To Mordor!

Options

Replies

• FaithsVegWorkout
    Options
    Good luck to all of you when you get to Cirith Ungol. I'm enjoying watching your journeys.
  • Phera
    Phera Posts: 269 Member
    Options
    Counting my steps from Monday I'm up to 24.8 miles which puts me on Day 2 of their journey. I may see a black rider today..eek.
  • Pasvader
    Options
    i have never felt compelled to post any reply on any forum before but that is just brilliant, im a massive lotr geek and a little jealous i never thought of doing that lol,

nice one
  • linbee83
    linbee83 Posts: 144
    Options
    I think I'm in love! So so want to join! Lol, and Smeagal has to stay home.

According to my last couple days...I just crossed the Brandywine Bridge and entered Tookland!
  • IMYarnCraz33
    IMYarnCraz33 Posts: 1,016 Member
    Options
    I've walked 8.7 miles this week---
    where would i be?
    the woods of the shire?
  • ooOOooGravy
    ooOOooGravy Posts: 476 Member
    Options
    I've walked 8.7 miles this week---
    where would i be?
    the woods of the shire?

check on this site, is a brill chart that im using: http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Tools/Bag_end/bag_end.html
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    Another LOTR lover here. I'd love to do this, but I was wondering if this group is only for those walking or could we run or bike there, too?
  • cfremon
    cfremon Posts: 44 Member
    Options
    Another LOTR lover here. I'd love to do this, but I was wondering if this group is only for those walking or could we run or bike there, too?

I'm going to be walking, horse-back riding, boating, climbing, or running where ever appropriate. :) I think biking should count also.

Also, how are all of you doing? Where are you at? :)
  • sadielane
    sadielane Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'd like to join this shindig, oh wait, wrong 'verse :laugh: Anyway, I've gone 12.52 miles so far.
  • _Khaleesi_
    _Khaleesi_ Posts: 877 Member
    Options
    Well, I am 29 miles in and that takes me to Woody End where everyone stops to rest (which works out well actually since I've had to take a few days off due to illness). A BLACK RIDER is coming up though... wish me luck!!
  • JulieMD
    JulieMD Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    I'm so doing this!
  • linbee83
    Options
    I've reached the 14th mile(ish) and have reached Stock Road!
  • happyhappy7628
    Options
    This. Is. AWESOME!!
  • becky_turcotte
    Options
    This is a great idea. I'm in!!!
  • jenniferford0914
    Options
    I love this idea - especially since I don't have to endure the trials and tribulations they did along the way. :laugh: I'm going to have to start the book again and take a look at the map!
  • laureneva15
    Options
    I am officially starting this quest today. Wish me luck!
    however... i was wondering if i could bags being Pippin? he was my favourite in the movies ^_^
  • linbee83
    Options
    I love this idea - especially since I don't have to endure the trials and tribulations they did along the way. :laugh: I'm going to have to start the book again and take a look at the map!

I'm doing the same myself! Just started reading the Fellowship again today!
  • abellone7289
    abellone7289 Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    this is the best Idea I have ever heard of.
  • Myobi
    Myobi Posts: 129 Member
    Options
    I'm definitely going to start this! Though I'm going to see if I can make it to Rivendell first. =)
  • mehs04
    mehs04 Posts: 184
    Options
    I've logged just over 29 miles, and according to http://home.insightbb.com/~eowynchallenge/Walk/walk.html "Road zig-zigs to top of a steep bank and goes down for the last time. Can see across Woody End to the River. **THEY STOP TO REST, EAT, and REST more!" Unfortunately pretty soon I'm going to have to hide from a Black Rider!