiting for it to come in. Funny how you mentioned the series, TheMaidOfAstolat! My cousin who is also an avid reader suggested it to me, and I'm looking forward to getting into it!
  • lexgem
    lexgem Posts: 163
    Options
    This is a really great idea! I've made myself a ticker too! How do you measure how much ground you've covered every day?
  • M_lifts
    M_lifts Posts: 2,224 Member
    Options
    haha! love it! love all the lotr movies!
  • LisaMarieee
    LisaMarieee Posts: 176 Member
    Options
    This is amazing, haha. :) I want to join.
  • mehs04
    Options
    This is a really great idea! I've made myself a ticker too! How do you measure how much ground you've covered every day?

I've been biking my miles so far, and I use maps.google.com. I think most treadmills and elipticals also tell you how far you've gone. If you walk in your neighborhood, you could still use google maps to figure out how far you've walked.
  • babybluz33
    babybluz33 Posts: 722 Member
    Options
    I'm in, this is awesome!!! I love that I'm not the only geek on here!!! I'll start out heading to Rivendell but eventually make it to Mordor!
  • janski2
    Options
    I want to go.
  • TheMaidOfAstolat
    TheMaidOfAstolat Posts: 3,222 Member
    Options

I use mapmyrun.com I tend to stick to the same 6 routes weekly and I know the miles involved. I either walk or run and sometimes hike.