What's your favorite sports team if you follow sports?

Options

Replies

• jcstanton
    jcstanton Posts: 1,849 Member
    Options
    So maybe we need to begin the trend of calling it MLS football although that sounds silly and is redundant.....I think our poor British friends may just have to resign themselves to hearing the word soccer every now and then. Sorry all!

NFL Football is also redundant as NFL stands for National Football League, but using the terms MLS Football or NFL Football sounds less silly to me than American Football or European Football...especially since BOTH sports are played on BOTH continents (although, admittedly, American Football is significanlty less popular in Europe than Soccer....eeerrrr....European Football is here in the States). I'm with you, though. I think the term "soccer" has already caught on, and it would probably be a moot point to try to change it at this stage. I'm all for compromise, but the reality is that compromise isn't ALWAYS possible, unfortunately. :frown:
  • Grandysl
    Grandysl Posts: 189
    Options
    I Rock the Red: Washington Capitals
  • burstchair
    Options
    rtr
  • firesoforion
    firesoforion Posts: 1,017 Member
    Options
    On the Soccer/Football thing, just call it "European Football" and "American Football." That's pretty much how my friends and I have solved it. :)
  • Fred77
    Fred77 Posts: 132 Member
    Options
    Football/Soccer Liverpool FC. I am fortunate to have a season ticket, i never miss a game, and have spent many years watching them all over Europe.
  • bastins
    Options
    Dallas Cowboys, New York Rangers, New York Mets, and the New York Knicks!!! Can we just mention LIN for a minute!?!?! :D

I think you're officially my opposite! Flyers vs Rangers, Phillies vs Mets, Eagles vs Cowboys... ;)
    And I'm not even really sure why American football is called football either.....

I think our football was actually born from European football and "rugby football". The game of course evolved over the years, but the name "football" remains.

As for "soccer", that, ironically, is actually an English term!
  • christine24t
    christine24t Posts: 6,063 Member
    Options
    Chicago Blackhawks.
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    Pittsburgh Pirates.

:noway:

Poor guy
  • MFPAddict
    MFPAddict Posts: 2,303 Member
    Options
    NFL: Pittsburgh Steelers
    College Basketball: Pittsburgh Panthers
    NHL: Pittsburgh Penguins

MLB: No thank you. Haven't followed the Pirates since Barry Bonds left for San Francisco. Haven't followed baseball since he was snubbed because of the steroids scandal.
  • LauraMacNCheese
    LauraMacNCheese Posts: 7,198 Member
    Options
    Dallas Cowboys, New York Rangers, New York Mets, and the New York Knicks!!! Can we just mention LIN for a minute!?!?! :D

I think you're officially my opposite! Flyers vs Rangers, Phillies vs Mets, Eagles vs Cowboys... ;)
    And I'm not even really sure why American football is called football either.....

I think our football was actually born from European football and "rugby football". The game of course evolved over the years, but the name "football" remains.

As for "soccer", that, ironically, is actually an English term!

Another Philly fan...awesome! Did you catch that Flyers win tonight? :bigsmile:
  • PamJ413
    PamJ413 Posts: 19 Member
    Options
    BOSTON BRUINS!!
  • jamiem1102
    jamiem1102 Posts: 1,196 Member
    Options
    THE RED SOX
  • xtinec84
    Options
    Chicago...
    Cubs
    Bears
    Bulls
    Blackhawks
  • courtneymal17
    courtneymal17 Posts: 672 Member
    Options

Another Philly fan...awesome! Did you catch that Flyers win tonight? :bigsmile:

Nope, but I watched them lose on sunday! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • jay586
    jay586 Posts: 133
    Options
    loins tigers redwings u of m go blue and the boston bruins
  • trhops
    trhops Posts: 295 Member
    Options
    ST LOUIS BLUES AND CARDINALS!!!!
  • kfhoffman12
    Options
    well im from ohio so.... HANDS DOWN IM A BUCKEYE FOR LIFE!!!

Indians (smh) and any team from Pittsburgh! :) Along with the Cardinals! :D
  • jesscaponigro
    jesscaponigro Posts: 114 Member
    Options
    J-E-T-S! Jets! Jets! JETS!!!!! I have a Jets tatt and a Yankees tatt.... But i also like the devils, magic, & nets....

Don't have a tattoo, but love the Jets and the Yankees. My husband is a Cowboys fan so I root for them too. Hockey we both root for the Penguins.
  • mnishi
    mnishi Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Da Bears!
  • galegetsthin
    galegetsthin Posts: 1,352 Member
    Options
    The FSU Seminoles, The Saints and The Broncos. I LOOOOOOOOVE football and will watch pretty much any game that looks like it will be a good one.